Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
capturedmemoriescs

capturedmemoriescs

OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? Empty
PostSubject: OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!?   OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 2:34 pm

You remember in my last topic when One of my pigeons had a tumor? OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? 106767

Well... The tumor has not falling off yet, when will it?

You Know that pigeons Head's are very smooth right? because they have feathers that you can't tell that overlap. It just looks like that is the color of there head. Well the pigeon that has the tumor is now missing feather on her head it looks like!!!! Her head isn't smooth like the rest of them. Also I did notice that my other pigeons chase her around the flight cage sometimes, and when my other pigeons go near her she shakes! Is that normal? Are they fighting with her? What should I do? OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? 106767
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!?   OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 4:12 pm

I think the best thing to do is to bring the pigeon inside your house and put him/her in a cage where you are able to closely monitor the bird....how much the bird is eating and pooping. Have you checked inside the mouth for any yellow spots?
More pictures would be helpful of the bird as well as pictures of the area affected.
Back to top Go down
capturedmemoriescs

capturedmemoriescs

PostSubject: Re: OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!?   OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 5:55 pm

No I didnt check inside the birds mouth but I will!

And as soon as I get a chance I will post pictures!
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!?   OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 7:00 pm

I read in another post that sometimes the first indication of a tumor forming is a clump of feathers that look out of place, so there is the danger that she may have more tumors on her, or appearing now.
It is also the time of year for the to replace most of their feathers, and three of mine have very untidy heads at the moment, as the old feathers have fallen out and the new ones are still growing.
Either way, I totally agree with Charis' recommendations. If you take her indoors you'l be able to check and monitor her better, and I hope she gets well soon.

Shaking usually means either excitement or nervousness. Some birds are just more nervous than others, but we can't rule out the possibility that she's being bullied -- sickly birds usually are.
Back to top Go down
capturedmemoriescs

capturedmemoriescs

PostSubject: Re: OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!?   OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 8:39 pm

Ok well I brong her inside and put her in a seprater cage! And I will cant a close eye on her! I also will be uploading more pictures of her as soon as i get a chance!

Thanks everyone
Back to top Go down
capturedmemoriescs

capturedmemoriescs

PostSubject: Re: OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!?   OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 8:01 am

Ok now I have the pictures everyone! Sorry I been so busy with the rescue that I didnt get to it tell now! Here you go.....

Tumor NOW.....
OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? Oct05_10

Now the Head shots! See her head isn't as smooth as the other ones...
OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? Oct05_11
OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? Oct05_12

What should I do? OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? 106767
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!?   OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 8:54 am

It looks like the bird is molting so until the new feathers come in, her head won't look smooth.
Back to top Go down
capturedmemoriescs

capturedmemoriescs

PostSubject: Re: OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!?   OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 10:10 am

Ok thanks you.

But what should I do about the tumor? It hasnt fallen off yet! and also what should I do about the other pigeons chasing her around the flight cage? OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? 106767
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!?   OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 10:16 am

If the other birds are chasing her, remove her and bring her inside where you can observe her and keep her warm. If it is indeed a temporary tumor, which is difficult to tell you for sure from a picture,it could take a few weeks for it to dry up and fall off. In the meantime, if the tumor should get nicked, it could bleed so it is all for the best to keep her away from the others.
Also, they could be chasing her because she is the only female and each is trying to win her as his own.
Back to top Go down
capturedmemoriescs

capturedmemoriescs

PostSubject: Re: OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!?   OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 10:46 am

oh ok! Well I broung her in last night and I have a regular light on top of her to keep her warm!
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!?   OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 6:41 pm

capturedmemoriescs wrote:
oh ok! Well I broung her in last night and I have a regular light on top of her to keep her warm!

Great job Great decision!

Her head looks okay, apart from the fact that many of her feathers are not full grown, but if you're worried you could feel her head gently, to see if there are any growths. Must be gentle, as growing feathers are sore.

Wanna see how untidy pigeons can look when they're moulting? Look at this:

OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? DSCNB4069-cr550 Laughing
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!?   OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 8:03 pm

Oh my goodness!!
Is that one of your guys, Teresa?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Tech
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!?   OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 12:06 pm

Teresa, do you have a scarepigeon in your house? OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? 321758 OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? 321758 OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? 321758 OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? 914356 OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? 914356 OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? 914356

Of course, I'm just kidding. He's still an angel. OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? 46723 OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? 46723
Back to top Go down
capturedmemoriescs

capturedmemoriescs

PostSubject: Re: OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!?   OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 9:31 am

LOL WOW! Yeah My girl downt look like that but she is deffinitly just molting! Oh and another thing! about the tumor. I monitor her alot and I notice that the tumor didnt fall off yet but seems to be getting smaller! OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? 106767
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!?   OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 10:27 am

I don't know what to say about that. Maybe it is something different than a temporary tumor. Honestly....I can't tell from the pictures you have posted.
Back to top Go down
capturedmemoriescs

capturedmemoriescs

PostSubject: Re: OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!?   OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 9:12 pm

I honestly dont know either because it is like it is getting smaller! Like right now it is alot smaller then before! I guess I will just monitor her closely untill it disapears then I'll put her back with the others!
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!?   OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 9:22 pm

AZWhitefeather wrote:
Oh my goodness!!
Is that one of your guys, Teresa?

That was my sweet Velvet. At the moment George and Abby are no oil paintings, but not as bad as this! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!?   OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 9:23 pm

I honestly dont know either because it is like it is getting smaller! Like right now it is alot smaller then before! I guess I will just monitor her closely untill it disapears then I'll put her back with the others!

Fingers crossed! Fingers crossed Please keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
capturedmemoriescs

capturedmemoriescs

PostSubject: Re: OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!?   OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 7:55 am

I sure well Great job

It's like a mericel OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? 116281 She is getting better by the day! God Bless Her Star quality
Back to top Go down
capturedmemoriescs

capturedmemoriescs

PostSubject: Re: OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!?   OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 7:34 pm

Great News everybody! My pijin is doing great! She is no longer sick and the tumor is GONE!!! # 1

I am so happy! I released her in the flight cage with everyone else! Thrilled
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!?   OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 7:35 pm

That's good news. Happy
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!?   OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 8:58 pm

I'm so glad to hear all is going well. YESS!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!?   OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:24 pm

Great News everybody! My pijin is doing great! She is no longer sick and the tumor is GONE!!! # 1

I am so happy! I released her in the flight cage with everyone else! Thrilled

OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? AaaOld20Lady20Yippee
Back to top Go down
capturedmemoriescs

capturedmemoriescs

PostSubject: Re: OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!?   OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 3:05 pm

lol That's too funny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!?   OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OK now I it is getting wierd!?!?!?
Page 1 of 1