Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

wing sitting and dizziness?

Go down 
+4
Jackie\'s Mom
AZWhitefeather
Matilda
Mrs.AviatorRodent
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mrs.AviatorRodent
Special Pigeon Angel
Mrs.AviatorRodent

wing sitting and dizziness? Empty
PostSubject: wing sitting and dizziness?   wing sitting and dizziness? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 1:31 pm

Hiya, last night two thoughts/questions came to mind and I thought I'd put them to you for your opinions:

1. Why do some pigeons like to rest on their wings? - I see some pigeons sitting on the ground on one of their wings - all comfy and having a snooze - but why do they like to sit on their wings? I'm intruiged.

2. Do you think pigeons get dizzy when they spin about when they coo and dance? ... I watched Georgie, my little girl, spin around about 7 times in a row and I'm sure she must get a bit dizzy.

Any thoughts on the above? Thank you! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonsaspets.co.uk
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: wing sitting and dizziness?   wing sitting and dizziness? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 1:55 pm

The wing thing seems to be a relaxation pose. I notice my birds doing that after they bathe.

As for dizzy...I don't know, but one would think it would make a bird dizzy to spin 7 times in a row.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: wing sitting and dizziness?   wing sitting and dizziness? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 9:45 pm

Lying on the wing must be a comfort thing as my backyard ferals are always lying about like that. Smile

Does Georgie circle in the same direction, Revati? Like always turning to the right or the left?

Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: wing sitting and dizziness?   wing sitting and dizziness? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 9:49 pm

My indoor birds don't sit like that, but the ferals in the backyard do it all the time, especially after bathing. wing sitting and dizziness? 395766

Louise
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: wing sitting and dizziness?   wing sitting and dizziness? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 6:56 am

Jackie's Mom wrote:
My indoor birds don't sit like that, but the ferals in the backyard do it all the time, especially after bathing. wing sitting and dizziness? 395766

Louise

It seems like that's their favorite position after bathing. Happy
Back to top Go down
Mrs.AviatorRodent
Special Pigeon Angel
Mrs.AviatorRodent

PostSubject: Re: wing sitting and dizziness?   wing sitting and dizziness? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 12:54 pm

AZWhitefeather wrote:
Lying on the wing must be a comfort thing as my backyard ferals are always lying about like that. Smile

Does Georgie circle in the same direction, Revati? Like always turning to the right or the left?
Yeah, I see ferals lying like that when they're relaxing but I just can't understand how it is comfortable in that position. It just seems very funny. But it is so sweet to see them like that - they look so adorable on their wings! Smile

I haven't noticed if Georgie spins only in one direction but she will change direction sometimes when she's in the middle of her coo and spin. She usually does this when she's excited to 'see' me (she's semi-blind). I love it and will try to capture it on video. Smile
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: wing sitting and dizziness?   wing sitting and dizziness? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 2:49 pm

Many of our pigeons like to sit or lay on their wings. I've always thought that it is much like us laying on our sides.
When I see a pij lay like that I know it is comfortable around us. wing sitting and dizziness? 395766

As for the spinning part I haven't a clue Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: wing sitting and dizziness?   wing sitting and dizziness? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 2:11 pm

Mrs.AviatorRodent wrote:
AZWhitefeather wrote:

Yeah, I see ferals lying like that when they're relaxing but I just can't understand how it is comfortable in that position. It just seems very funny. But it is so sweet to see them like that - they look so adorable on their wings! Smile

I haven't noticed if Georgie spins only in one direction but she will change direction sometimes when she's in the middle of her coo and spin. She usually does this when she's excited to 'see' me (she's semi-blind). I love it and will try to capture it on video. Smile

If she changes direction she may not get dizzy. But if she continually circles in one direction she might.

I know if I'm doing something where I' going back and forth and always turn to either the right or left I will get dizzy. If I change directions (turn to my right going in one direction and then turn to my left going back) I don't get dizzy.

If you've ever noticed fenced in animals pacing, they will pace then turn to their right, pace the other way and then turn to their left. I think that keeps them from getting dizzy. nutter
Back to top Go down
Tech
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: wing sitting and dizziness?   wing sitting and dizziness? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 4:42 pm

Here's to share after Piggy took a bath. Sitting on her left wing...

wing sitting and dizziness? Wing_s11
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: wing sitting and dizziness?   wing sitting and dizziness? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 5:52 pm

Sure looks relaxed and cozy. Smile
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: wing sitting and dizziness?   wing sitting and dizziness? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 6:55 pm

Lovely pictures of Piggy, Tech! I love it/them I love it/them I love her expression on the second one, like she's saying, 'What? What! I'm quite comfy like this, alright?' Laughing
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: wing sitting and dizziness?   wing sitting and dizziness? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 8:10 pm

Those are adorable pictures, Tech. wing sitting and dizziness? 142829

I know it is comfortable for them to lie like that or they wouldn't do it, but it sure doesn't look comfortable. wing sitting and dizziness? 559177

Back to top Go down
Tech
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: wing sitting and dizziness?   wing sitting and dizziness? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 10:58 am

Thanks all. Piggy is the wild one, she does not want to be touched. But when I ignore her, that's when she hangs out by my side, sometimes in my back head or even on my lap when I watch TV. That's why I love Sunday afternoon when I can watch and sit TV for a long time and there's a pigeon by my side. She's not even bothered even if I move as long as I don't give her the attention. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: wing sitting and dizziness?   wing sitting and dizziness? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 11:12 am

Have you ever heard her purr?
Back to top Go down
Tech
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: wing sitting and dizziness?   wing sitting and dizziness? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 11:45 am

Hi Charis, No. I have not heard her purr yet. I am looking (or listening) forward to that. But she really would always have a good nap as long as I ignore her. She would just open her eye when she hears me moving but would not get scared at all. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mrs.AviatorRodent
Special Pigeon Angel
Mrs.AviatorRodent

PostSubject: Re: wing sitting and dizziness?   wing sitting and dizziness? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 11:13 am

Tech wrote:
Here's to share after Piggy took a bath. Sitting on her left wing...

wing sitting and dizziness? Wing_s11
That's too funny So sweet!!! She looks so serene and relaxed! Happy
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: wing sitting and dizziness?   wing sitting and dizziness? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 4:30 am

Oh yes - all ferals do that and they also get dizzy I have seen when they are spinning too much - they simply start to stumble...

here are some photos of ours - the first one being 4!!!pijjies in a trivet

wing sitting and dizziness? 0516pi10

wing sitting and dizziness? 0516pi11

wing sitting and dizziness? 0523pi10

wing sitting and dizziness? 1215de10

wing sitting and dizziness? 1215de11

So I guess - they just find it comfortable and cosy!

Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: wing sitting and dizziness?   wing sitting and dizziness? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 7:11 am

Great photos, Petra. wing sitting and dizziness? 142829
They do like to pack themselves in the bath, don't they? wing sitting and dizziness? 46723

I have two bath tubs I use and sometimes three of them are bathing in one tub while the other tub sits empty. Oh brother Silly birds!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wing sitting and dizziness?   wing sitting and dizziness? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wing sitting and dizziness?
Page 1 of 1