Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Chubby Checker has joined little Wennity

Go down 
+2
Matilda
Cynthia
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Cynthia

Cynthia

Chubby Checker has joined little Wennity Empty
PostSubject: Chubby Checker has joined little Wennity   Chubby Checker has joined little Wennity Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 12:21 pm

Chubby Checker has joined little Wennity 2459586330044786621S425x425Q85

Today I found Chubby Checker lying in a nesting box with his remaining wife Wingo standing over him. He had crossed Rainbow Bridge, most probably as he was cooing under Wingo's breast.

Chubby was a disabled 1999 racing pigeon and came to us from Helen in 2003 with his first wife, Speckie, who crossed the bridge a couple of years ago. He was popular with the hens and his wives got on well together.

Just as Wingo sighed "He's gone", Wennity and Speckie welcomed him with a joyful cry, "He's here!"

Chubby will have an individual cremation and his ashes will be scattered in the garden...fly free, dearest Chubby.

Last edited by Cynthia on Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeon-aid.pigeon.net/
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Chubby Checker has joined little Wennity   Chubby Checker has joined little Wennity Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 1:46 pm

Oh Cynthia...I'm so sorry.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Chubby Checker has joined little Wennity   Chubby Checker has joined little Wennity Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 3:02 pm

I am so, so, very sorry, Cynthia. Very sad

pigeon 1 pigeon 1 Fly free sweet Chubby Checker, fly free. pigeon 1 pigeon 1

Cindy
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Cynthia

Cynthia

PostSubject: Re: Chubby Checker has joined little Wennity   Chubby Checker has joined little Wennity Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 3:15 pm

Thank you both. I am still crying. I didn't realise that I loved him so much or that losing him would hurt so much.

Cynthia
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Chubby Checker has joined little Wennity   Chubby Checker has joined little Wennity Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 3:31 pm

I'm crying with you, Cynthia.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Chubby Checker has joined little Wennity   Chubby Checker has joined little Wennity Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 3:58 pm

Cynthia wrote:
Thank you both. I am still crying. I didn't realise that I loved him so much or that losing him would hurt so much.

Cynthia
That's exactly how I felt with Pij.
I wish I were thereto give you a hug.
But since I'm not, here's a great BIG Group hug from all of us.

Cindy
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
spdevanand
Special Pigeon Angel
spdevanand

PostSubject: Re: Chubby Checker has joined little Wennity   Chubby Checker has joined little Wennity Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 6:26 am

Very sad I can understand what you are going through...we are there with you Cynthia Group hug and Chubby Checker will be very happy to meet his former GFs. I am sure they all will be blissful and happy, away from this cold and cruel world.
Back to top Go down
Cynthia

Cynthia

PostSubject: Re: Chubby Checker has joined little Wennity   Chubby Checker has joined little Wennity Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 5:37 pm

I was worried about Chubby's widow, Wingo. She and Chubby's other wives always got on very well, Wingo was never alone, so I didn't know how she would cope without Chubby.

Then, very shortly after Chubby died I looked in the shed and another pigeon was preening Wingo. I was so shocked, I ran into the shed and grabbed the other pigeon to identify it...it was another hen, Baby. She and her mate Toffee had nested very close to Chubby and Wingo and both pairs seemed to tolerate each other. Now Baby and Wingo share egg sitting duties and preen each other tenderly. Toffee also seems to have accepted Wingo into the family. Seeing Wingo and Baby together is a sight guaranteed to bring tears of joy to your eyes.
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Chubby Checker has joined little Wennity   Chubby Checker has joined little Wennity Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 5:11 am

Cynthia,
this is another amazing story and to be honest to me all these different behaviours seem to be so humanlike. Who could ever say that's stupid interpretaton of crazy animal lovers? Deep in my heart this only confirms that pigeons are very special. I wonder what we will find out else about them.

I feel with you - I am very sad about this loss of a family member. Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Chubby Checker has joined little Wennity   Chubby Checker has joined little Wennity Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 9:21 am

That is so sweet...I'm happy she has some comfort.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Chubby Checker has joined little Wennity   Chubby Checker has joined little Wennity Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:47 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that Chubby has crossed the Rainbow Bridge, although it's a comfort to know he had a long and happy life, and passed away peacefully.
It's so sweet that Baby and Toffee have included Wingo in their family, pigeons never cease to surprise us! That must have cheered Chubby up, as he was such a sociable fellow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chubby Checker has joined little Wennity   Chubby Checker has joined little Wennity Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chubby Checker has joined little Wennity
Page 1 of 1