Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie

Go down 
+14
EgypSwiftLady
Cynthia
jamy
NiteOwl
Matilda
Jackie\'s Mom
priya
Capuccino
AZWhitefeather
Tech
Teresa
plamenh
rattyfied
pigeonwriter
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie   The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 1:55 am

Cindy - no - those weren't the pics in the computer but all the new ones in the camera which I did not download to the computer yet!!!! And in the morning I thought I have to save them but did not have time to do so before. It is very frustrating.
I also made some spectacular photos from the sky. We had quite some sheetlightning yesterday evening and it was perfect - all lost... Seeing red/mad

There is no way to retrieve images from a chipcard The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 559177
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie   The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 6:48 am

pigeonwriter wrote:

Cindy - no - those weren't the pics in the computer but all the new ones in the camera which I did not download to the computer yet!!!! And in the morning I thought I have to save them but did not have time to do so before. It is very frustrating.
I also made some spectacular photos from the sky. We had quite some sheetlightning yesterday evening and it was perfect - all lost
... Seeing red/mad

There is no way to retrieve images from a chipcard The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 559177

Oh my goodness. What a shame, Petra. Very sad Very sad
Universal hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie   The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 2:04 pm

Well - after my initial shock I must say I rather have some very healthy birds than some nice photos!!! The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 395766

Yesterday night Winnie decided to stay outside during the night - it is very hot here - but outside it is still better than in a very hot appartment with 90° during the night. Right? Thank heaven I was wise enough to create a new nest for her on the balcony outside the net of course. Within half an hour she claimed it her own. What a clever girl.

I must say that I am quite surprised that she decided to stay here - for the moment and it makes me very happy. My suspicion was that she would look for freedom as soon as she was free but apparently she thought that "Hotel Mama" was more convenient - Laughing - with food in abundance, always a fresh drink and a luxury bathtub! What else could a pigeon lady expect?

And because she is addtionally Daddy's best girl - Embarassed - while Emma is sitting on plaster eggs - why should she go away? Hmmm

This morning I made a few photos from her while she was greeting the sun together with Daddy Pete:

The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 0713x011

The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 0713x010

The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 0713x012

The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 0713x013

The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 0713x014

The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 0713x015

The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 0713x016

The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 0713x017

The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 0713x018

The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 0713x019

The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 0713x020

The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 0713x021

And this is Winnie sitting in front of her new nest:

The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 0713x022

The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 0713x023

The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 0713x024

Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie   The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 2:15 pm

The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 983488 ... The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 983488 ... The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 983488 ... The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 983488

cheers
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie   The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 2:58 pm

As usual your photos are Star quality Petra.
I love them all. I love it/them

Thank you so much for sharing them with us. Hi there/Bye
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie   The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 3:08 pm

Thank you Charis and Cindy!

Winnie is outside since nearly 1 week now and she is still here. She often comes inside during the day to have a little snack and the funny thing is that she is tamer than ever. Whenever I go out on the balcony she comes running, to look at me, wondering what I have to tell her. Isn't that sweet? She sometimes hops on my shoulder and sits there or when I have some sunflower hearts in my hand she immediately flies on my arm/hand and eats directly from my hand. And she was the former oh-don't-touch-me!

From the second day on when she was free she preferred to sleep on the balcony though - exactly under the board you can see in one of the photos above, exactly on the edge of the balcony balustrade. Today I made her a little shelter, in case it will rain. This means I turned a cardboard box upside down, cut an opening into it and pushed it beneath that board so that she has a place now that is closed from 3 sides but it still very airy. This will protect her from wind and rain but in the morning she can watch the sun rise as all birds love to do. Will post a photo later. Within a minute she took possession of her little summerhouse. What an intelligent little pijjie! The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 116281

Pina, my little princess, is an entirely different case. She still gets breakfast from me at 7 in the morning (baby cereal with applesauce and joghurt) because her digestion is still not quite what it should be and I don't want her to be away for the whole day without a good breakfast. After that she disappears like a lightning and is gone till the late afternoon. Then she returns, goes straight away to the food bowl and has a good meal, i.e. she eats like a piggy.

After that she disappears for a second round. Before it gets dark she comes back again, takes her supper and stays inside - in her box. Isn't this amazing?

Since a few days she is flying together with Paulchen - you remember the string injury? I haven't seen him for weeks and now Pina apparently has made friends with him and is flying together with him. I have no idea what happened to Paulchen's wife - wether this is only temporary, because she is sitting on eggs or not. I don't know. Could this be? Maybe Pina is learning from him all the things she missed to learn because she was so sick during her childhood. And Paulchen is an experienced pijjie man. The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 395766

The cutest thing is that when Pina comes in for the first time in the afternoon for eating - he is waiting outside for her and then they fly together away.
Btw - I have realized that Paulchen finally lost his bad toe Very sad - there is only a stump left but that looks good and healed. At least I could save him the second toe. He does not seem to be handicapped at all and walks normally.

