Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

EMERGENCY: 35 king pigeons dumped in SF park need homes!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
elizabethy

EMERGENCY:  35 king pigeons dumped in SF park need homes! Empty
PostSubject: EMERGENCY: 35 king pigeons dumped in SF park need homes!   EMERGENCY:  35 king pigeons dumped in SF park need homes! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 4:58 pm

Hello-

I don't have all the details yet but I do know that San Francisco Animal Control Officers picked up 35 stray king pigeons near Lake Merced in SF today. It is thought that they were used for a wedding and/or that a monk left them.

Whatever the case, the shelter was already full up with 7 other kings (who have been on the verge of being euthanized for space except that I keep buying them time) and www.MickaCoo.org is past full with more than 20 fosters available for adoption.

I'll provide more info as it becomes available but these birds are at grave risk for euthanasia unless a lot of adopters step forward.

If you can offer assistance, please contact me directly at AdoptKings@gmail.com

Thank you,
Elizabeth

P.S. I tried to include some pictures but seems like they didn't upload or I don't know how to do it correctly.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: EMERGENCY: 35 king pigeons dumped in SF park need homes!   EMERGENCY:  35 king pigeons dumped in SF park need homes! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 7:19 pm

What a tragic situation. There are a lot of Pigeon people in the Bay area and bit further south. If you can find 8-10 folks to just foster a few...
Can I help you make some calls?
Back to top Go down
elizabethy

PostSubject: Re: EMERGENCY: 35 king pigeons dumped in SF park need homes!   EMERGENCY:  35 king pigeons dumped in SF park need homes! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 7:26 pm

Hello-

Whatever help can be offered for these guys is much appreciated. I've got my hands full with all the MickaCoo fosters plus the 7 ACC kings that were already there (and out of time).

Folks can contact the shelter directly at SF ACC website. Tell them MickaCoo sent you and they may release as rescue (without charging an adoption fee).

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

e
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: EMERGENCY: 35 king pigeons dumped in SF park need homes!   EMERGENCY:  35 king pigeons dumped in SF park need homes! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 7:33 pm

If you want to call me at 503-957-8505 I'll talk you though the picture posting. It is a bit tricky.
Back to top Go down
elizabethy

PostSubject: UPDATE   EMERGENCY:  35 king pigeons dumped in SF park need homes! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 11:44 pm

I went to see the 35 dumped kings today and they're just squeakers! They look surprisingly clean and healthy (though many are dyed pink). I brought one sick one home to nurse and two have been adopted. I've also got a couple of Southern California adopters who will be adopting some but that leaves lots more cute, sweet, innocent squeakers in need of great homes!

Go to www.RescueReport.org and click on the LATEST RESCUE NEWS tab to see pictures.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: EMERGENCY: 35 king pigeons dumped in SF park need homes!   EMERGENCY:  35 king pigeons dumped in SF park need homes! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 7:08 am

Welcome to Pij-n-Angels, Elizabeth. Smile

I am so sorry to hear about this most recent incident. Disappointed
I will be thinking good thoughts that these sweet babies find a forever home where they can settle their feathers and live without worry, which they so deserve.

Thank You for all you do for our fine feathered friends. You truly are a 'Pigeon Angel'. Wink

Please do keep us posted.

Cindy
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Cynthia

Cynthia

PostSubject: Re: EMERGENCY: 35 king pigeons dumped in SF park need homes!   EMERGENCY:  35 king pigeons dumped in SF park need homes! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 12:34 pm

Hi Elizabethy and welcome. I wish that we could help with adoptions!

To post pictures here you have to upload them into your gallery but then they must be approved by a moderator, which is a bit long drawn out. Even though I can approve my own photos I have found it easier to upload them onto my community webshots album and put a direct link here, so the photo itself actaully appears here.

Cynthia
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeon-aid.pigeon.net/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EMERGENCY: 35 king pigeons dumped in SF park need homes!   EMERGENCY:  35 king pigeons dumped in SF park need homes! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EMERGENCY: 35 king pigeons dumped in SF park need homes!
Page 1 of 1