Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Jimi has a huge body tumor

Go down 
+3
Matilda
AZWhitefeather
pigeonwriter
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

Jimi has a huge body tumor Empty
PostSubject: Jimi has a huge body tumor   Jimi has a huge body tumor Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 5:38 am

Already some weeks ago I realized that Jimi had another body tumor on his right side under the wing. There was a huge lump, nearly as big as a pigeon egg beneath his skin.
All the time since I realized this I watched him closely but he did not show any sign of feeling bad or sick. He was always eating with great appetite all these weeks so I was not really worried. This terrible lump did not seem to bother him at all. As I have read about body tumors that they are benign normally, dry out and fall off I did not do anything about it besides checking his side from time to time and applying some holy ashes.

This morning I realized that the damn thing is really dry now and probably falling off soon. Hopefully - because it really looks gross and it seems to have eaten a huge hole in Jimi's side. Hopefully this is all closing soon again, so that the feathers can grow again.

Here are some photos:

Jimi has a huge body tumor 0217x010

Jimi has a huge body tumor 0217x011

Jimi has a huge body tumor 0217x012

Is there really nothing you could do about these tumors? It looks quite painful when it is large like this one... Very sad

I only hope that this is going away without any problems. Jimi has been sick enough in his young life (after PMV)
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Jimi has a huge body tumor   Jimi has a huge body tumor Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 7:58 am

That tumor does look painful, Petra. It looks like it's literaly tearing the skin. Very sad
Bless his heart. Jimi has a huge body tumor 983488

You made reference to his 'other' tumor. Did it look like this one?

Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Jimi has a huge body tumor   Jimi has a huge body tumor Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 9:36 am

Petra...that looks very different from the temporary tumors I have seen here and the one Cindy posted pictures of some time back.
The yellow color that I'm seeing, looks more like pus, from infection. Bird pus is hard and does not ooze like human pus. Localized canker can look like that too.
You said it is under the wing, is it on a joint?

I'm sure it is very painful. Birds pretend to feel great, even when they don't.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Jimi has a huge body tumor   Jimi has a huge body tumor Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 9:44 am

This video will give you an idea of the consistancy of the pus birds.

Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Jimi has a huge body tumor   Jimi has a huge body tumor Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 10:38 am

Hi Petra, Hi there/Bye
Here's the link to the thread that has pictures of Galioth's body tumors.

Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Jimi has a huge body tumor   Jimi has a huge body tumor Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 10:46 am

Petra...you'll notice that Goliath's tumors were dark. That's because they were filled with blood ..Tumors like his are called blood tumors by some because they will bleed until they dry up, or temporary tumors because they do eventually fall off.
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Jimi has a huge body tumor   Jimi has a huge body tumor Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 12:34 pm

Charis, I know this video and the thread. Last year he had the same kind of "tumor"in the middle of his chest which also fell off after a while, only that it was much smaller.
Maybe this time it got infected around the opening because it was so large.
This damn thing is not even near to a joint, it is on the side of his breast, hidden under his wing.

Btw - it is black in the middle - you cannot see this very well in the photo - and there is only that yellow crust (pus) around it. It does not smell and Jimi's mouth neither and his poops are completely normal. So I rather leave this alone to fall off unless something is changing. He comes every day for a snack mostly twice - so I have a good chance to watch him.

Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Jimi has a huge body tumor   Jimi has a huge body tumor Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 2:03 pm

Petra......That lump looks very similar to what I had on my Birdy at the sight where he was hit by a bebe gun and became infected. My vet surgically removed it, however I was instructed to apply a compress of 50/50 water/peroxide solution to it 3 times a day. The yellow is definately pus from infection. I would start Jimi on a course of antibotics to be on the safe side.

Wishing Jimi a speedy recovery.