I am so very proud for Pina and Winnie. I am paid back with so much love - it is very moving! The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 983488 The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 983488 The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 983488 The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 983488 The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 983488

Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie   The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 3:38 pm

Many thanks for the update, Petra. Smile
Such doll babies they all are. The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 983488 Each with their own personality. Happy Dance
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie   The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 4:17 pm

Petra...they are both just amazing pigeons and you are an amazing human. Pigeon angel

I hope you all have many happy years to enjoy friendship and love.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie   The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 9:31 pm

Loved the update, Petra! I love it/them cheers Way To Go I can just imagine how happy you must feel when you see them fly high, come in, eat from your hand, enjoy life to the full. But for you none of that would be happening now! Pigeon angel

The photos are brilliant, especially with that special light quality of the early morning! I love them all, but the one where her neck is almost horizontal and she's looking back is priceless! Great job I'm sorry you lost the pictures you had in your camera, but you're certainly making up for it now! Wink Tickled Pink
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie   The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 12:47 pm

Cindy, Charis, Teresa - thank you so much for your dear words.

The pijjies continue to amaze me. I told you that Pina is flying together with Paulchen at the moment. Yesterday, when she came back quite late, I saw another pijjie, that came apparently together with Pina but flew away so quickly again that I could not identify him for sure.
Today it was easier: believe it or not - it was Paulchen! Apparently he brought her home safely and then flew away again, just like a good boyfriend would do it.

What do you say about this? This is so very much humanlike that I don't know any more what to say. It IS amazing The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 395766
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie   The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 1:05 pm

pigeonwriter wrote:

The pijjies continue to amaze me. I told you that Pina is flying together with Paulchen at the moment. Yesterday, when she came back quite late, I saw another pijjie, that came apparently together with Pina but flew away so quickly again that I could not identify him for sure.
Today it was easier: believe it or not - it was Paulchen! Apparently he brought her home safely and then flew away again, just like a good boyfriend would do it.
What do you say about this? This is so very much humanlike that I don't know any more what to say. It IS amazing The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 395766

I love that. I love it/them
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie   The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 3:10 pm

pigeonwriter wrote:

That is priceless, Petra. The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 983488

Way To Go Paulchen!! Universal hug

Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie   The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 6:29 pm

Paulchen sounds like quite a guy Pigeon angel He flies around with her and protects her and then brings her home safe and sound.......what a guy # 1

I'm so happy that Pina is doing so well Thrilled Celebrate Happy Dance

Louise
The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 789920
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie   The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 9:33 pm

What a gentleman! cheers
Thanks for the update, Petra, I love hearing good news about your pigeons! Great job I love it/them
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie   The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 4:52 am

Beautiful updates Petra cheers Loved reading about both Pina and Winnie. How sweet of both of them to come back to you whenever they are hungry and to take shelter at night The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 983488 The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 983488 The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 983488 This seems a perfect arrangement. They get their freedom and they are also safe. Bless their little pidgie hearts!

And Paulchen seems quite the guy The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 142829 I was amazed reading about how he waits for Pina to finish her lunch and then takes her out and drops her back in the evening The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 279675
What a sweetie I love it/them

Petra you are incredible! You really have given a life to all these beautiful angels. God bless you Universal hug
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie   The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 5:05 am

Just a tiny little update on Jimi and Winnie - both two of our PMV survivors:

Jimi - he comes every day for breakfast still. He is very well and eats every time with great appetite. What happened with Alice - his mate - I don't know. She does not come any more Very sad . I hope she is doing well. Jimi developed another tumor though under his wing, which seems to have fallen off again. Very strange. It did not seem to bother him at all.

The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 0913x010

The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 0913x011

The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 0913x012

When you see these pictures you would never believe that he was so sick as well and hospitalized for several months.

Winnie - she is also doing very well and has finally found a new mate: Charly. They are both soooooo in love and I am extremely happy for her after she had lost her former mate Willy twice Very sad Very sad . She was so unhappy. But now everything is different.

This is her during her moult a couple of weeks ago:

The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 0917x010

The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 0917x011

The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 0917x012

Charly is another story I will tell in a different thread. He is Pete's and Emma's last child.

Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie   The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 8:56 am

Appreciate the update, Petra.
I am so glad Jimi and Winnie are doing well. Universal hug
And knowing Winnie has found a new mate is wonderful. Circle of Love

Pigeon angel I also hope Alice is OK. Pigeon angel
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie   The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 11:14 am

Petra they are so beautiful! You should be very proud of yourself, being able to help them regain their health & freedom. I love it/them
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie   The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 11:38 am

Thank you Cindy and Robin. They did it! I only helped. I think if a pigeon does not want to become healthy again and gives him/herself up we as humans cannot do anything about it. I firmly believe this. It is just the same as with humans.

Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie   The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 4:08 pm

Petra.............The pictures are all great The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 395766

I'm so happy to hear that all your little rescues are doing so well Thrilled Happy Dance Thrilled

It's just amazing how resiliant these pijjies really are.

Louise
The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 789920
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie   The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 9:09 pm

Thanks for the update, Petra, they look great! Happy Dance Thrilled
They've come a long way after being so ill! Maybe you're right saying that if a pigeon really wants to fight to survive, he wil do it, but don't underestimate the part where your love and care gives them both a reason and a major help to fight on! The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 395766

It's just so heartwarming to hear stories with happy endings! Tickled Pink Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie   The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The PMV Thread with Pina, Willy, Jimi and Winnie
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12