Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Les trois mousquetaires

Go down 
+5
priya
pigeonwriter
AZWhitefeather
Matilda
plamenh
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Les trois mousquetaires - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Les trois mousquetaires   Les trois mousquetaires - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 12:13 am

plamenh wrote:
So, Atos, Portos, and d’Artagnan are doing great. Daily they receive one tablet for immune system boosting and their 2x20 ml formula mix. They all show interest in seeds and peck some, but I want them strong and healthy when moult starts.
Every day they have their free flying time together in the loft. They take opportunity to trash the loft and turn everything upside down. Like a gang of young hooligans they are. All dishes incidentally left unattended get overturned, Senegals get bullied through the bars of the cage (dove do not stress to much, they just move deeper in their sanctuary.
Older birds has to be irritated, trio spits on them, swears and insults their hens until grownups chase them away. Even I am not spared their brutality. They use my head as trampoline to get from one side of the loft to the other. When I finally get hold of them to place them back in their cages, they look at me with their big innocent eyes and say - That was fun, can we do it again, please? Then I remember why my neighbors were visiting my grand parents so often and my name mentioned so often in their conversations when I was kid too.
Aramis, he is fine, but deserves separate post.

OK...do tell.
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Les trois mousquetaires   Les trois mousquetaires - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 12:35 am

Aramis – after last visit to the Vet he was on Flagyl and Synulox twice a day. He stopped eating and his weight started going down. Swelling on the right eye would not subside, it was worse and half of the eye was closed again.
Being 10 days on Doxycycline and Terracortril, and switched to Flagyl and Synulox made me seriously worried.
So I stopped medication and started syringe feeding with formula and honey.
On the swelling, three times a day I used pure undiluted tea tree oil.
I take q-tip, drop Tea tree oil on it, swab swelling carefully to cower whole area and not to get any of it in the eye. Swelling is literally cowering eyelid and I’m making sure nothing goes on that part, as it is very sensitive. Two days of Tea tree oil use and swelling was on half the size. Today is 4-th day and the color of the skin is back to normal (it was yellowish, pus like before).
Aramis is still on formula and honey but his weight is going up, he is much more energetic and when he managed to escape from his basket one evening, in the morning I had nice firm heap of poop on my car roof (he is in the garage) and took me quite a chase until I managed to place him back.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Les trois mousquetaires   Les trois mousquetaires - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 1:36 am

What a rollercoaster ride you had with Aramis! I'm glad he's getting better, it makes such a difference that he found someone who knows as much as you do about pigeons and how to medicate them! Pigeon angel

On the light side, your updates on the other three are so, so funny! And plausible, too -- maybe that's what makes them so funny!
On one of the last photos, Atos looks like he's getting ready to use his tail as a sword!! Shock
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Les trois mousquetaires   Les trois mousquetaires - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 8:18 am

Your updates are truly entertaining, Plamenh. I so enjoy them. Les trois mousquetaires - Page 3 570843

Thanks for the addition information about Aramis, as well.
I hope his eye issue continues to improve.

A Pigeon's Prayer
Please watch over us while we fly,
Keeping us safe from the predators that share the sky.

If we become ill or injured in any way,
Please lead us to safety where we are welcome to stay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Les trois mousquetaires   Les trois mousquetaires - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 8:36 am

Plamen.........I always enjoy your updates on the Musketeers.......brings a huge smile to my face. Ha!Ha!Ha!

Glad to hear that the three hooligans are doing so well and that Aramis is showing continued improvment. YESS!!

Louise
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Les trois mousquetaires   Les trois mousquetaires - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 12:47 am

Aramis - the stitches are off. Yesterday doctor was very pleased the right eye progress. When I told him that combination of Synulox and Flagyl was not working and I used Tea tree oil externally he asked me – “How did you know what to use?”… (No comment)
Vet was bit concerned that Aramis is on formula and we agreed to get him back next week if he didn’t start eating alone.
Well, the moment we came back home, he emptied two bowls of seed and pellets just to convince me that he doesn’t need Vets anymore.
This morning he eats alone, poop is bit soft still but I’ll get him ACV.
For some time, I’ll keep him on Arnica and TT oil as there is no pus anymore, but tissue is still swollen.
Best news is that he can go to the loft and join other pigeons. I have a new task though, to make several cages today.
Smile
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Les trois mousquetaires   Les trois mousquetaires - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 12:52 am

plamenh wrote:
Aramis - the stitches are off. Yesterday doctor was very pleased the right eye progress. When I told him that combination of Synulox and Flagyl was not working and I used Tea tree oil externally he asked me – “How did you know what to use?”… (No comment)
Vet was bit concerned that Aramis is on formula and we agreed to get him back next week if he didn’t start eating alone.
Well, the moment we came back home, he emptied two bowls of seed and pellets just to convince me that he doesn’t need Vets anymore.
This morning he eats alone, poop is bit soft still but I’ll get him ACV.
For some time, I’ll keep him on Arnica and TT oil as there is no pus anymore, but tissue is still swollen.
Best news is that he can go to the loft and join other pigeons. I have a new task though, to make several cages today.
Smile

