Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Don't sell them short

Go down 
+4
AZWhitefeather
Matilda
Jackie\'s Mom
NiteOwl
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

Don't sell them short - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't sell them short   Don't sell them short - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 5:19 pm

Mosquitoes scare me!
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Don't sell them short   Don't sell them short - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 5:33 pm

NiteOwl wrote:
Mosquitoes scare me!

I hear ya!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Don't sell them short   Don't sell them short - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 5:49 pm

I know that sometimes I do go a bit over with my birds, right Charis? But I have been thinking about getting pet screening for the aviary. I know I can't screen the aviary, as the suns rays wouldn't come through sufficiently, but I'm thinking that I could attach it to the top, all around, and drop it on the dark rainy days that mosquitoes like so much around here. Last year, I didn't let them out in the aviary on days like that. I mean, mosquitoes could still come up from the floor, or the top, but it does reduce the chances of that quite a bit. Maybe I could even get one to cover the top. Does that sound like a good idea? Pet screen is very heavy and durable screening. It's made so that your pets won't ruin your screens. You use it instead of regular screening.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Don't sell them short   Don't sell them short - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 10:03 pm

Jay, what you said about Kane is very interesting, and it's remarkable how pigeons can be so different and have personality traits that most people wouldn't even begin to imagine!
Thank you for telling us what worked and what didn't with Kane. It helps with future decisions.
I had to laugh when you said you warm up the fake eggs, because I do the same -- figured the parents would think cold eggs must be duds.

It seems as though dominant males with a traumatic background are the touchiest. They must view any intrusion as aggression, and react likewise. Do you suppose that rejecting or pecking their mates is a sign of insecurity?
Hercules has been good as gold since he decided what he really didn't want was to be separated from Piper. I've been cleaning their home with them free to go in and out, to inspect or whatever. And any egg switching is done very quickly with one hand while my other hand distracts him -- if it's close enough to his beak, he just can't resist pecking it! That's too funny
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Don't sell them short   Don't sell them short - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 10:18 pm

NiteOwl wrote:
I know that sometimes I do go a bit over with my birds, right Charis?

Is this one of those times where I am suppose to agree or disagree? I have NO idea

OK then...just a tad. That's too funny
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Don't sell them short   Don't sell them short - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 10:28 pm

Matilda wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:

Is this one of those times where I am suppose to agree or disagree? I have NO idea

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Don't sell them short   Don't sell them short - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 10:38 pm

NiteOwl wrote:
Matilda wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

Don't sell them short - Page 2 46723
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't sell them short   Don't sell them short - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Don't sell them short
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pigeon Angels :: Pigeons and Their Friends :: Living with a Special Needs Pigeon and/or Dove-
Jump to: