Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

The Alice and Winnie Story (part II)

Go down 
+4
Teresa
Matilda
AZWhitefeather
pigeonwriter
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

The Alice and Winnie Story (part II) Empty
PostSubject: The Alice and Winnie Story (part II)   The Alice and Winnie Story (part II) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 4:34 am

Sorry that I am opening a new thread regarding little Alice. I am really desperate now - the Salmonella-tabs I ordered from Pantex in Holland are out of stock. Is there anyone who could help me out quickly?

Last edited by pigeonwriter on Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: The Alice and Winnie Story (part II)   The Alice and Winnie Story (part II) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 7:37 am

pigeonwriter wrote:

* Sorry that I am opening a new thread regarding little Alice.

I am really desperate now - the Salmonella-tabs I ordered from Pantex in Holland are out of stock.
** Is there anyone who could help me out quickly?

* No problem, Petra. Smile

** Have you checked with Cynthia? Perhaps she would have what you need.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: The Alice and Winnie Story (part II)   The Alice and Winnie Story (part II) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 8:23 am

I emailed you Myriam's email address, in Belgium, and Teresa's phone number, Petra.

Do accept the medicine, Salmonella Tab when it's available. You may also ask them if they have a supplier in your area that still has some.
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: The Alice and Winnie Story (part II)   The Alice and Winnie Story (part II) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:25 am

Charis, thank you so much. I have contacted Teresa and Cynthia so far. I also wrote to Pantex once more.
Alice is somehow still holding on although she has seizures from time to time, stargazing and circling. She is still eating her 60 ml baby cereal, drinks a lot and does not vomit. This really amazes me and lets me still hope.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: The Alice and Winnie Story (part II)   The Alice and Winnie Story (part II) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:42 am

The other option is to oreder an alternative medication form them. Still, I suspect somehow you will find the generic baytril.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: The Alice and Winnie Story (part II)   The Alice and Winnie Story (part II) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:44 pm

I can send Baytril immediately. Just need the address.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: The Alice and Winnie Story (part II)   The Alice and Winnie Story (part II) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:10 pm

The Alice and Winnie Story (part II) 848164 The Alice and Winnie Story (part II) 753594
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: The Alice and Winnie Story (part II)   The Alice and Winnie Story (part II) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 7:36 am

Teresa wrote:
I can send Baytril immediately. Just need the address.

Thanks, Teresa. Pigeon angel
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: The Alice and Winnie Story (part II)   The Alice and Winnie Story (part II) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 9:04 am

Petra hasn't been in touch. I hope she's not caught in a crisis...

Baytril is out of stock in Portugal as well. No idea why. But I've enough at home.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: The Alice and Winnie Story (part II)   The Alice and Winnie Story (part II) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 9:09 am

Teresa wrote:
Petra hasn't been in touch.
I hope she's not caught in a crisis...

Baytril is out of stock in Portugal as well. No idea why. But I've enough at home.

I sure hope not.

From what I understand (I think anyway) Baytril is not being manufactured here in the states anymore.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: The Alice and Winnie Story (part II)   The Alice and Winnie Story (part II) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 9:15 am

Teresa wrote:
Petra hasn't been in touch. I hope she's not caught in a crisis...

Have you tried emailing her?
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: The Alice and Winnie Story (part II)   The Alice and Winnie Story (part II) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 1:55 pm

I am so sorry friends but I simply had no time yet to check computer.

The Baytril is on the way - Cynthia could send me some - although she is very sick at the moment! Bless her heart - she is such an angel.

Teresa - thank you so much for your offer - you are a true friend too. You are my other angel!

Charis, and thank you so much for your care and all your efforts to try to help Alice and me! You are also such an angel.

I feel overwhelmed by all your friendliness and don't know how I could ever return this. The whole has become a bit out of control for our personal life as we in fact do not have the facility to fullfill the job of a rehabber professionally. But for the love to the birds we try to do our best.

Alice seems to have conquered her crisis and I very much hope that this was the last one. Her seizures have subsided considerably, as well as her stargazing. I still feed her with baby cereal, adding holy ash and Rescue drops. No vomit. Drinking quite a lot still but not as much as before. Her poops have changed from mushy ugly green to formed spaghetti like poop but different from PMV poop it also shows some white urinates as well as yellowish fluid. Will show photos tomorrow.

I keep her warm, a water bottle below her box is keeping the inside nicely warm. She has warm feet again and her eyes are not sunken any more. As soon as the Baytril arrives I will start the medication according to Cynthias instructions.