Louise
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Jimi has a huge body tumor   Jimi has a huge body tumor Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 2:55 pm

Please keep us posted on how Jimi is doing. Smile
Back to top Go down
Luna Wolf
Special Pigeon Angel
Luna Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Jimi has a huge body tumor   Jimi has a huge body tumor Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 9:46 pm

I wanted to add; I have a hen who had something very similar in the same spot last year. We took her to the vet, and he said it was pretty much like bumblefoot, but on the body. It vanished when we treated her for her bumblefoot. Is it hard and warm? Hers was.
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Jimi has a huge body tumor   Jimi has a huge body tumor Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 10:45 am

Thank you all for your advice. I have also followed the thread that ran on PT some time ago although it did not really clarify what this is with Jimi. But he is doing well, still eats with great appetite twice and he is flying absolutely normal.

If I do not notice any change I am going to leave him alone, besides checking on that thing every few days. I don't want to put him under stress more than necessary.

Charis - you mentioned that you have seen similar lumps connected with canker? Do you have any pics - I have searched the internet but could not find a single hint!
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Jimi has a huge body tumor   Jimi has a huge body tumor Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 10:49 am

Appreciate the update, Petra. Smile
I'm glad that Jimi is doing well.

Will continue with the positive thoughts. Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Jimi has a huge body tumor   Jimi has a huge body tumor Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 11:16 am

I could not look at that and just watch it without getting the bird to a vet for help and medications. You can tell that it has got to be painful for the bird, whether he is eating or not. The stress of helping him would be better for him than just letting it go as it is. At the very least,, he should be started on antibiotics.
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Jimi has a huge body tumor   Jimi has a huge body tumor Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 11:46 am

Petra.............This is Jimi's second occurance with this type of issue. IMO the yellow material is definately pus from some type of infection. Jimi has an infection running through his system and it is being extruded in this manner. If you feel that a Vet visit is not possible at this time, please consider putting Jimi on a course of broad spectrum antibotics, ie: Baytril or Cipro. You need to cure the infection from within in order to halt these tumors from forming.

Louise
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Jimi has a huge body tumor   Jimi has a huge body tumor Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 1:40 pm

Jackie's Mom wrote:
Petra.............This is Jimi's second occurance with this type of issue. IMO the yellow material is definately pus from some type of infection. Jimi has an infection running through his system and it is being extruded in this manner. If you feel that a Vet visit is not possible at this time, please consider putting Jimi on a course of broad spectrum antibotics, ie: Baytril or Cipro. You need to cure the infection from within in order to halt these tumors from forming.

Louise

This is very good advice.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Jimi has a huge body tumor   Jimi has a huge body tumor Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 7:22 pm

How is Jimmy doing, Petra?
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Jimi has a huge body tumor   Jimi has a huge body tumor Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 4:21 am

Dear Teresa,
Jimi lost his tumor which left quite a hole in his side. But now he is doing very well again.

When he came in yesterday before I realized that he was not feeling well. He was eating only reluctantly and apparently he felt some pain. So I grabbed him and examined his side when I saw that that ominous thing had fallen off and there was quite a hole. Of course this was hurting. So I applied a great lot of holy ashes (full of minerals and healing power and easing the pain) on his wound, packed him into one of the hospital boxes and left him in till yesterday. Also we had a terrible cold storm during the whole night and I believe that Jimi was wishing exactly that - to be inside. He has done this when he still was a youngster - coming home to sleep on the balcony when the weather was awful.

He was so content that I knew I did the right thing. Yesterday he was his old self again, I checked his wound and it was nearly closed again, not inflammated any more, I applied some more ashes, he started to eat with great appetite and then I let him out again. In the afternoon he came back to eat some more. This morning he appeared again and tomorrow I will check his wound again but I think he is perfectly alright.
Jimi has a huge body tumor 983488 Jimi has a huge body tumor 983488 Jimi has a huge body tumor 983488
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Jimi has a huge body tumor   Jimi has a huge body tumor Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 7:26 am

Many thanks for the update on JImi, Petra. Smile
I'm glad he is doing well. Happy Dance

I hope you, and all your feathered babies, are also doing good. Jimi has a huge body tumor 983488
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Jimi has a huge body tumor   Jimi has a huge body tumor Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 7:34 pm

That's wonderful news! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

It's amazing how you get alternative meds to work so well for you! My mum has a lot of faith in them too, but I was very disappointed when my daughter was being treated by a holistic dictor for a couple of years with no results (and a lot of expense). So I invariably always go the traditional medicine way, I think I would be too scared the alternatives wouldn't work.
The healing ashes that you speak of, do they have anything to do with Fuller's Earth? Because that is a powerful anti-inflammatory.

