Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves

Go down 
+2
EgypSwiftLady
Matilda
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves Empty
PostSubject: Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves   Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 4:01 pm

Pictures please...so we can all get ideas.
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves   Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 4:23 pm

Matilda wrote:
Pictures please...so we can all get ideas.

Great topic Charis Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves 116281 I love looking at different set ups! I love it/them
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves   Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 4:39 pm

I agree, Robin. Now we just need pictures.
Back to top Go down
Tech
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves   Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 5:17 pm

I know you people already have seen mine but in case there are still others who have not seen, here you go.

Idea to share: This is made of 2 dog exercise enclosures for $50 each. Each height is 48" with 8 panels of 24". One is hung above the other with "L" hooks screwed into 2" x 2"x 8' wood post structure to support the top panels. The area of the cage is 28" x 50" (adjustable up to 2,305 sq. inch. area, almost twice the current area I set), floor to ceiling height . Located at the East side of my house where they have a window to look out to, part sun (bcoz it's screened) & feel the fresh air.

Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves Pb_hil11
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves   Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 5:40 pm

I really do like that, Tech. Smile
Thanks for posting it here and explaining the dimensions and how you made it. Great job
A couple of lucky pijjies you have!! Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves 395766

Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves   Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 7:05 pm

Wow Tech. I love it! It's perfect with the window and all. I think that part is important. It's really a great set up. Thanks for posting it.

BTW Charis, that is a great idea for a post. How do you come up with these things?
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves   Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 7:07 pm

Well, here is my loft and aviary. The loft is 8X10, with an attached 6X4X6 foot aviary.

Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves PaintedAviary025

Here is a pic looking in the door, pushing the heavy pet screen out of the way. I hung that in front of the door to keep anyone from escaping as we enter the loft.
Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves 032

We had lots of large windows put in for fresh air and sunshine. It also allows me to watch the songbirds at the baths and feeders when I'm in the loft. I love the windows.
Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves 077-1

I added extra nest boxes across the room.
Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves 094-1

Of course, a box to fill with nesting materials, which they just love collecting.
Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves 0843

Even the aviary and baths are handicap accessible. All on one level from the water table. They go through the window, and the baths are on boxes so no one has to go down to the floor, or fly up anywhere. Also, the birds that cannot fly can go out and enjoy the fresh air and sunshine.
Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves 052-1

And the very best part is that the loft is built off of my back room. I can just go in, in the morning and open the window and I'm in the loft. The birds all come over to say "good morning". Also, I can watch them anytime, day or night. And if it snows during the night during winter, I don't have to shovel my way to the loft. The windows are very big. I can just step right in. I absolutely love that part of it.

Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves 120

So that is our loft. Simple, but perfect for us and our birds. It's also heated during winter, which is important as I spend lots of time with them.
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves   Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 8:10 pm

This is my new release cage which I have already posted about, but it would also be a great cage for a pair of pet pigeons. I saw a smaller model at the grain store, and asked them for the number of the man who built it, as it was actually a rabbit hutch, and I wanted one like it, but larger, and with the hardware cloth rather than rabbit wire. So I spoke with him and had him do one for me. That I just added the perches and put a solid floor in the screened yard.
Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves 088-2

Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves 100_9543
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves   Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 8:11 pm

Tech...I can tell you put a lot of thought into that avairy and you thought of everything...even a mirror. Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves 142829
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves   Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 8:13 pm

Jay...your loft is very sweet and I love the way you...or your birds...can walk though the window and be in your house.

Love the soft release cage and all the thought that went into modifying it. Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves 983488
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves   Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 8:57 pm

Thanks Charis. I still have to get the screen on before I put anyone out there. Protection from mosquitoes. I bought the pet screen yesterday, and it will be going on soon.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves   Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 9:20 pm

I love your set up, Jay. I love it/them
And that picture of the pij in the 'nesting' material box is wonderful.
Love the foot resting on the edge of the box. Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves 116281
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves   Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 7:27 am

Great cage NiteOwl Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves 142829
Back to top Go down
Tech
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves   Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 9:50 am

Niteowl, how I wish I could have a loft like that soon. But my neighbor might complain especially she does not like pigeons and her son is susceptible to diseases. You know how pigeon-haters believe that pigeons are dirty and they carry diseases! Anyhow, he's a very fragile baby, born with kidney disease. The youngest baby @ 8 months old in the US to have a kidney transplant. He's a sweetie.