Giving more updates later....
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: The Alice and Winnie Story (part II)   The Alice and Winnie Story (part II) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 3:41 pm

I'm glad the medication is on it's way, Petra.
It's also great to hear Alice is doing better. Great job
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: The Alice and Winnie Story (part II)   The Alice and Winnie Story (part II) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 4:59 pm

Thank goodness Cynthia was able to get the baytril in the mail. The Alice and Winnie Story (part II) 142829
The yellowish fluid sounds like bacterial infection.
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: The Alice and Winnie Story (part II)   The Alice and Winnie Story (part II) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 6:21 am

Great to hear Baytril on its way and you are right, Cynthia is an angel Pigeon angel , not to mention the others too who volunteered to help you immediately..you guys really rock Smile

Glad to hear Alice is stable and that her conditions seem to be improving..positive thoughts and prayers continue. You are doing an awesome job Petra :Yes:
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: The Alice and Winnie Story (part II)   The Alice and Winnie Story (part II) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:26 pm

Checking in, Petra...to find out how Alice is doing.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: The Alice and Winnie Story (part II)   The Alice and Winnie Story (part II) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:42 pm

I hope Alice is holding her own. Hope the medication has arrived or arrives soon.
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: The Alice and Winnie Story (part II)   The Alice and Winnie Story (part II) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 2:10 pm

Sorry again dear friends but was head over heels covered - but I was in close contact with Cynthia.

I am still waiting for the medication to arrive but Alice is still hanging on and seems to feel slightly better. I see her a bit preening from time to time and she has started to peck at me when I put my hand into her box. So slowly a little more life is returning to her. She also started to flap her wings as if she wanted to leave :For Shame:

She also must have increased her weight - tomorrow is weighing day for everybody again and we will see. But I can feel her belly - it feels much better than before - there is some substance again not only an empty sac of feathers as she felt like before. Today she even got 20 homemade pellets and she did NOT vomit them. I wanted to check whether she was able to take solid food again - she did!!!! Jumpin for joy
Her poop has not changed though very much and she is still drinking like crazy. Several times a day I have to change the papers in her box because everything is wet. But I think it is good - this way she gets the bacteria out of her body.

And as if this all weren't enough following happened:

on Thursday I received a letter from the owner of our appartment that the neighbour below us complained that there were too many pigeons on my balcony and they would poop on his. I am living here since 35 years and that *asshole* from below just moved in a short while ago and thinks that his balcony must remain snowwhite without cleaning in a city! He requests me to net my balcony or mount spikes. I refused because I don't want to live in a prison nor do I want to endanger any birds. Incredible - 35 years no-one complained and now this stupid and ignorant pig - who is a young guy - is a nerve. It is awful but in what a world are we living. I HATE HIM. As if I had not enough problems and sorrow with our sick pijjies. Why are people like this?

I am so sad because now I cannot feed my lovables any more and they are hungry because there is still a lot of snow lying everywhere. Very sad
Why are people like that?

After I was so sad and let this sit for 2 days I decided to combat my rotten neighbour. Don't want to bother you with the details but I think I have a couple of good arguments including telling the property management that this rotten guy did not clean up his balcony for at least 10 years- there is growing moss already - and now expects that it is snowwhite. I have made a couple of good photos to prove that there are still the marks of the flowerpots of his predecessor on the balustrade. How good is that? Btw - you can also clearly see from the photos that there is hardly any pigeon poop on his balustrade as he has netted his balcony. I think he was angry about the coo-coo in the morning and instead of using earplugs he tries to make my life difficult. Seeing red/mad Seeing red/mad Seeing red/mad

But this is still not everything:

I have a 5th pijjie hostpitalized - it is Winnie - the mate of Willy who is one of our PMVs. I think she's got the same infection as Alice. I have watched her since a couple of days and knew she was sick also. I blame this awful winter for this. Today Winnie was hardly able to eat although she flew on my arm to eat from the bowl as she does each day. But she was only sitting there and could hardly eat anything. She again looked at me and I knew she needed help. Twice I tried to catch her today but failed (déja-vu??).

But I tried it with the food bowl again and when she was sitting on my arm again I veeeeeeery slowly moved backwards into the living room and my partner was able to close the door. So we had her in and I could examine her closely. She must have lost quite some weight but not as bad as Alice. So I think a couple of days with the same treatment that Alice got the last days she might be okay again. Winnie has no visible canker and her mouth is pinkish as it should be. I cleared out one of my plastic boxes again (our appartment becomes a stock for plasticbags because everything is stored in bags now) - nutter - and thus prepared for her a nice hospital box where I can put a warm waterbottle beneath. I think she already enjoys the warmth and safety.

