Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Found pigeon with slightly droopy wing

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
HeatherW

HeatherW

Found pigeon with slightly droopy wing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Found pigeon with slightly droopy wing   Found pigeon with slightly droopy wing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 11:55 am

Hmmm I am a little worried that he might be plucking some areas now. He seems to be losing quite a bit of feathers and has a small bald patch where his cute little bib is, I haven't inspected it for pins yet because I wanted to let him eat first. However he was also missing some feathers from his face which are coming in as pins so then that makes me think its just molting because he cant pluck just above his beak :P How many feathers does a molting pigeon typically lose???
Back to top Go down
SplizzlahSavage

SplizzlahSavage

PostSubject: Re: Found pigeon with slightly droopy wing   Found pigeon with slightly droopy wing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 9:00 pm

Wow that's amazing, That your getting into Pigeons, So exciting seeing somebody owning a pigeon, and taking care . Good to see love for pigeons u know. My pigeon wont stop flying on me, First time i owned one that was indoors. Is your Pigeon Indoors? Build a little tree fort/pigeon coop. He will love it lol 4 the outside.

Such bright colours too. I really like your pigeon's colour. good luck with raising him. I find pigeons crave attention, they love scratches on the head. gentle scratches under the beak. ummm what else can I tell ya about pigeons

I dont wanna tell u all this serious mumbo jumbo just wanna tell ya some fun things, Bricks in cages are good with the nails of the pigeon, or sand paper on the perches if pigeon angels here agrees with sand paper idk. is Sand Paper ok Angels?. They love straw, they love when u spend hours talking to them (like i said they crave attention its unnoticed tho) Pigeons never give up on your love unless they are introduced to a mate. Then well its different dice being rolled, cant mess with love. Exercising your bird is good too, just perch them on your hand and allow them to flap there wings as u pull down ur hand. Raise up do it again to create a flapping motion Happy

Ok i says enough its late. Ill post back see how ur doing, GOD BLESS JAH
Back to top Go down
http://HomeBird.BlogSpot.com
SplizzlahSavage

SplizzlahSavage

PostSubject: Re: Found pigeon with slightly droopy wing   Found pigeon with slightly droopy wing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 9:10 pm

HeatherW wrote:
Hmmm I am a little worried that he might be plucking some areas now. He seems to be losing quite a bit of feathers and has a small bald patch where his cute little bib is, I haven't inspected it for pins yet because I wanted to let him eat first. However he was also missing some feathers from his face which are coming in as pins so then that makes me think its just molting because he cant pluck just above his beak :P How many feathers does a molting pigeon typically lose???

As pins? those may be new feathers. Idk how many they loose but usually from what i remember they can look pretty bald from molting. I always think its something serious usully just ends up being molting
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Found pigeon with slightly droopy wing   Found pigeon with slightly droopy wing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 7:54 pm

HeatherW wrote:

A bald patch in the bib or the face area is more than moulting, it's a very strong indication that he may have canker (Trichomonas). Pigeons always have some, they normally live in equilibrium with it, but injury or illness can disrupt that balance, a full-blown infection can occur. Do you have Flagyl (Metronidazole) or Spartrix (Carnidazole)? I prefer the former, but either can be easily obtained online from pigeon suppliers, and sometimes even aquarium shops sell it as fish zole.
Newest on the market is Meditrix, hailed as a wonder drug. Our member Matilda, who rehabs thousands of birds, vouches for it:
"Meditrich is metronidazole [flagyl ] and I prefer it because It's coated, which eliminates the vomiting …really helpful with a very sick bird. You can give a whole pill as an initial dose and then cut down to a weight appropriate dose* there after for the rest of the treatment."

*100 mg per kilo of body weight per day, for 7-10 days. The daily dose can be administerd every 24 hours.

Last edited by Teresa on Tue May 01, 2012 4:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Found pigeon with slightly droopy wing   Found pigeon with slightly droopy wing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 8:00 pm

SplizzlahSavage wrote:
Bricks in cages are good with the nails of the pigeon, or sand paper on the perches if pigeon angels here agrees with sand paper idk. is Sand Paper ok Angels?

The brick idea is brilliant! The original rock pigeons perched on rock ledges by the sea rather than on tree branches, so a brick is a perfect miniature of their natural environment.
I haven't tried sandpaper. It may work, but some pigeons have delicate footpads, and for those it wouldn't be so comfortable -- and we want comfy pigeons, right? Laughing
Back to top Go down
HeatherW

HeatherW

PostSubject: Re: Found pigeon with slightly droopy wing   Found pigeon with slightly droopy wing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 12:28 am

Hey guys, sorry for the long absence! I thought I should give you an update.

After much consideration I decided to find Dubs a new home. He is now in a large flight style cage with 10 other rollers and already has a mate after just a week :) Yes I was right he was a he!

Thank you so much for all of the help you gave me!
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Found pigeon with slightly droopy wing   Found pigeon with slightly droopy wing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 4:44 pm

That's wonderful news, Heather! Found pigeon with slightly droopy wing - Page 2 116281 Happy Dance Thank you so much for the update!

Dubs has come a long way, and he now has a mate and a happy future ahead -- all thanks to you taking him under your angel's wing! Pigeon angel
I hope you visit when you can, and tell us when Dubs becomes a dad... Dove right Dove right pigeon 1

In this materialistic and shallow world there's nothing more comforting than real-life stories with happy endings, brought about by people like you who are too kind to ignore the suffering of an innocent little soul!
Way To Go YOU rock
Back to top Go down
SplizzlahSavage

SplizzlahSavage

PostSubject: Re: Found pigeon with slightly droopy wing   Found pigeon with slightly droopy wing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 3:12 pm

Pigeons deserve freedom , But you know they will just fly back because of the Love! Males its the other way around, They fly away for love haha ( kind of a joke)

Dubs Wicked name! I named a rescued pigeon Dub-Step. Seen him by mcdonalds same spot i caught him lol. Glade your pigeons are good, and free Happy

HeatherW wrote:
Hey guys, sorry for the long absence! I thought I should give you an update.

After much consideration I decided to find Dubs a new home. He is now in a large flight style cage with 10 other rollers and already has a mate after just a week :) Yes I was right he was a he!

Thank you so much for all of the help you gave me!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Found pigeon with slightly droopy wing   Found pigeon with slightly droopy wing - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Found pigeon with slightly droopy wing
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2