Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Good News regarding pigeon netting in NYC

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

Good News regarding pigeon netting in NYC Empty
PostSubject: Good News regarding pigeon netting in NYC   Good News regarding pigeon netting in NYC Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 11:38 am

Just as an info.
This could function as a role model in other cities - couldn't it?

Quote :
http://forums.manhattanbirdclub.com/post?id=3303255

Pigeon Netting in NYC

There is good news because:

* I received a letter from Queens Borough Commissioner of Parks Dorothy Lewandowski stating that they have been working with The Humane Society of the United States to prepare a poster instructing anyone who sees netting in progress to contact The New York Department of Environmental Conservation Officer Joseph Pane at (718) 482-4941.

* Parks has also created routed signs enforcing the "No Pigeon Netting" regulations in City Parks, which will be installed throughout the borough (and I presume, all other boroughs). She said that if there are any further questions or concerns, call Parks Enforcement Patrol Captain Edwin Falcon at (718) 760-6966.

I delivered a letter to my local precinct Inspector requesting that if police receive a call they attempt to apprehend the netter and hold him until Officer Pane arrives because I cannot imagine how he could arrive at the scene in time, whereas the police probably could. It would be good if this might be worked out with the NYC Police Department.

If you would like to send a letter of appreciation to:
Commissioner Dorothy Lewandowski
The Overlook, Forest Park,
Kew Gardens, NY 11415.
Thank you.

One of those little steps towards success... Happy Dance
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Good News regarding pigeon netting in NYC   Good News regarding pigeon netting in NYC Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 3:28 pm

That's really Good News regarding pigeon netting in NYC 373410 !
I hope other cities follow that example.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Good News regarding pigeon netting in NYC   Good News regarding pigeon netting in NYC Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 4:19 pm

Teresa wrote:
That's really Good News regarding pigeon netting in NYC 373410 !

I hope other cities follow that example.
Good News regarding pigeon netting in NYC 121820 that is Good News regarding pigeon netting in NYC 373410 .

There's no reason why they can't.

Good News regarding pigeon netting in NYC 686336 Petra for posting this. Good News regarding pigeon netting in NYC 142829
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good News regarding pigeon netting in NYC   Good News regarding pigeon netting in NYC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good News regarding pigeon netting in NYC
Page 1 of 1