Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

This is interesting...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

This is interesting... Empty
PostSubject: This is interesting...   This is interesting... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 1:56 pm

regarding feeding Pigeons in NYC.

http://gothamist.com/2010/02/22/bird_feeding.php

Are You Free As A Bird To Feed Pigeons In Parks?

This is interesting... Phpv0Ly5lAM Like jaywalking on city streets, it seems that the anti-bird feeding rules in city parks aren't enforced. According to the NY Post, the people who are supposed to enforce park rules only gave out five $50 tickets last year for bird feeding... out of 18,876 summonses and violations issued in total. And the Parks Department allegedly told the paper, "It's OK to feed the pigeons as long as there are no signs saying you can't."
In 2007, the NY Times wrote that, "Despite a common public perception, there is no law that makes pigeon feeding illegal everywhere in the city. That said, the Parks Department posts notices prohibiting feeding in many areas under its control. If you ignore the sign, you may get an Environmental Control Board summons from the parks enforcement patrols or from the Police Department."
Of course, if it's just going unenforced, bird lovers may want to have their guards up, because some civilians are taking the law into their own hands. Just last week a 63-year-old bird lover was attacked after (legally) feeding pigeons on the sidewalk!
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: This is interesting...   This is interesting... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:06 am

Bump up. This is interesting... 142829
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: This is interesting...   This is interesting... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:34 am

Another reason I'm so glad I live in the counrty :Yes:

I understand people worrying about rats coming in and eating the left over seed from feeding the pigeons BUT evrytime I see videos of city pigeons being fed very lttle if ANY seed is left by the pigeons.

Just a thought... is the poster saying the pigeons ARE rats????
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: This is interesting...   This is interesting... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:45 am

I think the poster, in the blog, may be one that is used to discourage Pigeon feeding and mislead people to believe feeding Pigeons is an illegal act.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is interesting...   This is interesting... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is interesting...
Page 1 of 1