Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

A book you would like

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

A book you would like Empty
PostSubject: A book you would like   A book you would like Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 11:26 am

I bought today new book “Fit to Win” author Dr. Wim Peters. It is really good book covering pigeon diseases, injuries, treatment and medication with their dosages. There are a lot of photographs inside too. The book is 400 pages in total.
Although today one can find all kind of info on the net and lie in the bed with a notebook, I still value a good old-fashioned book. 🆒

A book you would like Fit2wi10

Only problem I have is that book is targeting racing pigeon owners. Some sections discuss culling in terms of destroying birds in terms of depopulating overcrowded lofts. A book you would like Suspect

Any books that you would recommend?
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: A book you would like   A book you would like Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 11:32 am

Here's a list from Foys...

http://www.foyspigeonsupplies.com/catalog/media.html

plamenh...this is a very valuable topic and I'm glad you started it. A book you would like 142829
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: A book you would like   A book you would like Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 11:46 am

plamenh wrote:
I bought today new book “Fit to Win” author Dr. Wim Peters. It is really good book covering pigeon diseases, injuries, treatment and medication with their dosages. There are a lot of photographs inside too. The book is 400 pages in total.

* Although today one can find all kind of info on the net and lie in the bed with a notebook, I still value a good old-fashioned book. A book you would like 590298

** Only problem I have is that book is targeting racing pigeon owners. Some sections discuss culling in terms of destroying birds in terms of depopulating overcrowded lofts. A book you would like Suspect

It sounds like a good book. A book you would like 686336 plamenh. A book you would like 142829

* I totally agree!

** Yes, that is very disturbing, particularly to those of us who rescue.
I really appreciate, though, that you pointed out the 'negative' content. This way we will be prepared.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Cynthia

Cynthia

PostSubject: Re: A book you would like   A book you would like Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 12:41 pm

It is a very good reference book and I have learnt to block out the culling advice.

This is a link to a thread that Charis started which includes other good reference books (and story books!) that we have come across:

Need a Good Book?

Charis, thanks for the link, my Christmas "Wish List" is starting now A book you would like Smile_10
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeon-aid.pigeon.net/
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: A book you would like   A book you would like Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 11:56 pm

Sorry for duplicating thread, but the one Charis started is locked for us, common folk. Smile

I discovered very good option here in SA. Local library can execute orders. There is computer in there with option to search for books and info on where this book is located with the reference. Than you write down all the details, place order for the book(s) and they deliver book to your local library.
I’m planning to place order on every pigeon related book in possession of SA libraries. :Rolling eyes:
Then good books will be scanned and PDF-ed for future use. (I already did that with several books.)

Finally I would like to share information about the good books I came across, because good book is difficult to came by and purchasing blindly every single book over the net is time consuming and costly. :study:
Back to top Go down
Cynthia

Cynthia

PostSubject: Re: A book you would like   A book you would like Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 4:41 am

Quote :
Sorry for duplicating thread, but the one Charis started is locked for us, common folk.

I just thought the books listed might be of interest .
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeon-aid.pigeon.net/
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: A book you would like   A book you would like Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 7:58 am

They are indeed and I plan to dig into the list deeper! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A book you would like   A book you would like Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A book you would like
Page 1 of 1