Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Flying lessons

Go down 
+2
Matilda
Peg 'n Peter
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Peg 'n Peter
Special Pigeon Angel
Peg 'n Peter

Flying lessons Empty
PostSubject: Flying lessons   Flying lessons Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 8:27 pm

Hi! I don't think I've posted here yet. I came from the other pidgie forum.... I was Peg 'n Peter over there.

Things have been quite quiet around the homestead. Two new babies are just completing their flying lessons. Poppy did really well but Pierina is taking her time. I recorded a video with my cheap digital camera. Pierina takes her first flight!
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Flying lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flying lessons   Flying lessons Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 8:34 pm

Flying lessons 164371 ...How cute is that?! Love the video. I think about you all the time and your little flock. I'm so happy you shared your cute baby with us and her flying lesson.

Flying lessons 3177
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

Flying lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flying lessons   Flying lessons Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 8:52 pm

Hi Peg N Peter! Welcome to Pig N Angels! Gee it's great to see you here. I met you over on Pigeon Talk, and think about you often. I have often wondered how your pigeons are doing, and if they are still living outside your home. I'm kinda excited, because now I can catch up with what's been going on with you. I loved the video. It was just adorable. I hope we see on you here a lot more often.
Jay
Back to top Go down
Peg 'n Peter
Special Pigeon Angel
Peg 'n Peter

Flying lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flying lessons   Flying lessons Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 9:19 pm

Hi Matilda! It's good to see you again Feeling great My little flock is doing very well these days. Peter has found a new *bird*, and Peggy has found a new mate, Peppy. He's young but he's trying hard. He's got big, uh, 3-toed shoes to fill as Peter was pretty darn special. Peppy is really taking the new parenting role to heart (he's a first-time daddy). I'm a bit concerned about Pierina tonight as she was not strong enough to fly up to the nest so she's hiding in the bushes somewhere on the ground :eek: I've been around the neighborhood a few times now but can't see her. I'm praying for the morning light (and the neighbors are praying I move out of the neigborhood That's too funny )
Back to top Go down
Peg 'n Peter
Special Pigeon Angel
Peg 'n Peter

Flying lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flying lessons   Flying lessons Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 9:22 pm

Hi Jay, yes, how have you been?? You were always so helpful to me over on the old forum. Thank you again. Things are going well here..... it was a mild winter and I'm already a gramma to two new pidgies, even tho' it's not even spring yet. And I know Peggy is already sitting on another egg because Peppy has been collecting sticks during the day, in between giving flying lessons. Whew, how does he do it all! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Flying lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flying lessons   Flying lessons Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:19 pm

Peg 'n Peter wrote:
Hi Matilda! It's good to see you again Flying lessons Icon_sunny My little flock is doing very well these days. Peter has found a new *bird*, and Peggy has found a new mate, Peppy. He's young but he's trying hard. He's got big, uh, 3-toed shoes to fill as Peter was pretty darn special. Peppy is really taking the new parenting role to heart (he's a first-time daddy). I'm a bit concerned about Pierina tonight as she was not strong enough to fly up to the nest so she's hiding in the bushes somewhere on the ground Flying lessons 443628 I've been around the neighborhood a few times now but can't see her. I'm praying for the morning light (and the neighbors are praying I move out of the neigborhood Flying lessons 982130 )

I hope you find her. Do let us know because now that I know she's on the ground, I'll worry too.

Neighbors... Flying lessons 432120 ...if only they knew what they were missing.
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

Flying lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flying lessons   Flying lessons Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:43 pm

Sending prayers that you find the little one. Now I'll too be worrying until you post back that all is well. In my loft it's easy. If the little ones can't make it back up to the box, I just go out and put them back in. Bet you felt like it. She'll probably be fine, but I know we'll all be thinking about her tonight. They're both just precious. I loved watching them. Thanks for sharing that with us.
As far as the neighbors go, I'm sure they love you. How could they not?
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Flying lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flying lessons   Flying lessons Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:59 pm

It's great to see you Peg 'n Peter. Hi there/Bye

I love your video. I love it/them Too cute! Thanks for sharing it with us.
That little guy must have had cold feet, literally. :That\\\'s so f
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Flying lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flying lessons   Flying lessons Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 11:05 pm

Peg 'n Peter wrote:
Hi Matilda! It's good to see you again Feeling great My little flock is doing very well these days. Peter has found a new *bird*, and Peggy has found a new mate, Peppy. He's young but he's trying hard. He's got big, uh, 3-toed shoes to fill as Peter was pretty darn special. Peppy is really taking the new parenting role to heart (he's a first-time daddy).

