Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie

Go down 
+5
NiteOwl
Cynthia
Matilda
AZWhitefeather
PeterRabbit
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
PeterRabbit

PeterRabbit

Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie   Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 11:17 pm

So touchy! Amazing!
Especially how she can differentiate between grits and seeds!
I assumed it all felt the same but apparently it does not to birds. They are professional grit & seed eaters.
Well, my Golubiatko can see the seeds and she even tries to eat them, but for now they just drop to the floor. As she regains her feelings, hopefully, (nervous system sensitivity) she will eat on her own, but after 3 months from now.
But still, this is THE MOST AMAZING AND TOUCHY STORY I HAVE EVER HEARD ABOUT BIRDS.
On one hand, it brings the tears into my eye.
On the other, it is nice to know that there are less fortunate pigies than my Golubiatko.

Fancyfeathers wrote:
Peter,
Our Rae Charles is completely blind and does wonderfully.

My husband and I have had her 6 years.

She learned quickly where her grit, seed and water dishes were.
She is in her own cage within the aviary and loves it.

I placed a flat perch the width of her cage and close to the floor, then place her grit, seed and water dishes right in front of the perch. I would tap the seed dish against the cage until she discovered what direction it was coming from and stepped on her perch. She learned quickly that whenever she steps on the perch her food and water are right there.

It's interest, she will dip her beak in each dish until she finds the one she's looking for. e.g., She may dip her beak in her grit dish but she wanted her seeds, so she will move her head to the right just a bit to where her seed dish is.

This isn't the best photo but you can get an idea of her setup. She's standing right behind her perch.
She actually has a lot more room then it appears. Must be the angle that I took the picture. Oh brother

Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie - Page 3 Rae_ch11
Back to top Go down
PeterRabbit

PeterRabbit

PostSubject: Original Golubiatko's diary (on the very 1st page) has been appended with new info   Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 5:17 pm

Original Golubiatko's diary (on the very 1st page) has been appended with new info.
This "Post" is only so that readers can be auto-notified of the new extension of Original Golubiatko's Diary And Eternal Life Journal.
Back to top Go down
PeterRabbit

PeterRabbit

PostSubject: Re: Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie   Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 7:08 pm

Capuccino wrote:
This is a pic of Speckles, PMV pigeon, who has the 'strange eye'. As you see, the pupil is misshapen and dominates the lower part of the eye. Not sure if this affects her vision.

John

Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie - Page 3 Speckl10

Ohhhh! Speckles is soooooooooooooooo cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie   Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 7:42 pm

Laughing I agree...very cute bird.
When you were talking about the tube being smelly, it could have been sour crop or canker. Both smell really bad. YUK
BTW...there are two addtional oops babies here this week. There are very cute too. Wink
Back to top Go down
PeterRabbit

PeterRabbit

PostSubject: Re: Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie   Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 8:50 pm

Matilda wrote:
When you were talking about the tube being smelly, it could have been sour crop or canker. Both smell really bad. YUK
BTW...there are two addtional oops babies here this week. There are very cute too. Wink

Well, just like a human flu virus causes upset stomach, the PMV or poisoning could have caused sour crop.
PS: Oooooooooooohh! Speckles is soooooooooooooooo cooooooooooooooooooote!
Back to top Go down
PeterRabbit

PeterRabbit

PostSubject: Re: Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie   Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 8:52 pm

Matilda wrote:

I brought the boards and made the floor for the dove house. It will be ready very soon: may be one day of work left.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie   Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 8:57 pm

Cool! We'd love to see a picture. we love pictures. Feeling great
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie   Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 11:00 pm

Well, cleaning her beak is an improvement. Way To Go
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie   Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 11:32 am

That's really too bad about the eye. She never will be able to be released.
Pox virus can blind birds but my experience is that when they have it, first you see the sore on the eye which she didn't have. I'll see if I can find a picture for you .

Back to top Go down
PeterRabbit

PeterRabbit

PostSubject: Re: Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie   Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 12:01 pm

Don't waste your time "finding picture" of the disease that has nothing to do with my bird.
My bird has never had any inflammation or sores or discharge from the eye.
Rather, concentrate on the SYMPTOMS at hand (they are listed, in great details, in my primary entry [very first entry] on this site.)

Matilda wrote:

That's really too bad about the eye. She never will be able to be released.
Pox virus can blind birds but my experience is that when they have it, first you see the sore on the eye which she didn't have. I'll see if I can find a picture for you .

Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie   Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 12:17 pm

Peter...finding a picture for you and others to see would not be a waste of my time. The value would be that you and others that read this thread, would then be able to identify Pox virus in birds.

Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Link to pictures of Pox   Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 1:43 pm

Back to top Go down
PeterRabbit

PeterRabbit

PostSubject: Re: Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie   Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 5:46 pm

The eyeball in your pictures is not affected.
In my pigeon, the condition/symptoms are absolutely opposite of what you posted.
In my pigeon, the tissues around the eyeball are very good (unaffected), but the eyeball is shrunk, dry and the pupil is deformed.

Matilda wrote:
http://www.chevita.com/en/pigeons/treatment-plan/specificinfections-pigeonpox.php
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie   Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 6:02 pm

The picture I posted is dry Pox. A wet varity...external... exists that can be open ugly sores on the eye and around the eye...beak...toes and all fleshy parts of the body. It definately can leave a bird blind if it's in the eye. I don't have a picute of that yet but here's a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K86TNYq6Xpc&feature=channel
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie   Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 6:12 pm

Please note that I added a video to the above post.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie   Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 6:52 am

PeterRabbit wrote:

Don't waste your time "finding picture" of the disease that has nothing to do with my bird.

My bird has never had any inflammation or sores or discharge from the eye.
Rather, concentrate on the SYMPTOMS at hand (they are listed, in great details, in my primary entry [very first entry] on this site.)
Pox may not be an issue with your bird, Peter, however, it's never a waste of time to post information that may prove to a valuable resource in future cases.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
PeterRabbit

PeterRabbit

PostSubject: Crrr-cooo. Crr-cooo. Crrr-cooo.   Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 11:32 pm

Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie - Page 3 Rock_d12
Back to top Go down
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie   Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 5:09 am

Charis,

Thank you for posting the video on Pox. I now know what to look for.

How sad for the birds especially the ones with the beak problems. Also, that is a big loft with lots of birds to take care of.

I hope they all got well.

Peter Rabbit- Great photo!
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie   Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 8:07 am

Great photo you've posted Peter.
It's good to hear from you. Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie - Page 3 458406
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
PeterRabbit

PeterRabbit

PostSubject: Crrr-cooo. Crrr-cooo. Crrr-cooo.   Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 10:54 am

Golubiatko is feeding me regularly, cleaning my nose, eyebrows, eyes, beard, cheeks, sits on the top of my head, etc. Doing what a normal lover would have been doing. Picks a corner and starts cooeing like crazy - inviting me to make a nest there. Then, picks another corner and tries the same. So, we talk all day long, etc. Couple of best buddies (lovers).
Well, I also have to pretend to "screw" her: she squats, spreads her wings, opens her butt and waits for me to "do" it. So, I have to pretend I am a pigeon: I gently pet her, push on top of her pretending it is a pigeon on top of her. After few seconds of that, she starts to preen herself under her wing, as a rule. Screwing complete.
She has not layed eggs: her reproductive system is damaged by PMV.
But in everything else, this little Angel is absolutely normal except for her damaged eye. I still cannot figure out whether she clawed her eye out when she was very sick (needed an anti-scratch collar at that time) - she did not have any feelings in her body much at that time and easily could have scratched her eye out, or it is a result of PMV.
I am so busy with my studies that I barely see the light of day: this Little Angel helps me to go through, another mile, another day.
She literally fell from the sky at exact time when I needed her most. In about a year, I will disclose how she literally saved me from going insane (circumstances of my life easily could have driven me insane - LITERALLY and without any trace of an exaggeration, if not the Little Angel have been at my side).
Now, I cannot imagine what I would have done without her.
PeterRabbit.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie   Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 12:18 pm

You were there just when she needed you too so I guess all the mathematical equations were correct that day.
I'm glad you both are doing so well. Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie - Page 3 142829
Back to top Go down
PeterRabbit

PeterRabbit

PostSubject: Mathematical equations? No.   Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 6:58 pm

No, not "math equations". The Equations of the Heart, and Equations Of The Soul were correct.
Those are impossible to describe: they are too complicated.
Math is relatively simple MODEL of simple things in life.
"Heart" (state of human spirit) and Soul cannot be described by any equations: spirit and soul are INFINITELY complicated.
Yet, Golubiatco figured my soul and spirit in correct way.
She is the professor of Spirit And Soul.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie   Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 7:14 pm

PeterRabbit wrote:
No, not "math equations". The Equations of the Heart, and Equations Of The Soul were correct.
Those are impossible to describe: they are too complicated.
Math is relatively simple MODEL of simple things in life.
"Heart" (state of human spirit) and Soul cannot be described by any equations: spirit and soul are INFINITELY complicated.
Yet, Golubiatco figured my soul and spirit in correct way.
She is the professor of Spirit And Soul.

Well I'm glad.
Back to top Go down
PeterRabbit

PeterRabbit

PostSubject: .   Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 9:50 am

Last edited by PeterRabbit on Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie   Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:02 am

It healed just fine and after 2 weeks she was able to return to her little flock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie   Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golubiatko's new life: a diary of a PMV pigie
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next