Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

HE FLEW TO ME !!!

Go down 
+5
AZWhitefeather
Teresa
plamenh
Jenaka
NiteOwl
9 posters
AuthorMessage
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

HE  FLEW  TO  ME !!! Empty
PostSubject: HE FLEW TO ME !!!   HE  FLEW  TO  ME !!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 10:11 pm

Some of you may remember my newest rescue. Little Scooter, who has a badly splayed leg that cannot now be corrected by taping. Well, we've been practicing flying. I hold him up, and he flies to my husband across the room. The other day while we were visiting in the loft, he actually flew up to me from his little basket that I had placed him in. Boy was I surprised. And just now, while working on the computer, I had put him in my recliner, about 10 feet away or so. All of a sudden he got up on that good leg and took off. He flew the ten feet from my chair, and landed on my arm. My husband grabbed the camera and got pictures of us. I was so excited. He practices a lot, and he is getting better at getting up on that good leg. He's pretty proud of himself. And beginning to be able to do more pigeon things. Eventually I put him back on the chair, and he did the same thing two more times. I just had to share that. I am soooo proud of him. My husband and I are just so excited. These guys are amazing. There's no limit to what they can overcome.

This picture is me saying YES!!!

HE  FLEW  TO  ME !!! HeFlewedToMe023
Back to top Go down
Jenaka
Special Pigeon Angel
Jenaka

PostSubject: Re: HE FLEW TO ME !!!   HE  FLEW  TO  ME !!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 12:03 am

Congratulations Little Scooter!!! That's great news! Happy Dance Good job all around. That's so true they are tough little birds. They just need some time and a helping hand. Great picture! Happy
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/PigeonFriend
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: HE FLEW TO ME !!!   HE  FLEW  TO  ME !!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 12:27 am

He knows that you are soft and safe landing platform. That's too funny
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: HE FLEW TO ME !!!   HE  FLEW  TO  ME !!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 6:55 am

Thrilled Thrilled Thrilled Hip Hip Hooray
What that means is that Scooter agrees with us:

YOU rock
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: HE FLEW TO ME !!!   HE  FLEW  TO  ME !!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 7:42 am

I was so happy that he could get up and do that. The fact that he wanted to come to me made it even better. That shirt is one I wear out to the loft, where I was on my way to spend time with the birds, which is why he had been put down in the chair. That's why I had put it on. I just stopped to check and see if I had an answer to an email I had sent. It's nice and soft, and easy to grab onto. He's getting pretty good at navigating. Now he'll be getting into mischief and we'll have to watch him more closely when he's out to make sure he doesn't get into trouble. I think it's great. There goes the living room. LOL.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: HE FLEW TO ME !!!   HE  FLEW  TO  ME !!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 7:47 am

NiteOwl wrote:
Some of you may remember my newest rescue. Little Scooter, who has a badly splayed leg that cannot now be corrected by taping. Well, we've been practicing flying. I hold him up, and he flies to my husband across the room. The other day while we were visiting in the loft, he actually flew up to me from his little basket that I had placed him in. Boy was I surprised. And just now, while working on the computer, I had put him in my recliner, about 10 feet away or so. All of a sudden he got up on that good leg and took off. He flew the ten feet from my chair, and landed on my arm. My husband grabbed the camera and got pictures of us. I was so excited. He practices a lot, and he is getting better at getting up on that good leg. He's pretty proud of himself. And beginning to be able to do more pigeon things. Eventually I put him back on the chair, and he did the same thing two more times. I just had to share that. I am soooo proud of him. My husband and I are just so excited.

These guys are amazing. There's no limit to what they can overcome.

HE  FLEW  TO  ME !!! 618836little Scooter!! HE  FLEW  TO  ME !!! 98152

Nope! There sure isn't. HE  FLEW  TO  ME !!! 359893
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: HE FLEW TO ME !!!   HE  FLEW  TO  ME !!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 9:08 am

Without you and Don, Scooter wouldn't have had a chance. He just gonna get better and better. Thank you both for being the wonderful, crazy Pigeon people that you are!
cpp
Congratulations to Scooter...his world just got a little bigger.
Way To Go
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: HE FLEW TO ME !!!   HE  FLEW  TO  ME !!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 12:01 pm

Lovely story - I am so happy that your little Scooter is improving! All my best wishes for more exciting discoveries and a happy life!!!! Celebrate Celebrate
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
Tech
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: HE FLEW TO ME !!!   HE  FLEW  TO  ME !!! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 12:38 pm

Ohh I love the feeling when they fly to you.... Tickled Pink
Back to top Go down
jamy
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: HE FLEW TO ME !!!   HE  FLEW  TO  ME !!! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 2:31 pm

Way to go Scooter.
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: HE FLEW TO ME !!!   HE  FLEW  TO  ME !!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 3:53 pm

Tech wrote:
Ohh I love the feeling when they fly to you.... Tickled Pink

Yes. Especially when just a few weeks ago he couldn't get up or fly, and didn't even know how to eat seed or drink on his own.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HE FLEW TO ME !!!   HE  FLEW  TO  ME !!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HE FLEW TO ME !!!
Page 1 of 1