Hooray for Aramis! Thrilled Hip Hip Hooray Happy Dance Celebrate Happy Dance
So glad to hear he's eating by himself! And of course we already knew you know more than most vets! That's too funny
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Les trois mousquetaires   Les trois mousquetaires - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 1:42 am

I do not know more than Vets, Teresa, they are professionals. I know that Vets are sponsored by big pharmaceutical companies and pet food producers. This is why I don't trust everything they suggest and question them all the time.

This is some of the reasons why I do that:
I paid $ 25 for Doxycicline, Sinulox and Flagyl. TT oil costs me $ 0.75. (And worked)
Vet suggested to feed Aramis only pellets, because they contain everything bird needs ???

When I asked him for something to treat fungal infection - "Mycostatin (Nystatin) works in 90% of cases." was the answer. And if you don't have that? - "Gentian Violet." I checked and it works in 90% of the cases according statistics and it is safe for human babies????

I understand that Vets also need to make their living. If he send you to buy honey from the supermarket to treat weak skinny bird instead selling you glucose tin where is his profit?
If they hang garlic, chamomile, rosemary, willow bark etc. in their clinics - most of the people won't go to them because this is perception more suitable for witch doctors.

Anyway I'm just trying to help my birds and if some treatment is safe and efficient, why not?
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Les trois mousquetaires   Les trois mousquetaires - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 9:49 pm

Aramis - these are the pictures after operation:

Les trois mousquetaires - Page 3 Image057

A week after operation, area was swollen and pus was acumulating under the skin. He was on Flagyl and Sinulox.

Les trois mousquetaires - Page 3 Image058

After treatment with Tea tree oil for a week, area is deflated and healthy, feathers are gone though.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Les trois mousquetaires   Les trois mousquetaires - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 10:13 pm

See what I mean? Wink I think your knowledge in these matters is awesome, and I'm sure Aramis agrees with me! Laughing

Thank you for the update, it's great to know that the swelling has completely disappeared and the skin is healthy. Great job
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Les trois mousquetaires   Les trois mousquetaires - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 11:48 pm

Aramis is looking great, Plamenh. Les trois mousquetaires - Page 3 142829
Thank you so much for the update and photos.

A Pigeon's Prayer

Last edited by Fancyfeathers on Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Les trois mousquetaires   Les trois mousquetaires - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 12:19 am

I can hardly believe it's the same bird...such an improvement. Any sign of feathers?
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Les trois mousquetaires   Les trois mousquetaires - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 9:17 am

There is no sign of feathers, but I'm still using TT oil and Arnica, so it will take some time to come right.
Back to top Go down
Joyfulsongtree
Guardian Angel
Joyfulsongtree

PostSubject: Re: Les trois mousquetaires   Les trois mousquetaires - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 11:44 am

Plamen, I am learning so much from your experience(s) and the way you share it/them.
Thanks

Has Aramis' eye swelling disappeared yet?

Best wishes,
Carol
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Les trois mousquetaires   Les trois mousquetaires - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 4:49 pm

Joyfulsongtree wrote:
Plamen, I am learning so much from your experience(s) and the way you share it/them.
Thanks

Has Aramis' eye swelling disappeared yet?

Best wishes,
Carol

Swelling is gone, there is a scar though and skin is wrinkled around the eye. Looks bad, but I'm not sending him to the beauty contest. Smile
As long as he is healthy it can look any way he likes.
Back to top Go down
Joyfulsongtree
Guardian Angel
Joyfulsongtree

PostSubject: Re: Les trois mousquetaires   Les trois mousquetaires - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 4:56 pm

Way To Go
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Les trois mousquetaires   Les trois mousquetaires - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 10:49 pm

I agree Way To Go

A Pigeon's Prayer

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Les trois mousquetaires   Les trois mousquetaires - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Les trois mousquetaires
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pigeon Angels :: Emergency Room :: Pigeon and Dove Illness and Injury Discussion forum-
Jump to: