Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves

Go down 
+8
joyful_pigeon
AZJourney
EgypSwiftLady
Teresa
HootOwl
AZWhitefeather
NiteOwl
Matilda
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves Empty
PostSubject: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 1:25 pm

Please add names that you think of.This will be fun.

Kevin
Pancake
Henry
Candy
Penelope
Rufus
Waldo
Pal
Peanut
Candyfloss
Rupert
Beetle
Ozzie
Twitter
Chism
Uno
Yoshi
Amazing

Last edited by Matilda on Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:50 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 2:58 pm

Beetle, like a little bug
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 3:02 pm

Thanks...it's been added to the list.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 3:54 pm

Quite a nice list of suggestions. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 4:00 pm

I just noticed, this is a new thread. Happy Dance
I was thinking it was the one to name your baby pij, Charis.
Back to top Go down
HootOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
HootOwl

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 7:46 pm

If you have named your baby, then why is it that you are now collecting names?

How about Chism?

Beau ?

Cal ?
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 7:50 pm

I'm collecting names for the future benefit of the rest of you that have oops babies. Chism is a great name. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 11:07 pm

Matilda wrote:

I'm collecting names for the future benefit of the rest of you that have oops babies.

I think the name list is a great idea, but I sure hope I don't need to utilize it anytime soon. Serious EEK!! That's too funny
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 11:14 pm

Fancyfeathers wrote:
Matilda wrote:

I'm collecting names for the future benefit of the rest of you that have oops babies.

I think the name list is a great idea, but I sure hope I don't need to utilize it anytime soon. Serious EEK!! That's too funny

I'll second that one.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 6:23 am

Fancyfeathers wrote:
Matilda wrote:

The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves 321758 The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves 321758 The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves 321758

Here are some of mine:

Piper
Hercules
Sammy
George
Pippin
Merlin
Ritchie
Noel
Velvet
Nightflier
Pretty
Grumpy
Bling
Rupert
Scarlet
Cara
Betty
Shrimp
Joanna
Neon
Paul
Starlight
Bluey
Metro
Summercloud
Blizzard
Ruairidh
Alpha
Snowboots
Penca
Ginny
Laura
William
Jonathan
Brownbar
Toblerone
Tortoiseshell
Siegfried
Sigmund
Bella
Cinnabar
Cinnababy
Tweedledee
Tweddledum
Starcrown
Metro
Crow
Silver
Lolita
Venice
Rosie
Rowan
Cinnamon
Harlequin
Scruffy
Rambo
Susie
GoldenHaze
Twinkle
Mr. P
And I'll undoubtedly remember some more later!
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 7:34 am

Right on Way to go Teresa. Great job
Great additions to the thread. :Yes:
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 7:44 am

Matilda wrote:
Fancyfeathers wrote:
Matilda wrote:

I'll second that one.

Count me in too The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves 142829 YESS!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 4:42 pm

Heaven help me um, all I have to say ...................is OOPS! Sorry ((hiding my head))
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 9:42 pm

AZJourney wrote:
Heaven help me um, all I have to say ...................is OOPS! Sorry ((hiding my head))

You have an Oops baby?? Serious EEK!!
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 8:55 am

Sorry sigh... :Yes: !!!

Daylen and Willow were sitting on two hard boiled eggs normally she gets off the nest when she gives up on them, except this time unbeknown to us she laid two more eggs and was sitting on four! :For Shame: BAD girl! So I candled them and sure enough one of the eggs has a lil' heart beat you could see. The other one I took out. SO.. in short ~ Yep- I have an OOPS baby on it's way! Sorry(( I struggle with taking a beating heart that you can see and just tossing it in the trash. I can't do it! ))
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 12:45 pm

Congratulations are in order, then, Jenn... So just pick a name! Happy
I almost had the same problem, as Piper laid her second egg yesterday. She's the worst mum ever, lays them and leaves them, so I just took it away.
I meant to try Petra's method for making plaster eggs, so I made a small hole in it to take out the contents -- and there it was, the tiny pinprick of colour on the yolk that meant it was fertile!
I don't know how Hercules managed it, though! confused Moral of the story: never underestimate a determined pigeon!

Anyway, more names I remembered:

Dinky
Emerald
Firefly
Lillith
Onyx
Polo
Poppet
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 1:13 pm

AZJourney wrote:
Sorry sigh... :Yes: !!!

Daylen and Willow were sitting on two hard boiled eggs normally she gets off the nest when she gives up on them, except this time unbeknown to us she laid two more eggs and was sitting on four! :For Shame: BAD girl! So I candled them and sure enough one of the eggs has a lil' heart beat you could see. The other one I took out. SO.. in short ~ Yep- I have an OOPS baby on it's way! Sorry

I struggle with taking a beating heart that you can see and just tossing it in the trash.
I can't do it!

I couldn't either. 🇳🇴
Back to top Go down
joyful_pigeon
Special Pigeon Angel
joyful_pigeon

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 9:07 pm

Okay, where was this list when we had Oops babies last year?! LOL

I love all the creative and original names you all have shared! Thank you for taking the time to post!!

I'm the worst at thinking something "fresh" and creative. I ended up naming the two babies Alien and Lady. Don't know if anyone would want to duplicate those names, but there ya go! Smile

Oh, and Congratulations Jenn, on your soon-to-be little oopsy! Wink
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 9:15 pm

joyful_pigeon wrote:
Okay, where was this list when we had Oops babies last year?! LOL

I love all the creative and original names you all have shared! Thank you for taking the time to post!!

I'm the worst at thinking something "fresh" and creative. I ended up naming the two babies Alien and Lady. Don't know if anyone would want to duplicate those names, but there ya go! Smile

Oh, and Congratulations Jenn, on your soon-to-be little oopsy! Wink

After 24 years and hundreds of birds...I hear ya! LOL
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 8:12 pm

It's more creative naming birds than any other pets! I mean, most people think my dog and my cats are all called 'MOVE!' That's too funny

Charis, I see you've been naming birds since you were 3 yars old... Wink
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 8:59 pm

Teresa wrote:
It's more creative naming birds than any other pets! I mean, most people think my dog and my cats are all called 'MOVE!' That's too funny

Just about 3 I'd say.

All of my other cats had the same name...Here Kitty, Kitty. :That\\\'s so f
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 9:06 pm

Teresa wrote:
It's more creative naming birds than any other pets!
I mean, most people think my dog and my cats are all called 'MOVE!' That's too funny

The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves 321758 The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves 321758
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 9:08 pm

Matilda wrote:
Teresa wrote:

Just about 3 I'd say.

All of my other cats had the same name...Here Kitty, Kitty. :That\\\'s so f

The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves 321758 The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves 321758
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:03 am

Fancyfeathers wrote:
Teresa wrote:
It's more creative naming birds than any other pets!
I mean, most people think my dog and my cats are all called 'MOVE!' That's too funny

The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves 321758 The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves 321758 THIS~ LOL had me in stitches!!!! The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves 321758 The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves 321758
Back to top Go down
Mrs.AviatorRodent
Special Pigeon Angel
Mrs.AviatorRodent

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:51 am

Teresa wrote:
Matilda wrote:
All of my other cats had the same name...Here Kitty, Kitty.
OMG!!! I think I might burst! The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves 321758 The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves 321758 The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves 321758 The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves 321758 ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

LOL Seriously though, ... (still got the giggles).... I'm saving the name 'Tippi' for the next special little pigeon to come to my workplace (after Tippi Hedren from Hitchcock's The Birds).

... And I think she may have arrived (sadly been mauled by a cat so it's early days yet to see if she survives. Poor darling).
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonsaspets.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves   The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Thread Of Names for Pigeons And Doves
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next