Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

From Animal welfare League of India...Vitamin Table for Pigeons

Go down 
+2
AZWhitefeather
Matilda
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

From Animal welfare League of India...Vitamin Table for Pigeons Empty
PostSubject: From Animal welfare League of India...Vitamin Table for Pigeons   From Animal welfare League of India...Vitamin Table for Pigeons Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 6:13 pm

Vitamin Function/ Essential forContained in
AGrowth in young ones Green peas, yellow maize, carrots, green vegetables and cod-liver oil.
BPromotes good appetite,healthy nervous and digestive system, helps build up the skeleton.Wheat, green peas,and paddy, carrot and kale.
B2Essential for the metabolism of the proteins, carbohydrates and fats and adequate functioning of the nervous system and the development of the embryo.Cereals and legumes.
B6Regulates metabolism in the nerves and liver. Important for growth.All kinds of grains,yeast and bran.
B10Prevents anaemia and deficiencies like leg cramps.Grains, yeast and green feeds.
B12Essential for the formation of red blood cells and for growth in the first few weeks of the pigeon's life.Necessary for the good development of eggs.It is of animal origin and not found in normal pigeon food. It is contained in chick rearing food and in black earth.
CWorks in close relationship with Vitamin A.Made in the pigeon's own body
DBuilding the skeleton violet rays of theIt is produced in the body from ultra-sun. Barley, coating of cod liver oil on seeds.
EFertility in both male and female pigeon.Cereal grains,legumes wheat and maize and green peas.
KRegulation of blood clottingGreens.
Common Mix of Food:
WinterSummer
Yellow corn 35% 20%
Peas20% 20%
Wheat30% 25%
Sorghum 15% 35%
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: From Animal welfare League of India...Vitamin Table for Pigeons   From Animal welfare League of India...Vitamin Table for Pigeons Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:41 pm

That list is pretty interesting. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: From Animal welfare League of India...Vitamin Table for Pigeons   From Animal welfare League of India...Vitamin Table for Pigeons Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 11:28 pm

I thought so too and a good thing to have handy.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: From Animal welfare League of India...Vitamin Table for Pigeons   From Animal welfare League of India...Vitamin Table for Pigeons Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 7:12 am

This is really good information!
I've often heard that birds have different dietary needs at different times of the year, but this list with the actual percentages and the role of each nutrient, is particularly useful.
Excellent find, Charis!

High 5 Thank You circling
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: From Animal welfare League of India...Vitamin Table for Pigeons   From Animal welfare League of India...Vitamin Table for Pigeons Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 8:02 am

good find :Yes: thanks Charis!
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: From Animal welfare League of India...Vitamin Table for Pigeons   From Animal welfare League of India...Vitamin Table for Pigeons Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 5:35 pm

Thank you Charis- very good list. From Animal welfare League of India...Vitamin Table for Pigeons 142829
Btw - I am regularly buying cod liver oil coated grit from my food supplier and the pijjies actually love this best.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
hk22045

hk22045

PostSubject: Re: From Animal welfare League of India...Vitamin Table for Pigeons   From Animal welfare League of India...Vitamin Table for Pigeons Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 7:57 pm

I am a real newbie at this, but i thought i read somewhere that you could feed them as a supplement some soft geen peas, either defrosted frozen or from a can of of baby green peas. Is this correct or not a good ides? Regards Fred S confused
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: From Animal welfare League of India...Vitamin Table for Pigeons   From Animal welfare League of India...Vitamin Table for Pigeons Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 8:04 pm

Fred...you can give them defrosted corn and peas but not canned. Some Pigeons enjoy minced carrots, sprouts,field greeens, spinach and even bananas. I give my Pigeon bits of whole grain bread too.
Most don't realized that avacado is toxic to birds.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: From Animal welfare League of India...Vitamin Table for Pigeons   From Animal welfare League of India...Vitamin Table for Pigeons Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 8:09 pm

Matilda wrote:
Fred...you can give them defrosted corn and peas but not canned. Some Pigeons enjoy minced carrots, sprouts,field greeens, spinach and even bananas. I give my Pigeon bits of whole grain bread too.
Most don't realized that avacado is toxic to birds.

I wish my guys would humor me a little and at least give some of those things a try.
But no way!! 🇳🇴
Back to top Go down
hk22045

hk22045

PostSubject: Re: From Animal welfare League of India...Vitamin Table for Pigeons   From Animal welfare League of India...Vitamin Table for Pigeons Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 11:57 pm

Great info, so much to learn, I really appreciate your time and wealth of info. Regards Fred Jumpin for joy
Back to top Go down
hk22045

hk22045

PostSubject: Re: From Animal welfare League of India...Vitamin Table for Pigeons   From Animal welfare League of India...Vitamin Table for Pigeons Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 12:30 am

Thought i would share my event with you all, you might remember i found a small pigeon on my street that would not fly so i built a coop for her to keep her safe. A week later my neighbor told me there was a pigeon in his bushes that was sick or hurt. From all you fine people i was made aware of this twisted head syndrome that i treated with amoxicillan. (never thought to seperate them) Within 2 weeks i had one egg. (she never did lay a second one) Now about 4 weeks later i have a chick. I will photo document it for the next 4 weeks. and in that time i will build a much larger flight cage attached to the coop. Love the wonder of it all. Thanks to all for your great suggestions and concern.[center][img][/img][img][/img]
Back to top Go down
hk22045

hk22045

PostSubject: Re: From Animal welfare League of India...Vitamin Table for Pigeons   From Animal welfare League of India...Vitamin Table for Pigeons Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 12:34 am

Tried to host a pic but cant yet figure out how any suggestions? Fred
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: From Animal welfare League of India...Vitamin Table for Pigeons   From Animal welfare League of India...Vitamin Table for Pigeons Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 7:38 am

hk22045 wrote:
Tried to host a pic but cant yet figure out how any suggestions? Fred

Here you go...

https://pij-n-angels.forumotion.net/chitter-chatter-f19/instructions-for-posting-pictures-t709.htm
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: From Animal welfare League of India...Vitamin Table for Pigeons   From Animal welfare League of India...Vitamin Table for Pigeons Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 7:45 am

Hi Fred, Hi there/Bye
If, after going over the 'photo posting' instructions, your attempt still doesn't work, please do contact either myself, Charis or Teresa and we will be happy to help you get your photos posted. Smile
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: From Animal welfare League of India...Vitamin Table for Pigeons   From Animal welfare League of India...Vitamin Table for Pigeons Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 7:40 am

Fred, et al,
Just a little heads up.
I moved your original post and subsequence posts about your pijjies to it's own thread in the Feral Pigeon and Dove forum. Smile From Animal welfare League of India...Vitamin Table for Pigeons 193770
I think it will be easier to follow your updates, of which we look forward to lots of them and of course pictures. :Yes:
Here's the direct link to the new thread: One New Baby Pigeon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From Animal welfare League of India...Vitamin Table for Pigeons   From Animal welfare League of India...Vitamin Table for Pigeons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

From Animal welfare League of India...Vitamin Table for Pigeons
Page 1 of 1