So I guess my pijs will remain inside my house forever. It's okey I guess- I see and hear them overnight. Tickled Pink
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves   Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 2:09 pm

I love it that you have so many 'nooks and crannies' for your pijjies to explore. Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves Suspect
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves   Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 2:30 pm

Tech wrote:
Niteowl, how I wish I could have a loft like that soon. But my neighbor might complain especially she does not like pigeons and her son is susceptible to diseases. You know how pigeon-haters believe that pigeons are dirty and they carry diseases! Anyhow, he's a very fragile baby, born with kidney disease. The youngest baby @ 8 months old in the US to have a kidney transplant. He's a sweetie.

So I guess my pijs will remain inside my house forever. It's okey I guess- I see and hear them overnight. Tickled Pink

If you kept them outside, you would probably miss having them around. I had a neighbor next door who hated everything. I mean EVERYTHING. And she reported everyone for everything. I used to hold my breath everytime we were outside, and Hoot would call to me and say something like, "Did you turn on the light in the LOFT?", or "Did you unlock the LOFT?" Outside, especially when Jeannie was around, we were supposed to refer to it as the PORCH. I was sure she'd find out and report me. But she she's gone now. What a relief! Be careful though.....................if you have more room, you will have more birds. LOL. Besides, I love your set up. It's adorable, and I can tell that you put a lot of thought and effort into it. Your birds are very lucky to have you.
That is really sad about the little boy though.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves   Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 3:14 pm

NiteOwl wrote:
Tech wrote:

If you kept them outside, you would probably miss having them around. I had a neighbor next door who hated everything. I mean EVERYTHING. And she reported everyone for everything. I used to hold my breath everytime we were outside, and Hoot would call to me and say something like, "Did you turn on the light in the LOFT?", or "Did you unlock the LOFT?" Outside, especially when Jeannie was around, we were supposed to refer to it as the PORCH. I was sure she'd find out and report me. But she she's gone now. What a relief! Be careful though.....................if you have more room, you will have more birds. LOL.
Besides, I love your set up. It's adorable, and I can tell that you put a lot of thought and effort into it.
Your birds are very lucky to have you.

That is really sad about the little boy though.

I agree
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves   Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 11:29 pm

Doesn't any one else have pics of their set ups, aviary, or loft?
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves   Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:52 am

I'll post photos of our new loft ...once we start building it! nutter That's too funny

It would be great to see what others have done so maybe I could improve our plans Great job Happy
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves   Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 5:49 pm

EgypSwiftLady wrote:

I'll post photos of our new loft ...once we start building it! nutter That's too funny

It would be great to see what others have done so maybe I could improve our plans Great job Happy

That will be fun seeing yours as you go. I just love checking out what others do too. Lots of times, I'm thinking, "Wish I had thought of that." But sometimes you can add or change something. I had no idea what we were doing when we did our loft, and there are so many things I do like about it, but there are things that I didn't do, that I really wish I had. Anyway, often someone comes up with an idea that I never even thought of. I never get tired of looking at different lofts or aviaries.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves   Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:10 pm

Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves 100_2510

This is Sammy and Romey's cage. Caleb built it for them when he was 13. The concept was that it be big enough to roll out side on nice days so they could get some sun.
When he first made it...it was too tall to fit through the door :eek: and he had to take it apart and re-do. Shock
It certainly is big and a bit too ackward to roll in and out. Anyway...the others have their nest boxes on top of this cage and so it stays put. It's nice to be able to roll it from the wall to clean though.
Sammy and Romey are only closed in the cage after dark. They do allow some of the other birds to come in a visit on occasion.

The cages off to the left are always open and I use them to confine new birds. I do have a couple that nest in the top bunk though. Laughing
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves   Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:50 pm

I love that cage. It's so very roomy. Couldn't have a better set up. Caleb is pretty darn handy, and at such a young age. I like the window being right there for light also.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves   Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:52 pm

Yes...it really is a great cage and I'm very lucky to have it.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves   Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 9:21 pm

That's a nice setup. Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves 395766
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves   Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 8:00 am

Very nice Charis Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves 116281

The cages are in your garage right? Hmmm Do the birds come & go out of the garage as they please? Or do you have that part, where the cages are, enclosed with wire? Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves   Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next