Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby!

Go down 
+4
AZWhitefeather
Jackie\'s Mom
Matilda
EgypSwiftLady
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! Empty
PostSubject: Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby!    Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 11:14 am

3 months ago my dear husband surprised me with a pair of Stettiner Short faced Tumblers, I am in love with the tiny short faced breeds  Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! 983488

Mr. & Mrs. Fitzpatrick, the Stettiner pair, have laid a couple of infertile eggs before and so I thought, but hoped it wasn't, that this egg too would end up the same way. Very sad

BUT imagine my surprise this morning when I found a baby, with a full crop, in the nest!  Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! 116281 I am on cloud 9!!!!! Happy Dance Thrilled Celebrate

I do realize that these pigeons will require handfeeding and am more than ready to tackle this when the time comes.  Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! 395766

Heres is a photo of mom & dad.

Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! Mr__mr10
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby!    Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 11:31 am

Congratulations, Robin....who knows...maybe this baby is the companion for Precious.
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby!    Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 6:12 pm

Robin..........Mr. & Mrs. Fitzpatrick are adorable. I love it/them  Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! 983488 I love it/them I just love their little beaks and round little heads.

Picture of the baby pleasssssssse when time permits.

Louise
 Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! 789920
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby!    Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 6:30 pm

Welcome

Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! Animal13

Baby Fitzpatrick
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby!    Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 6:15 pm

Meet JuJuBee....

Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! Baby_j10

who is now 3 days old and mommy & daddy are taking very good care of their little one.
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby!    Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 6:17 pm

Ooopps! Sorry I forgot to say Thank you to Charis, Louise & Cindy for welcoming our baby.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby!    Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 6:42 pm

Thanks for sharing JuJuBee with us, Robin.
She is just too precious.  Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! 983488  Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! 983488
It will be so much fun watching her grow up with all the pictures you will be posting. Wink Picture(s)/video Picture(s)/video
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby!    Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 6:46 pm

Adorable...love the name.  Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! 983488
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby!    Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 8:51 pm

JuJuBee is absolutely adorable I love it/them I love it/them  Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! 983488  Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! 983488 I love it/them I love it/them

Can't wait to watch her grow up.

Louise
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby!    Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 9:01 pm

Well congratulations on your baby. Now that is one adorable little baby. You must be thrilled. And the name is perfect. Jujubee. Too cute. Yes, I want to see this one as she grows up.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby!    Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 9:12 pm

I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them What a precious baby! Congratulations to you and the proud parents!

Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! CongPigeon

I thought short-faced breeds had to be fostered out. It's wonderful that the parents can look after him.
Jujubee is a great name! Great job

Last edited by Teresa on Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby!    Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 9:22 am

Ooh they are lovely Robin! I love it/them I love it/them have not seen anything like it! Absolutely love their short beaks and their sweet face :) and look at that baby! He is so adorable!!! What a sweet little doll baby I love it/them and a cute name too :)
Congrats Robin Smile

Waiting to catch more pics of him Smile
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby!    Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 5:42 pm

Teresa wrote:

I thought short-faced breeds had to be fostered out. It's wonderful that the parents call look after him.
Jujubee is a great name! Great job

You are right Teresa about the short faced breeds. We had planned it so the baby could be fostered out to Pinkie & Queenie, they are both lighter in weight, but with the heat these two stopped setting all together. Very sad So we had to leave the egg with the parents, The Fitzpatricks.

I am checking baby JuJuBee twice daily making sure his little crop remains full.  Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! 142829

Thanks everyone for your kind comments  Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! 395766 I love it/them
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby!    Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 4:28 am

Just curious...Why do they have to be fostered? Don't the parents accept the young ones?
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby!    Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 8:17 am

priya wrote:
Just curious...Why do they have to be fostered? Don't the parents accept the young ones?

The small beaked breeds are likely to have problems feeding their babies because their beaks are so small.

If you look at the photos of African Owl breed their beaks are so very tiny. These breeds can't eat the large corn kernals or the large soy beans or peas like the large beaked breeds can.

Call me crazy but I just love the look of the tiny beaks nutter I love it/them
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby!    Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 10:46 am

EgypSwiftLady wrote:
priya wrote:

The small beaked breeds are likely to have problems feeding their babies because their beaks are so small.

If you look at the photos of African Owl breed their beaks are so very tiny. These breeds can't eat the large corn kernals or the large soy beans or peas like the large beaked breeds can.

Call me crazy but I just love the look of the tiny beaks nutter I love it/them

Ohk now i get it...poor birds :( that must be such a sad thing, to be not be able to feed their babies :( So in the wild most of them don't make it then? Disappointed

But they are real cute I love it/them i love their sweet faces :)
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby!    Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 11:22 am

priya wrote:

So in the wild most of them don't make it then? Disappointed

Actually Priya like many of the fancy pigeon breeds most are 'man made' so they never really were 'wild', but I'm sure you already know this. Happy

If they were in the living in the wild I doubt if the babies would make it... unless the mate happened to be a pigeon with a long beak. Hmmm

I do love the faces too Great job That's too funny
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby!    Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 2:06 am

priya wrote:

EgypSwiftLady wrote:
Actually Priya like many of the fancy pigeon breeds most are 'man made' so they never really were 'wild', but I'm sure you already know this. Happy

No Oh no that totally slipped my mind :( sorry for sounding like a total moron, guess i put you off with so many stupid questions Sorry

EgypSwiftLady wrote:
If they were in the living in the wild I doubt if the babies would make it... unless the mate happened to be a pigeon with a long beak. Hmmm

That's true...
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby!    Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 7:35 am

priya wrote:
priya wrote:

EgypSwiftLady wrote:

No Oh no that totally slipped my mind :( sorry for sounding like a total moron, guess i put you off with so many stupid questions Sorry

EgypSwiftLady wrote:

That's true...

Priya I'm glad to answer any questions I can.  Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! 395766 I have forgotten things I've known for years, sometimes I wonder just how much I can remember without pushing something I already know out to make room for the new! nutter That's too funny

My dear friend you are not a moron!  Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! 559177

Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby!    Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 7:54 am

EgypSwiftLady wrote:
priya wrote:
priya wrote:

EgypSwiftLady wrote:

EgypSwiftLady wrote:

That's true...

Priya I'm glad to answer any questions I can.  Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! 395766 I have forgotten things I've known for years, sometimes I wonder just how much I can remember without pushing something I already know out to make room for the new! nutter That's too funny

My dear friend you are not a moron!  Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! 559177

Nope! In fact, you sound quite normal to me. cheers
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby!    Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 8:53 am

Well...I've come to the conclusion, at my age...that the brain can hold just so much. I am convinced that for new information to come in...some of the old must be thrown out. LOL
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby!    Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 11:08 am

JuJuBee at 6 days old. Still being fed by mom & dad. Great job

Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! Jujube11

Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby!    Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 11:38 am

She has such huge eyes.
Back to top Go down
Tech
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby!    Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:00 pm

I'd like to kiss that cutie I love it/them I love it/them Tickled Pink Tickled Pink Tickled Pink Tickled Pink
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby!    Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 7:18 pm

She is adorable Robin I love it/them  Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! 983488  Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! 983488  Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! 983488 I love it/them

Looks like the parents are doing a great job feeding her inspite of their little beaks  Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! 395766

Louise
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby!    Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our Stettiner Tumblers have a baby!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next