I'm a bit concerned about Pierina tonight as she was not strong enough to fly up to the nest so she's hiding in the bushes somewhere on the ground :eek:
I've been around the neighborhood a few times now but can't see her. I'm praying for the morning light (and the neighbors are praying I move out of the neigborhood That's too funny )

I'm thinking positive thoughts that Pierina stays safe and you are able to find her in the morning. Bless her heart. Pigeon angel
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

Flying lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flying lessons   Flying lessons Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 9:23 am

Hi Hi there/Bye Welcome to the forum Happy

I love your vid I love it/them

Thanks for sharing it, it's always fun to watch a beginner catch some air! Great job
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Jenaka
Special Pigeon Angel
Jenaka

Flying lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flying lessons   Flying lessons Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 1:20 pm

Very cute video! I loved the captions hehe. LOL
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/PigeonFriend
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Flying lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flying lessons   Flying lessons Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 2:30 pm

Any sign of that cutie, Periena, today?
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

Flying lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flying lessons   Flying lessons Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 5:50 pm

Yes..........................is there any news on the little one?
Back to top Go down
Peg 'n Peter
Special Pigeon Angel
Peg 'n Peter

Flying lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flying lessons   Flying lessons Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 7:54 pm

Well I sure wish I'd had the camera with me when I arrived home from work today. There was a lineup of 3 pigeons sitting on the shed: Peggy, Poppy and some guy I didn't recognize?? Might be an old sibling from way back? Peggy wasn't too concerned about him. And there she was.... Pierina, standing on the snow again, looking up at the roof of the shed. It's funny how some of them do better at the flying lessons than others? I think Pierina's afraid of heights! But at least she's safe. I gave them some more supper and fresh water (SOMEone knocked over the water dish Flying lessons 106767 ), then popped in to have my own supper. When I went out, Peggy was back in the nest with hubby Peppy, and brother Poppy and Pierina were both gone? She must have a little hiding spot somewhere. I'll take another walk (or two or three or four) around the neighbourhood tonight and see if I can spot her. This time I won't wear my fleece Buddweiser pyjamas, cowboy boots, and pink SCUBA flashlight and maybe the neighbours will stop looking out their windows haha!

I am so relieved that she is at least 'in the vicinity'. Thank you for the well wishes! I am just going to enjoy her company while she's here because God knows they grow up so fast then leave home. Very sad
Back to top Go down
Peg 'n Peter
Special Pigeon Angel
Peg 'n Peter

Flying lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flying lessons   Flying lessons Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 7:57 pm

Hi Fancyfeathers! Good to see you! I have birdy footprints all over the snow here. They must get used to the cold after awhile but Pierina grew up in relative luxury (the pigeon palace attached to my roof) and has not known any hardship (snow) before this Laughing

I'll have to find my picture of birdy footprints in the snow and post it!
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

Flying lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flying lessons   Flying lessons Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 8:01 pm

I'm sure the neighbors think you're a cute sight running around in your budwieser pajamas! Flying lessons 321758

At least I'm glad she's safe for now. Hope she gets the hang of it soon. It's not safe for her to be out there alone.
Back to top Go down
Peg 'n Peter
Special Pigeon Angel
Peg 'n Peter

Flying lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flying lessons   Flying lessons Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 8:06 pm

Well, as you can see, Peppy really gets around!
Flying lessons IMG_1000
And here he is searching for 'that darn cat'
Flying lessons IMG_1027
Actually, the cat couldn't care less about the pigeons, luckily!
Back to top Go down
Peg 'n Peter
Special Pigeon Angel
Peg 'n Peter

Flying lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flying lessons   Flying lessons Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 8:09 pm

NiteOwl wrote:
I'm sure the neighbors think you're a cute sight running around in your budwieser pajamas! Flying lessons 321758

At least I'm glad she's safe for now. Hope she gets the hang of it soon. It's not safe for her to be out there alone.
Hi Jay! Well, they haven't phoned the police on me yet, so that's a good thing Happy
I'm going to try and get Pierina in the house tonight, or maybe even up in the nest. Wish me luck!
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Flying lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flying lessons   Flying lessons Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 8:35 pm

Good luck...you can do it. Flying lessons 803589
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Flying lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flying lessons   Flying lessons Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 8:37 pm

Those foot prints in the snow are really beautiful. I love the pattern they make.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Flying lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flying lessons   Flying lessons Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 10:14 pm

Your footprint pictures are wonderful. Flying lessons 142829
Thanks for sharing them with us. Hi there/Bye

I hope you were successful in getting Pierina in tonight.
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

Flying lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flying lessons   Flying lessons Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 3:10 pm

I love the footprints in the snow, but it made me shudder to see the cat prints alongside the birds prints. Serious EEK!!
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Flying lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flying lessons   Flying lessons Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:19 pm

NiteOwl wrote:
I love the footprints in the snow, but it made me shudder to see the cat prints alongside the birds prints. Flying lessons 764214

She said this about the cat... Actually, the cat couldn't care less about the pigeons, luckily!...so you can shudder less. Flying lessons 982130
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

Flying lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flying lessons   Flying lessons Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:43 pm

I probably read that and just forgot. Thank you Charis. That helps. Still..............................the way it looks.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Flying lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flying lessons   Flying lessons Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:21 pm

NiteOwl wrote:
I probably read that and just forgot. Thank you Charis. That helps. Still..............................the way it looks.

I know. It gives a person...pause. Flying lessons 570843
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Flying lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flying lessons   Flying lessons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flying lessons
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next