Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts?

Go down 
+2
Matilda
capturedmemoriescs
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts?   Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 3:37 pm

Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts? - Page 3 100_0610

Here's a picture of my sweet Plum...Little is behind her, digging to China.
Plum is older now, really slowing down and has had some health issues this summer. I've enjoyed every day she has been here. She always makes me smile.
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts?   Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 3:40 pm

I think she is so pretty. I just love her feathers.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts?   Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 4:53 pm

Since she has retired from egg laying, she has develpoed huge spurs.
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts?   Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 4:54 pm

What is the average life expectancy of a chicken?
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts?   Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 5:49 pm

Mine seem to live between 8-12 years.
Back to top Go down
capturedmemoriescs

capturedmemoriescs

PostSubject: Re: Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts?   Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 7:33 pm

Yeah usually they live between 8-12 years but it really depends on the breeds!

It is very funny Matilda because I have barred rocks too LOL That's too funny In your little girl behind your barred rock is called a Silver Spangle Hamburg and I have 4 of them! OMG we have almost the same chickens and we cross countrey! LOL Thanks is so funny Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts? - Page 3 321758

Did you come to my fame when I was looking and mimiqued my chickens LOL Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts? - Page 3 321758
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts?   Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 8:01 pm

I also have a Brahma, Australorp and a Rhode Island Red. Laughing
Back to top Go down
capturedmemoriescs

capturedmemoriescs

PostSubject: Re: Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts?   Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 7:14 am

OMG Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts? - Page 3 279675

I have them too LOL That's too funny
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts?   Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 6:33 pm

It's wonderful that you're doing your very best to provide all your feathered friends with comfortable accommodation! And I'm really glad you managed to save lots of lovely chickens who now seem to be enjoying life at last. Great job Way To Go

And yes, Remo is spectacular! I love it/them It's hard to choose between breeds, but to me fantails are just very beautiful, and Remo is as beautiful as I've ever seen! I love the dark edging on his feathers, too.
Back to top Go down
capturedmemoriescs

capturedmemoriescs

PostSubject: Re: Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts?   Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 7:59 pm

Well Thank You circling Teresa your so very Kind! Fingers crossed

Remo is my baby. Star quality

He was my first ever pigeon that I got. I actually saved him from an action. A guy brought like 90% of all the rabbits, hamsters, pigeons, etc. just to make dog food out of them! Now I wish I could of saved all the animals but I couldn't and plus he wouldn't sell me all of them lol! So I brought Remo and a couple of more fantail pigeons from him as well as a rabbit and 10 Chickens from him! I look at it this way I really wish I could of saved all of them but at less I manage to save some! I can't believe that someone would want to kill Remo, not only because he is so pretty, but he is the sweeties little guy i had ever had. He loves to sit on my shoulder to watch TV with me. He sits on top of my computer monitor while I do paper work. He wont go anywheres with out me!
Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts? - Page 3 23878

But after everything that Remo's been though he still trust me! I love him to death Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts? - Page 3 789920
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts?   Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 8:25 pm

Wow, looks and a sweet temperament! Remo definitely is very special! Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts? - Page 3 983488

You know, I buy dog food for my dog, and after what you said I was horrified thinking what may be in it. Very sad You don't know what brand of dog food was involved, do you?
Well done on saving some of them! I know we'll never be able to help every animal and must content ourselves with one life saved at a time, or just a few. But each one counts!
Back to top Go down
capturedmemoriescs

capturedmemoriescs

PostSubject: Re: Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts?   Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 8:53 pm

Yes Teresa Your right and that is what I say to everyone. Saving One Life at a time! We also rescue Farm animals too. I got a really big farm here in NY (Goats, Horses, Cows, Chickens, etc.).

I just wish that people didnt look at birds or any animals as just items, and start looking at them as people too! Birds and other animals have feelings too, so treat them like they do!