We now have nearly our whole family inside - only Emma, Pete and Angelo are still outside, while Joey and Peppi are gone as you know.
Crazy but I feel much better now as I know that Winnie is safe and I can relax much better.

Nevertheless I feel somehow nearly happy. Now I don't need to worry any more - I have them all in and they can be treated and are safe.

I thank you so much for asking and your concern! Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: The Alice and Winnie Story (part II)   The Alice and Winnie Story (part II) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 3:11 pm

Petra...that is more than one person shuld have to go through. Know that we are here, we care and we love you and your flock.
I hope the medication arrives on Monday.

The Alice and Winnie Story (part II) 6049
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: The Alice and Winnie Story (part II)   The Alice and Winnie Story (part II) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 7:13 pm

Petra......So sorry for what you are going through. I know exactly how you feel, I go through it everday with my rotten neighbors. Heaven help me Heaven help us both. Pigeon angel .

I'm so glad you have your little family all safe and sound inside Atleast that is one less worry. Also I'm so happy to hear tha little Alice is continuing to improve. You're doing such a great job with all your little patients. Way To Go

Don't let the hassel with the neighbor get you down.

Take care....... Circle of Love Group hug Circle of Love

Louise
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: The Alice and Winnie Story (part II)   The Alice and Winnie Story (part II) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 10:59 pm

I am so sorry to hear of all the unpleasantness 'under' you, Petra.

I am also sorry to hear about Winnie. I am glad though, that all are safe and secure with you.

Bless you and the pijjies. pigeon 1 Circle of Love The Alice and Winnie Story (part II) 35455
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: The Alice and Winnie Story (part II)   The Alice and Winnie Story (part II) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 1:01 pm

You are all so sweet. It helps me a lot to know that you all are there to help. I feel a bit exhausted but at least I can sleep well during the night. Tomorrow is another day and hopefully a nice one like today: sun was finally shining - still cold but the light was back. That helps tremendously.

Alice is holding on. She still gets 3x baby cereal and although she has not increased her weight any further I can feel that her keel bone is not so prominent any more and she has some flesh on her breast again. She is a very sweet patient, calm and very obedient. I hope so very much that the antibiotics will finally help her to become really healthy again. She tried a few times to flap her wings and I would like to let her out but I am afraid that she is still spreading bacteria and that is a no-no for our PMV pijjies. Alice is still urinating very much but the fluid hs become a bit more clear - not so terribly yellow-greenish any more. Does this mean that the bacteria are subsiding? Also she does not have any more seizures. Sometimes her head is still a bit slanted but this has considerably improved.

Winnie has definitely the same infection. Her poops look absolutely the same and she pees like crazy as well - very yellowish at the moment. Today I have weighed her: 315 gr which is quite low for a pijjie her size and her keel bone is quite prominent too - so I think she has lost quite some weight as well but not as bad as Alice. So I caught her at the right time and I think she will recover speedier than Alice. Winnie has not shown any neurological symptoms so far.

Still waiting for the Baytril to arrive but maybe it will on Monday or Tuesday. I have to take action that this is not happening again. I had no luck so far to find a replacement product in Europe. Either they require a prescription or it is out of stock. I cannot order it from outside Europe as it won't go through customs. Does anyone else have a source where I could order it from?
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: The Alice and Winnie Story (part II)   The Alice and Winnie Story (part II) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 1:08 pm

I hope Teresa does have a source for you to buy antibiotics.
It's very good that the urine is improving in color. It wouldn't hurt to treat her for canker as well.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: The Alice and Winnie Story (part II)   The Alice and Winnie Story (part II) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 1:10 pm

Petra, I'm so sorry you're getting all that hassle from your intolerant neighbour, and I'm glad you've decided to fight back. If there's anything I can do, just let me know.

I'm glad you've managed to get Winnie inside to treat her, and very relieved to hear Alice is getting better. I hope the meds will be there tomorrow.
Group hug

PS. Baytril is out of stock here too. I managed to find a box still on sale at a chemist's (and there may be more to be found if I trawl all the chemist's), but when the sell-by date arrives there probably won't be any more to replace it. Maybe they're bringing out a new product to replace it. The active principle of Baytril is Enrofloxacin, so it might be a good idea to ask if it is contained in any other product sold there.
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: The Alice and Winnie Story (part II)   The Alice and Winnie Story (part II) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 3:27 pm

Thank you so much Teresa - Enrofloxacin is available per prescription also.

On my search I found this website:

antibiotics - Charis would this be useful for you????

and this one:

Amoxycillin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Alice and Winnie Story (part II)   The Alice and Winnie Story (part II) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Alice and Winnie Story (part II)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next