Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

A pigeon without tail???

Go down 
+2
AZWhitefeather
pigeonwriter
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

A pigeon without tail??? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A pigeon without tail???   A pigeon without tail??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 12:18 pm

NiteOwl wrote:
Matilda wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:
AZWhitefeather wrote:
There's no doubt pigeons are smarter than much of the general population.
There are also many capable of learning exactly just how incredible these birds are.
But they just choose not to because of a stupid remark an actor made long ago. Disappointed

I don't know. I think people who didn't feel that way weren't swayed by that actors remark. It's just that the ignorant ones that already felt that way, use that remark to back up how they already felt. It gives them a sense that they were right all the time in feeling the way that they do. They can say, "See..............I told you they were like rats."
Like I said, most pigeons, and other animals in general are smarter and nicer than many humans.

I just don't think that there are many people that are favorable toward pigeons, in comparison with the people that hate them or are on the line. I think that for the most part, those that are on the line are more inclined to be swayed by the negative information and comments.
An article in our paper referred to feral pigeon as ...flying rats, disease ridden and pests There was no reference made by Woody Allen coining the phrase for a movie. Woody Allens contribution has for the most part, long been forgotten.That phrase has caused so much damage.

Could be because the people who are on the fence about pigeons, or don't feel strongly one way or the other, hear or read more bad press on them than good. People are easily led. If you keep feeding them bad information, they believe it. So many out there that just can't or don't think for themselves.

A pigeon without tail??? - Page 2 559177
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: A pigeon without tail???   A pigeon without tail??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 12:21 pm

I agree. The burden is upon those of us that do know how wonderful pigeons are, to provide honest and factual information.

The quote from Matrin Luther King is very appopriate to this discussion.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Hate multiplies hate, violence multiplies violence, and toughness multiplies toughness in a descending spiral of destruction....The chain reaction of evil - hate begetting hate, wars producing more wars - must be broken, or we shall be plunged into the dark abyss of annihilation.

Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: A pigeon without tail???   A pigeon without tail??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 1:33 pm

Matilda wrote:
I agree. The burden is upon those of us that do know how wonderful pigeons are, to provide honest and factual information.

The quote from Matrin Luther King is very appopriate to this discussion.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Hate multiplies hate, violence multiplies violence, and toughness multiplies toughness in a descending spiral of destruction....The chain reaction of evil - hate begetting hate, wars producing more wars - must be broken, or we shall be plunged into the dark abyss of annihilation.

That's an excellent quote. And so true! Thanks for sharing it.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: A pigeon without tail???   A pigeon without tail??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 8:04 pm

Matilda wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:
AZWhitefeather wrote:
There's no doubt pigeons are smarter than much of the general population.
There are also many capable of learning exactly just how incredible these birds are.
But they just choose not to because of a stupid remark an actor made long ago. Disappointed

I don't know. I think people who didn't feel that way weren't swayed by that actors remark. It's just that the ignorant ones that already felt that way, use that remark to back up how they already felt. It gives them a sense that they were right all the time in feeling the way that they do. They can say, "See..............I told you they were like rats."
Like I said, most pigeons, and other animals in general are smarter and nicer than many humans.

I just don't think that there are many people that are favorable toward pigeons, in comparison with the people that hate them or are on the line. I think that for the most part, those that are on the line are more inclined to be swayed by the negative information and comments.

An article in our paper referred to feral pigeon as ...flying rats, disease ridden and pests There was no reference made by Woody Allen coining the phrase for a movie.

Woody Allens contribution has for the most part, long been forgotten.
That phrase has caused so much damage.

I don't think Woody Allen's contribution to that phrase has been, or ever will, be forgotten.
You ask just about anyone where that phrase came from and the answer will be: From Woody Allen in a movie .

Interestingly, I didn't even mention his name but it still came up.
And that's why his association to the phrase will never be forgotten. A pigeon without tail??? - Page 2 559177

Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A pigeon without tail???   A pigeon without tail??? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A pigeon without tail???
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2