And no I dont know what dog food it was! Sorry Sorry
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts?   Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 9:05 pm

capturedmemoriescs wrote:
Yes Teresa Your right and that is what I say to everyone. Saving One Life at a time! We also rescue Farm animals too. I got a really big farm here in NY (Goats, Horses, Cows, Chickens, etc.).

I just wish that people didnt look at birds or any animals as just items, and start looking at them as people too! Birds and other animals have feelings too, so treat them like they do!

I couldn't agree more! Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts? - Page 3 116281 Great job I agree
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts?   Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 9:15 pm

I think you will appreciate this link.

http://www.all-creatures.org/articles/ar-feeling.html

Does your family have a farm rescue?
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts?   Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 10:39 pm

I agree with you tenfold. Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts? - Page 3 142829
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts?   Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 10:42 pm

Good link Charis. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
capturedmemoriescs

capturedmemoriescs

PostSubject: Re: Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts?   Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 8:36 am

Yes Charis good link i loved it! Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts? - Page 3 983488

To comment on if my family has a rescue the answer is NO! Most of my family HATES animals including birds. Dont ask me why I been trying to figure that out a long time ago and I gave up! All my family lives 300 miles from me and I use to say when I was a kid that I promised god that I would help every single animal that is in need if I can and now I am a Vet Tech and now I can give animals the treatment they deserve! Plus a great loving home!

I have a horse on my farm that I saved from nere death. The horse's owner though she was dead so she was going to bury it, but I got there in time because she called me to come out to look at the horse and when I did she gave me that look like PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!! So I took her back to my farm and gave her the treatment that she deserves and now she as heathly as a horse should be, and she just runs around in the feilds with my other horses just loveing being alive. And ever since I saved her I named her shadow because she is like my shadow. Anywhere I go in the feild she follows me!

See I have 3,000 acres and and most of my farms is filled with unwanted animals that people didnt want, so I took them in and gave them the home they deserve! And now all of them are healthy, loved, and care for!
Back to top Go down
capturedmemoriescs

capturedmemoriescs

PostSubject: Re: Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts?   Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 8:46 am

These are pictures of Shadow......

Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts? - Page 3 Sep14_10

Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts? - Page 3 Sep14_11
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts?   Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 11:18 am

Yes Charis good link i loved it! Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts? - Page 3 983488

I use to say when I was a kid that I promised god that I would help every single animal that is in need

I made a similar promise when I was 4. Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts? - Page 3 983488

Shadow is beautiful. What was wrong with her?
Back to top Go down
capturedmemoriescs

capturedmemoriescs

PostSubject: Re: Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts?   Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 11:22 am

There is nothing wrong with her now.

But the only reason that she was near death is because she had warms really bad, and the owner didnt feed her properly! So with having the warms she was starving to death. But now she is heathly with no warms! Great job
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts?   Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 11:29 am

Worms certainly can make any host they infect very ill. I had a neighbor that raised an orphaned goat. When the goat got sick with worms, her husband shot the goat rather than spend the $30. for a wormer from the feed store. I just can't understand why some people can be so dense... that was so unnecessary.
Back to top Go down
capturedmemoriescs

capturedmemoriescs

PostSubject: Re: Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts?   Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 11:34 am

Yes that was Very sad

Plus any feed store sells dewormer for any animal big or small! I look at it this way! ALL my animals and birds come before I do! They eat before I do, they drink before i do, and even if I am severly ill I still make sure my animals are ok!

Like yesterday it was raining really really bad and thunderstorming. I heard my 6 week old goats in the barn crying, so I went out there to my barn to sit with them and they stoped crying right away because they had someone there to make sure they were ok!
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts?   Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 11:40 am

Do you work at a large animal clinic?
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts?   Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 3:24 pm

YOU rock LOTS, John!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
capturedmemoriescs

capturedmemoriescs

PostSubject: Re: Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts?   Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 7:12 pm

No i dont. I have my own practice!!

I work for myself!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts?   Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why aint my pigeon, doves, and pheasents not going in there Huts?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next