Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Another baby....

Go down 
+11
NiteOwl
rattyfied
AZJourney
Jackie\'s Mom
Joyfulsongtree
Teresa
priya
Matilda
AZWhitefeather
ThePigeonKid
EgypSwiftLady
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

Another baby.... - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 9:45 am

Sorry for not getting the photos posted Embarassed I will today :Yes:

Precious continues to do well. She will tell me quite loudly if I am 2 seconds late with her meal & her eyes are open more & more... she sleeps quit a bit yet, but I would too if I had the bad start she did.

She is now eating 3ml. of formula, her naval scab is actually smaller so I'm hoping it will soon fall off & theres just a hint of the yolk sac left.

This all may not sound like much but to us it's leap & bounds of progress. YESS!!

Hugs to all of her Aunties who have & continue to express their support Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 9:48 am

It sounds wonderful to me, Robin. Another baby.... - Page 6 98152
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 11:29 am

That is absolutely great news. Happy Dance Hip Hip Hooray Thrilled Celebrate Happy Dance

Can't wait to see her pictures.

Thank You Robin for the wonderful update

Louise
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:17 pm

EgypSwiftLady wrote:
Sorry for not getting the photos posted Embarassed I will today :Yes:

Precious continues to do well. She will tell me quite loudly if I am 2 seconds late with her meal & her eyes are open more & more... she sleeps quit a bit yet, but I would too if I had the bad start she did.

She is now eating 3ml. of formula, her naval scab is actually smaller so I'm hoping it will soon fall off & theres just a hint of the yolk sac left.

This all may not sound like much but to us it's leap & bounds of progress. YESS!!

Hugs to all of her Aunties who have & continue to express their support Circle of Love

Every step of improvement, whether a baby bird or big bird step, is wonderful news, Robin. Another baby.... - Page 6 142829
And it's wonderful that Precious continues to take these steps. Celebrate
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 1:11 pm

Another baby.... - Page 6 Precio10

Another baby.... - Page 6 Precio11

Precious is always sleepy with a full crop :Yes: She weighed in at 17 gms. today on her 10 th. day.

The second is her in her "nest" a rubbermaid food storage container.( Don't worry this container is only used for the animals. Happy) It's big enough for her but also snug enough to keep her from rolling all over & her legs from splaying. She seems to enjoy the tight feeling, almost as if her momma was sitting on her. I love it/them

The paper towel is rough enough to give her some traction & the toilet paper is soft so she won't get any sores and both are very absorbent.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 4:16 pm

Thank you so much for the update and the photos, Robin!
What a cosy Precious! I love it/them cheers This auntie is absolutely delighted that she's progressing so well! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:01 pm

Robin.............Her name absolutely suits her. I love it/them She is absolutely Precious. I love it/them

She has had such a tough beginning, and although she is behind in her growth, she will be able to catch up given a little tme. Feeling great The fact that she has made it thus far is a true testament of what an outstanding job you are doing with her. Pigeon angel

If you gradualy increase her formula a little each day, you will see she will start to put on weight and her strength and energy will increase and you'll be chasing her around before you know it. :Yes:

Please keep us posted of her progress.

Group hug

Louise
Another baby.... - Page 6 789920
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:22 pm

Oh my goodness!! Such a little doll baby. Pigeon angel
Thanks for sharing these adorable photos with us, Robin. Another baby.... - Page 6 142829
Back to top Go down
Joyfulsongtree
Guardian Angel
Joyfulsongtree

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 8:55 am

Auntie Carol checkin' in... Circle of Love I've been watching, just not able to post...
Happy news... Happy Dance ... Ten days is a wonderful milestone for Precious! Please give her some gentle love pats from this auntie :)
Thank you for posting the photos :Yes:

Another baby.... - Page 6 AniDoves-1 Rockin' Robin!!! Another baby.... - Page 6 AniDoves-1
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 9:24 am

Joyfulsongtree wrote:

Another baby.... - Page 6 AniDoves-1 Rockin' Robin!!! Another baby.... - Page 6 AniDoves-1

I agree
Back to top Go down
rattyfied
Special Pigeon Angel
rattyfied

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 9:36 am

i hope she continues to do well under your very special care Another baby.... - Page 6 35455
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rattyfied/sets/
Joyfulsongtree
Guardian Angel
Joyfulsongtree

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 9:43 am

Another baby.... - Page 6 AniDoves-1 Amen to that, rattyfied! Another baby.... - Page 6 AniDoves-1
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 9:00 am

Thank you for all the encouragement not only to me but also Precious.