Clever Jimi, staying indoors when the weather gets nasty! Say hello to him for me. Hi there/Bye
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Jimi has a huge body tumor   Jimi has a huge body tumor Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 9:36 am

The problem with alternative meds is to find the right ones.They work or they don't. In many cases you just cannot transfer them from one person to another or from one animal to another. There are so many things that play a rolle. As f.e. with Bach flower remedies - they can work wonderfully if you find exactly the right ones and don't if you miss. But the good thing is that you never can do any damage. This does not apply to all homeopathic meds though.
Thorough research is necessary.

The ashes I am using is holy ahes or vibhuti from Sai Baba in India. I had a friend who travelled several times to Bangalore, to the ashram of Sai Baba. She brought me those ashes and I am using them whenever necessary.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Jimi has a huge body tumor   Jimi has a huge body tumor Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 10:28 am

pigeonwriter wrote:
The problem with alternative meds is to find the right ones.They work or they don't. In many cases you just cannot transfer them from one person to another or from one animal to another. There are so many things that play a rolle. As f.e. with Bach flower remedies - they can work wonderfully if you find exactly the right ones and don't if you miss. But the good thing is that you never can do any damage. This does not apply to all homeopathic meds though.
Thorough research is necessary.

The ashes I am using is holy ahes or vibhuti from Sai Baba in India. I had a friend who travelled several times to Bangalore, to the ashram of Sai Baba. She brought me those ashes and I am using them whenever necessary.

That is very interesting, Petra.
Can they be used on cuts, burns, etc., like aloe vera is used?
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Jimi has a huge body tumor   Jimi has a huge body tumor Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 1:07 pm

Cindy, I am sorry that I did not answer earlier. Yes - I use theses ashes everywhere and you can eat it too. I do this when I am especially nervous.

Some times ago I burned myself on my belly badly when I was filling one of those hot water bottles. First I put some special burn ointment on the wound but it did not really help. It continued to hurt very much and it started to become wet so that I had to stick a large piece of band-aid all the time on my belly. After a few days it did not improve - so I put a large amount of vibhuti on the wound, the pain disappeared within half a day and a crust was building on the wound but I realized it started to heal finally. It still took about 1 week until it was healed but I am sure without the ashes it would have taken much much longer.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Jimi has a huge body tumor   Jimi has a huge body tumor Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 12:31 am

The ashes do sound like they have the same affect as Aloe Vera.
I'm glad they did the trick for you. Jimi has a huge body tumor 142829

A burn on the belly can certainly be painful. Ouch!!
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Jimi has a huge body tumor   Jimi has a huge body tumor Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 6:55 pm

Ouch indeed!

My mother has been using Fuller's Earth (commonly found as a constituent of face masks, lol) for that purpose for many years.
I remember one occasion when my mother accidentally spilt a pan full of extremely hot cooking oil over one hand, and instantly lost most of its skin, right up to the wrist. She stayed in bed for a week, with her hand in a large bowl with a sludge of Fuller's Earth mixed with sea water. Her hand healed completely and without any marks, except for a bit of a scar on her wrist, which wasn't always completely covered in the stuff. Holy Cow
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Jimi has a huge body tumor   Jimi has a huge body tumor Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 8:00 pm

Holy Sheep!! That must have been incredibly painful for your Mom, Teresa. Very sad
Fuller's Earth is a mircle worker. Jimi has a huge body tumor 142829
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jimi has a huge body tumor   Jimi has a huge body tumor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jimi has a huge body tumor
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next