Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

New aggressive behavior??

Go down 
+3
Mrs.AviatorRodent
Matilda
Dezirrae
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dezirrae

Dezirrae

New aggressive behavior?? Empty
PostSubject: New aggressive behavior??   New aggressive behavior?? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 9:51 am

For those of you who don't know me I've had two rescues - Hope and Pidge for nearly 2 years now. Pidge (the white homer in my avatar) was rescued from a hawk attack and Hope was brought to me by a college student as a baby (she'd fallen out of her nest and needed to be handfed and taught to eat seeds, etc). The two have always been quite close and affectionate with each other - as you might guess from my avatar picture. Well last night Hope started getting very aggressive toward Pidge -- chasing her out of the nest, chasing her around the cage, wing slapping her, jumping on her back, etc. No blood was drawn (thank goodness!) but it was upsetting to see this new behavior to say the least. They had laid 3 of the 4 eggs that they do every month over the past two days... but they have always been very good about sharing the "duty" of egg sitting. After the third episode of chasing I took Hope and put her on our enclosed deck for about 45 minutes (kind of like a piji "time out"??). I also took the eggs out feeling that was part of the issue. I couldn't leave her out for too long since it was very cold and neither of them are acclimated to cold weather :( It seemed to help for the night... when I brought Hope up she didn't attack Pidge but they also didn't sleep together as they normally do. I think I heard them "going at it" again this morning - but I didn't see it so I'm not sure.

Any ideas on what could be causing this sudden aggression (aside from the "Wolf" full moon last night - LOL)? And any suggestions on what to do about it? Thanks in advance -- it's really baffling and upsetting :(
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: New aggressive behavior??   New aggressive behavior?? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 10:51 am

Sometimes mated opposite sex couple will do the same when cycle after cycle their eggs don't hatch. Perhaps Hope thinking Pidge is the reason no babies hatch.
Back to top Go down
Mrs.AviatorRodent
Special Pigeon Angel
Mrs.AviatorRodent

PostSubject: Re: New aggressive behavior??   New aggressive behavior?? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:11 pm

That is upsetting news, Dezirrae. I think Matilda is right, maybe Hope is starting to realise Pidge isn't satisfying her maternal needs. Poor girls! I hope it works out alright and Hope stops her aggression.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonsaspets.co.uk
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: New aggressive behavior??   New aggressive behavior?? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:27 pm

Now the way to keep eveyone happy is to introduce a couple of boys to the mix. New aggressive behavior?? 982130 I could probably help you with that. New aggressive behavior?? 982130 .. New aggressive behavior?? 982130
Back to top Go down
AviatorRodent
Special Pigeon Angel
AviatorRodent

PostSubject: Re: New aggressive behavior??   New aggressive behavior?? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:47 pm

Pigeon pimp

LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonsaspets.co.uk
Dezirrae

Dezirrae

PostSubject: Re: New aggressive behavior??   New aggressive behavior?? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 4:55 pm

Ha!Ha!Ha! I love that... "pigeon pimp"... heheheeee.... what a visual :lol!:

Well I must say they are totally back to normal since I removed the eggs the night that Hope started being aggressive. They've been happily bathing together the past few days and making all kinds of cooing racket -- sometimes to the chagrin on my hubby who's been working very long hours from home this week. But it's comforting to me... I love listening to them "talk" to each other. I'll have to see how the next round of eggs goes...

Personally - I think they may be getting a little bit of "cabin fever" from not being out on the enclosed deck much this winter :( They still get free fly time in the house - but not nearly as much as in the summer when they spend full days on the deck. It's just been way to cold here this year and they're not acclimated at all to those low temps.

I know Dave & I are getting a little "cabin crazy" so maybe birds do too.

Oh - and Charis you are absolutely one of the first people I would contact if I ever dreamed of getting a boy buddy for either of them... LOL. Ever since my experience with Kong (the Giant Runt that's living in the lap of luxury with Robin in WI now) I've just been in love in the larger breeds... so if the opportunity ever should present itself I would be looking for a Giant Runt or a King. But I don't see having that opportunity here any time soon. Just thankful for the two love buds I do have.
Thrilled
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: New aggressive behavior??   New aggressive behavior?? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 5:03 pm

I'm glad they are doing better. New aggressive behavior?? 458406
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: New aggressive behavior??   New aggressive behavior?? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 9:28 pm

Hi Dez, Hi there/Bye
Cabin fever could be a factor. New aggressive behavior?? 106767
I'm sure they'll settle down and get back to normal.

Keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: New aggressive behavior??   New aggressive behavior?? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 10:18 pm

AviatorRodent wrote:
Pigeon pimp

LOL

New aggressive behavior?? 321758 New aggressive behavior?? 321758 New aggressive behavior?? 321758 New aggressive behavior?? 321758 New aggressive behavior?? 321758 New aggressive behavior?? 321758 New aggressive behavior?? 321758 New aggressive behavior?? 321758 New aggressive behavior?? 321758 New aggressive behavior?? 321758

OMGosh, I read that and I litterally choked on my tea! THAT is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!

New aggressive behavior?? 321758 New aggressive behavior?? 321758 New aggressive behavior?? 321758 ROTFL ROTFL LOL LOL ROTFL ROTFL New aggressive behavior?? 321758 New aggressive behavior?? 321758 New aggressive behavior?? 321758
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: New aggressive behavior??   New aggressive behavior?? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 10:37 pm

That AviatorRodent is pretty funny, alright. New aggressive behavior?? 164371
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: New aggressive behavior??   New aggressive behavior?? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 10:17 pm

AZJourney wrote:
AviatorRodent wrote:
Pigeon pimp

LOL

New aggressive behavior?? 321758 New aggressive behavior?? 321758 New aggressive behavior?? 321758 New aggressive behavior?? 321758 New aggressive behavior?? 321758 New aggressive behavior?? 321758 New aggressive behavior?? 321758 New aggressive behavior?? 321758 New aggressive behavior?? 321758 New aggressive behavior?? 321758

OMGosh, I read that and I litterally choked on my tea! THAT is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!

New aggressive behavior?? 321758 New aggressive behavior?? 321758 New aggressive behavior?? 321758 ROTFL ROTFL LOL LOL ROTFL ROTFL New aggressive behavior?? 321758 New aggressive behavior?? 321758 New aggressive behavior?? 321758

Me too! Couldn't stop laughing! ROTFL

How are they getting along now, Desirrae?
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: New aggressive behavior??   New aggressive behavior?? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 10:36 pm

AviatorRodent wrote:
Pigeon pimp

LOL

I need a hat that says that. :Yes: ... Laughing
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: New aggressive behavior??   New aggressive behavior?? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 7:18 am

Matilda wrote:
AviatorRodent wrote:
Pigeon pimp

LOL

By all means. :Yes:
And when you get your engraved 'Pigeon Pimp' hat, you must share it with us by posting a picture. Picture(s)/video New aggressive behavior?? 321758
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: New aggressive behavior??   New aggressive behavior?? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 7:20 am

Fancyfeathers wrote:
Matilda wrote:
AviatorRodent wrote:
Pigeon pimp

LOL

By all means. :Yes:

And when you get your engraved 'Pigeon Pimp' hat, you must share it with us by posting a picture. Picture(s)/video New aggressive behavior?? 321758

Of course that's with you sporting the hat. Happy Dance
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New aggressive behavior??   New aggressive behavior?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New aggressive behavior??
Page 1 of 1