Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?

Go down 
+14
plamenh
rattyfied
EgypSwiftLady
wolfwood
Squid
Tech
Effa
Jenaka
AZJourney
Teresa
NiteOwl
AZWhitefeather
Matilda
Birdbarn
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 9:51 am

Really Joe...your loft is nothing short of a Work of Art.
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 9:57 am

The Birdbarn is just amazing Joe.................the birds all look so happy.

I'll say it again................"A piece of Pigeon Heaven on Earth"
Back to top Go down
rattyfied
Special Pigeon Angel
rattyfied

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 10:52 am

wow!!! everytime i see your photos i sit here looking stupid with my mouth open for several minutes

Birdbarn? that is so modest...more like Birdpalace

absolutely stunning Way To Go
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rattyfied/sets/
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 7:39 am

Thank You circling all for your generous comments. They are very much appreciated.

Tickled Pink Now with the recent eight rescues settling into the Birdbarn, I'm going to complete the wall boxes by adding the last two units. Fifteen on each side.

I was fortunate to find a local cabin maker to build my nest boxes. He uses quality wood and does a superb job. His prices are reasonable.

Another project is to find a larger removable tarp to cover part of the fly pen during rain. I'm currently using a smaller tarp but want more coverage. The tarp has to be removable in case of snow. 🆒 Someone suggested the army surplus store down in the valley. I plan on checking that out. nutter
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 8:40 am

Have you thought of permanently roofing part of the fly pen...such as the center part and add a skylight to the permanent part?
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 8:41 am

Once you get your addition done, you'll have to post some pictures. My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_cheers

The army surplus store is probably a good place to check out waterproof tarps.
Keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 11:41 am

:WHAT?: OMgosh... :WHAT?: ....OMgosh...... :WHAT?: .......OMgosh :WHAT?: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is INSANE! I wana move IN Jumpin for joy !!!!! What's rent Question Need a neighbor Question When we come to Nevada sometime..Do you allow visitors Sorry ! I LOVE it!!!!!!

and; Thank You Thank You circling Cindy for posting the blog! I'll be checkin' in for updates ...and have shared it on my FaceBook page!

To live there and be surrounded by the peacefullness of earth all around you must be a truly amazing feeling. To breathe in the fresh air and see the views that mother nature replenishes daily for you all.... how amazing is that! THAT is my dream someday. # 1
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 11:46 am

Jenn...are you talking about Shadowwood? It's in Northern California. We all want to move there. My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 3 259792 It's gonna get full. My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 11:53 am

Matilda wrote:
Jenn...are you talking about Shadowwood? It's in Northern California. We all want to move there. My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 3 259792 It's gonna get full. My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_lol

Embarassed OOPS! Embarassed

See I was so busy drooling total loony over the pictures and blog I can't EVEN read straight!... :lol!:
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 12:01 pm

Believe me...I understand! My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 3 164371
Back to top Go down
Tech
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 1:44 pm

That's not a loft! That's a 5 star hotel! :eek:
Back to top Go down
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 6:43 am

Smile Tech, The birds get housekeeping and meals too and all for one price. Having to put up with me! Smile

I'm afraid to install something permanent because I want as much sun as possible inside the loft.

I'm currently using a decent size tarp that does not lay on the fly pen. It is suspended above the fly pen using a rope and pulley. Kinda hard to explain. Will take pictures.

I'm taking Chauncey to the groomer on Friday and will drive over to the army surplus store for a larger tarp. The weather folks are forecasting rain for many days next week.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 6:52 am

Birdbarn wrote:

* Tech, The birds get housekeeping and meals too and all for one price. Having to put up with me! Smile

I'm taking Chauncey to the groomer on Friday and will drive over to the army surplus store for a larger tarp.
** The weather folks are forecasting rain for many days next week.

* You know, I have a feeling that's a small price to have to pay. AND one the pijjies have no problem paying. My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_wink

** I just heard on the radio that we may have some rain on Monday. I can only hope. My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 3 7471 My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 3 7471
Back to top Go down
Tech
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 10:32 am

I'm taking Chauncey to the groomer on Friday and will drive over to the army surplus store for a larger tarp. The weather folks are forecasting rain for many days next week.

Oh my my, Groomer for Chauncey. What a life!
Back to top Go down
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 5:07 pm

Laughing Oh yes Tech, Chauncey is a 65lb. Border Collie that has extremely thick hair and is spoiled to death. He is going in for his holiday groom.

Chauncey was a rescue found running down Hwy. 20 four years ago. He was skinny, full of stickers and homeless. He was brought to my home sight unseen. He turned out to be a GREAT companion. I love him so much. He does not chase the rabbits or turkeys. And adores my three-legged cat L.B..

:For Shame: I know this is a bird site, but maybe I can sneak in a picture.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 5:17 pm

Birdbarn wrote:
Laughing Oh yes Tech, Chauncey is a 65lb. Border Collie that has extremely thick hair and is spoiled to death. He is going in for his holiday groom.

Chauncey was a rescue found running down Hwy. 20 four years ago. He was skinny, full of stickers and homeless. He was brought to my home sight unseen. He turned out to be a GREAT companion. I love him so much. He does not chase the rabbits or turkeys. And adores my three-legged cat L.B..

Yes, please do! My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 5:28 pm

My four-legged love of my life, Chauncey.

My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 3 Img_0812
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 6:24 pm

I can see why he is the 4 legged love of your life. Chauncey is beautiful My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 3 458406
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 6:32 pm

Birdbarn wrote:

Chauncey is a beauty alright! Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 7:22 pm

Tell us his story....Please. My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 3 487209
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 8:35 pm

I love Chauncey. My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 3 334215 My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 3 334215
He reminds me of the dog my grandmother's had when I was a kid. Good ol' Bootsie.
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 8:55 pm

Fancyfeathers wrote:
Birdbarn wrote:

Yes, please do! My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

At first.. when I read it I thought it said you found him running down the road 20 years ago.... :eek: I was gonna ask what you feed him ROTFL

We haved a border Collie mix... they are wonderful companions...very loyal...he is beautiful and his look says it all...

heaven really does send us gifts!!!
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 8:58 pm

Thee is more to the story than you told us...I just know it. My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 3 458406
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 10:20 pm

Joe..........Chuancey is beautiful...........boarder collies are terrific dogs and ever so intelligent.

No that we've seen Chauncey how about a picture of the 3 legged cat?........Would love to see them all.

Louise
Back to top Go down
Tech
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 11:25 am

We demand Picture(s)/video Picture(s)/video Picture(s)/video Picture(s)/video Picture(s)/video
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next