Well our girl now weighs in at a whopping 23 grams! YESS!!

She can be very vocal when I'm just a tad slow at serving her a meal & see is more observant about whats going on around her. Major Rant

I consider this a bound on her part and I feel that maybe now I can let out the big breath I've been holding since the day she arrived! nutter

Precious says to send big hugs to all her wonderful Aunties too Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 9:06 am

Sweet little Precious. Another baby.... - Page 6 803589

Now that she's growing, she will eat more and more and she should start taking off. Another baby.... - Page 6 142829
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:21 am

Thank You for the wonderful update Robin.

I am so happy Thrilled Happy Dance Celebrate that she is gaining weight and becoming more aware of her surroundings. Happy Dance

As she grows and you are able to feed her more, I'm sure we'll continue to see her grow and thrive by leaps and bounds.

Way To Go for the great job you are doing with her. Pigeon angel

Louise
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 6:00 pm

Appreciate the update, Robin.
I'm so glad Precious is doing good. Another baby.... - Page 6 142829
Back to top Go down
Joyfulsongtree
Guardian Angel
Joyfulsongtree

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 9:52 am

Hi there/Bye Robin,
How is the little Precious one doing today Question
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 9:58 am

I was just wondering the same thing. Another baby.... - Page 6 458406
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: I found a lump....   Another baby.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 1:14 pm

Another baby.... - Page 6 Lump10

Yesterday Precious start gasping after her meals, this would stop to a heavy breathing...
this morning I found a purpleish blue lump on her throat just under her jaw. It feels hard.
I looked in her mouth and from waht I can see it's pink and looks clean.

I stopped the clavamox on Monday. She is eating & pooping as usual, should I start the clavamox again? Should I try the cipro? she weighs 25 grams.

Any suggestions????
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 1:23 pm

Robin, I still suspect she has canker. She also looks under developed which the canker can cause.
What do you have for canker?
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 2:01 pm

Robin...............Precious looks much better in her appearance, her eyes are wide open and she seems alert. However, she is still very fragile and far from out of the woods.

I understand your concern about her gasping and heavy breathing. Did this just start yesterday?

By what method are you feeding her?..........syringe, tube, bottle?.....Do you think that in any way it could have caused the bruising....or could she be taking in too much air during feeding?

Louise
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 2:31 pm

Spoke with Charis on the phone, she thinks Precious has canker.

I called my dog vet asking if I could get flagyl, they said no they can't give out meds. without seeing the animal but doesn't matter since they won't see birds.

Spoke to another vet but just can't afford the new patient fee, plus office call.

I basically HATE vets these days!!!!!! Major Rant

I'm trying to order Spartrix from New England pigeon supply, but the fastest they can get it to me is 2-3 days!!!! I just DON'T get it

Foys & Siegels are out of Spartrix.

Charis I can't find a pigeon supply company in MN.
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 3:46 pm

EgypSwiftLady wrote:

Well our girl now weighs in at a whopping 23 grams! YESS!!

I was just looking back on the feeding times & weights that I have been keeping on Precious and noticed that I posted her weight a wrong... she wieghed 34 grams on 2/01.

Sorry Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Last edited by EgypSwiftLady on Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot date.)
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:28 pm

Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:44 pm

Matilda wrote:
Here's a link to Twin Cities...

http://www.twincitypoultrysupplies.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=83

Thanks Charis. Happy

I just ordered canker meds. from them also.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another baby....   Another baby.... - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another baby....
Page 6 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pigeon Angels :: Pigeons and Their Friends :: Baby Pigeons and Doves-
Jump to: