Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

banding pigeons

Go down 
+2
technocactus
zomg fishies
6 posters
AuthorMessage
zomg fishies

zomg fishies

banding pigeons Empty
PostSubject: banding pigeons   banding pigeons Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 9:01 am

sorry for making a new thread about this again but i couldnt find my last one confused anyways, charis, i went to agway and they didnt have pigeon bands (or any other kind of bird bands) so where could i get some snap on ones? (and how do u print your number on them?)
Back to top Go down
technocactus

banding pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: banding pigeons   banding pigeons Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:41 am

Hello, I told Charis I got a bunch of blank snap bands at Jedds &
also asked her about the engraving. If you want some, I could share a
few to you but we still have to find out where to have it engraved. I will write on my info using a permanent ink fine marker on it for the meantime and hopefully it will last a lil longer. Though my pijs are indoor but I thought it would help if they have their identity in case they get out of the house accidentally. Do your pigeons fly outdoor?
Back to top Go down
zomg fishies

zomg fishies

banding pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: banding pigeons   banding pigeons Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:08 am

i let them out in a coup during day and at night they come into house. but just incase they get out and lost. if i could get 3 that would be veryyy helpful! how much do u want for them?
Back to top Go down
technocactus

banding pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: banding pigeons   banding pigeons Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:22 am

$10 each! ....Kidding banding pigeons 443628 ....PM me your mailing address. I'll send you 6.
Back to top Go down
zomg fishies

zomg fishies

banding pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: banding pigeons   banding pigeons Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:44 am

pmed u thank u!
Back to top Go down
technocactus

banding pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: banding pigeons   banding pigeons Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 12:37 pm

I'll mail them tomorrow. I'm at work now I don't have them.
You should receive them Wednesday or Thursday.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

banding pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: banding pigeons   banding pigeons Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 12:47 pm

Great team work you two! cheers
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

banding pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: banding pigeons   banding pigeons Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 12:49 pm

Idea/thought Anne...maybe you could write your phone number on the bands, with a fine water proof ink pen.
Back to top Go down
technocactus

banding pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: banding pigeons   banding pigeons Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 12:57 pm

Anne, do you have permanent ink pen? I can include one for you if you don't have any. I am using Sharpie. Does anyone know of a much better quality permanent ink?
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

banding pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: banding pigeons   banding pigeons Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 12:59 pm

That would be a really nice thing to do for Anne, Tech.
Back to top Go down
technocactus

banding pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: banding pigeons   banding pigeons Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 1:05 pm

Hi Charis,

I can share more to others who need it. You know I only have 2 babies and Jedds sell the bands in bulk. I think I still have about 12 extra and I am even thinking of buying more with different colors. I thought to have them banded with different color each.
Let me know who else needs snap bands.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

banding pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: banding pigeons   banding pigeons Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 1:16 pm

technocactus wrote:
Hi Charis,

I can share more to others who need it. You know I only have 2 babies and Jedds sell the bands in bulk. I think I still have about 12 extra and I am even thinking of buying more with different colors. I thought to have them banded with different color each.
Let me know who else needs snap bands.

That is very thoughtful, Tech. banding pigeons 116281 Pigeon angel
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
zomg fishies

zomg fishies

banding pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: banding pigeons   banding pigeons Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 1:18 pm

wow thanks a bunch tech! im not sure if i have one but if not ill just ask my dad to take me to buy some! i cant wait untill they get here! are they easy to put on?
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

banding pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: banding pigeons   banding pigeons Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 1:22 pm

zomg fishies wrote:
wow thanks a bunch tech! im not sure if i have one but if not ill just ask my dad to take me to buy some! i cant wait untill they get here! are they easy to put on?

Just a suggestion, Michael's craft store has a great variety of permanent marking pens.
The finest point possible would probably be the best to use. Smile
I think they even have pens with 'ultra' fine points.
Back to top Go down
technocactus

banding pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: banding pigeons   banding pigeons Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 2:17 pm

zomg fishies wrote:

Anne, for me I think it will be a little hard to write on it because the space is too small. My fingers are sometimes shaky!!! I haven't done mine yet but I guess it will take extra patience to do it. We should be called the FINE Artist after we write on it! banding pigeons 982130 banding pigeons 982130 banding pigeons 982130
Back to top Go down
zomg fishies

zomg fishies

banding pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: banding pigeons   banding pigeons Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 2:31 pm

i agree tech ROTFL
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

banding pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: banding pigeons   banding pigeons Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:56 pm

zomg fishies wrote:

You might need a couple extra hands, but the snap on bands are pretty easy to get on. Smile
Back to top Go down
Pawbla

Pawbla

banding pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: banding pigeons   banding pigeons Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 4:45 pm

I use an oil-based pen since I've found that permanent markers are not so permanent.
Back to top Go down
http://pajaroscaidos.freehostia.com/
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

banding pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: banding pigeons   banding pigeons Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 5:01 pm

Pawbla wrote:

I use an oil-based pen since I've found that permanent markers are not so permanent.

Appreciate the tip. Smile

That's not so good. banding pigeons 559177
Back to top Go down
Pawbla

Pawbla

banding pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: banding pigeons   banding pigeons Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 5:57 pm

I've tried several brands but no luck. They still fade some days after putting the band on the pigeon.

Luckily I realized soon enough Happy

I have yet to find snap-on bands in my city or even country! I've been asking everybody and everywhere.
Back to top Go down
technocactus

banding pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: banding pigeons   banding pigeons Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 10:12 am

Pawbla, how many do you need? If you need a few like 2 or 4, I can send you. Let me know your mailing addreess. PM it to me.

Tech
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

banding pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: banding pigeons   banding pigeons Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 8:08 pm

I've also found that even permanent writing on ferals' bands will scratch off after a while, even if they don't fade.
So I do something which is extraordinarily time-consuming: I use a diamond-tipped engraver, shaped like a pen, to engrave the info on the band, scratch by tiny scratch, then go over it with a very fine permanent marker. By the time I've got the first two letters of the bird's name and my cell phone number on the tiny band, I'm usually cross-eyed! nutter And even then I'm finding that bands put on more than a year ago have become very difficult to read... Oh no

As for putting them on, the idea is to push both ends together until they click shut. BUT that's not as easy as it looks... they can buckle and staunchly refuse to snap on! On one occasion, it actually pinched the bird's leg, who gave me a well-deserved peck for it!
So... I twist the band into a kind of spiral, put said spiral round the bird's leg, then simply slide one side into the other. Much more comfortable for the pigeon! Lacking any decent way of explaining the 'spiral', I've gone and drawn it in Paint -- does that make sense to you?

banding pigeons Snap
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

banding pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: banding pigeons   banding pigeons Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 8:33 pm

Thanks for the tips, Teresa. banding pigeons 142829
Back to top Go down
Pawbla

Pawbla

banding pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: banding pigeons   banding pigeons Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 9:27 pm

That's the main advantage of oil-based pen, Teresa, it's very difficult to scratch it. It's the first thing I tested xD.

Question, does somebody know where to get a 6mm snap on? Foy's smallest bands are 7mm if I'm correct. I may have to end up buying there. It's amazing that we don't have snap-ons in this country! Lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

banding pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: banding pigeons   banding pigeons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

banding pigeons
Page 1 of 1