Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC

Go down 
+2
Matilda
Jackie\'s Mom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC Empty
PostSubject: MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC   MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 8:50 pm

I HATE THIS TOWN.........I HATE THIS STATE Evil, wrong doing Seeing red/mad Seeing red/mad Evil, wrong doing

Fireworks are legal here. They are sold in the supermarkets and there is a stand for the last week on every street corner. We're not talking about just sparklers and small firecrackers, they allow all forms of rockets, ect. to be sold.

My ferals have all come home to roost for the night. It is not even dark yet and the entire neighborhood is out in the streets. They have started with just the small firecrakers and my poor ferals are soooooooo spooked. They keep flying off in all directions and returning just to be spooked again. I hope by the time it gets dark that they will be back in their spot and not be off God knows where for the remaining night.

I know there is nothing I can do to help them tonight. I am just so worried about them and I am so upset to see them frantic and scared like this.

Sorry for the rant. boom boom

Louise
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC   MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 9:09 pm

Louise...it's the same here. It started earlier in the week. I hate it too. Seeing red/mad
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC   MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 9:24 pm

I just came back in from the backyard. Out of approx 50 birds that stay here there are only 3 left on the roof. Even the ones that are sitting on nests and babies are gone. I can see them flying around aimlessly.

I hope they will be allright.

This is really upsetting to watch.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC   MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 9:28 pm

I'm so sorry. I hope they are all OK too.
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC   MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 9:40 pm

About 10 more have come home and settled down under the back roof. My white bird is one of them YESS!! Thank God......you know how I worry about that one.

It's almost completely dark now. I guess the others will stay wherever they landed. I can't see them flying anymore.

This is awful.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC   MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 10:46 pm

I am so sorry to hear about what's happening to your flock, Louise. Disappointed
I'm glad that at least some returned. MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC 116281
I will think positive thoughts that the remaining find a safe place to sleep tonight. Pigeon angel

We haven't heard a thing. MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC 559177
I'm hoping that holds true for the rest of the night. Fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC   MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 10:49 pm

Matilda wrote:
Louise...it's the same here. It started earlier in the week. I hate it too. Seeing red/mad

Very sad
I can only imagine how frightening it must be for the poor ferals.
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Ferals have returned   MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 7:44 am

The majority of the flock returned this morning for their early feeding. MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC 395766

They seem very skiddish and nervous as compared to their ususal behavior. It took them quite awhile to come down from the roof and eat the seed. I really think it will take them a few days to get over last night and get back to normal.

I'm very glad that the 4th is only once a year......Poor ferals really suffered last night. Very sad

Louise
MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC 789920

Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC   MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 7:49 am

Jackie's Mom wrote:

* The majority of the flock returned this morning for their early feeding. MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC 395766

They seem very skiddish and nervous as compared to their ususal behavior. It took them quite awhile to come down from the roof and eat the seed. I really think it will take them a few days to get over last night and get back to normal.

I'm very glad that the 4th is only once a year......
** Poor ferals really suffered last night. Very sad

Louise

* YESS!!

** Makes one wonder what those poor 'military' birds went through.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC   MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 7:59 am

Fancyfeathers wrote:
Jackie's Mom wrote:

* The majority of the flock returned this morning for their early feeding. MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC 395766

Louise

* YESS!!

I was thinkng about that last night, as the fire works continued well past 2 am. Seeing red/mad
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC   MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 6:54 am

Matilda wrote:
Fancyfeathers wrote:
Jackie's Mom wrote:

Louise

* YESS!!

I was thinkng about that last night, as the fire works continued well past 2 am. Seeing red/mad

Holy Cow
Back to top Go down
Tech
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC   MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 12:50 pm

OMG, same thing here last Sunday. But in my end , it's my neighbor's 3 legged old dog. My neighbors left that day not knowing that the dog was able to get out of their gate. I saw her in their front yard trying to get some shade. I called her and offered her a bowl of water. First time I hang out in my front yard sitting with a dog by my side. And she's the sweetest dog I've ever met. We hang out for about half hour then I had to get in and she attempted to follow me. I could not let her in because of my pijs. I texted my neighbors but by the time they came back home, it was almost dark and the fireworks started. They couldn't find the dog anymore....and I regret why I did not let her in my backyard. My neighbor said she was gone before for 2 weeks and came back. I hope she's fine.
Not feeling well Not feeling well Not feeling well
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC   MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 6:12 pm

I sympathise with you. I hate it when fireworks and very loud noises disturb the birds, and not only. We get fireworks on New Year's Eve, patron saint's day, election time, any old excuse!
The latest events were on June 13th (St. Anthony's day), June 24th (St. John's, town patron, lots of fireworks, loudspeakers in the street for the drunks to dance to until 5 am) and June 29th (St. Peter's). And also on many other occasions...
Then there's the low-flying planes with advertising banners, going to and fro over the crowded beach and along the river, and the microlites flying over the house every blooming summer weekend, scattering pigeons and seagulls and annoying the living daylights out of me! At times like that I'm very thankful that Santa didn't give me a Kalashnikov for Christmas...
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC   MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 6:39 pm

You're exactly right, Teresa, some will use any excuse to set off fireworks. Seeing red/mad

We're pretty darn lucky around our neighborhood. It's very quite.
Either we're all very 'boring' or have a lot of common sense about us. Hmmm
Whichever, I'm glad I live here. YESS!!
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC   MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 8:00 pm

Teresa wrote:
I sympathise with you. I hate it when fireworks and very loud noises disturb the birds, and not only. We get fireworks on New Year's Eve, patron saint's day, election time, any old excuse!
The latest events were on June 13th (St. Anthony's day), June 24th (St. John's, town patron, lots of fireworks, loudspeakers in the street for the drunks to dance to until 5 am) and June 29th (St. Peter's). And also on many other occasions...
Then there's the low-flying planes with advertising banners, going to and fro over the crowded beach and along the river, and the microlites flying over the house every blooming summer weekend, scattering pigeons and seagulls and annoying the living daylights out of me! At times like that I'm very thankful that Santa didn't give me a Kalashnikov for Christmas...

Holy Sheep!! Teresa...........and I was complaiing about one day a year. Major Rant I don't think I could deal with all that. Heaven help me

Louise
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC   MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 10:29 pm

We have people next door who are renters, and they do the same thing. My poor birds get nervous, but at least they are in their loft, not flying wildly all over the place. I would have been terribly upset seeing that. My poor dog vibrates, she shakes so hard. What makes people act so stupidly?
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC   MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 10:36 pm

NiteOwl wrote:
We have people next door who are renters, and they do the same thing. My poor birds get nervous, but at least they are in their loft, not flying wildly all over the place. I would have been terribly upset seeing that. My poor dog vibrates, she shakes so hard.
What makes people act so stupidly?

I have NO idea
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC   MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 7:09 am

Fancyfeathers wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:
We have people next door who are renters, and they do the same thing. My poor birds get nervous, but at least they are in their loft, not flying wildly all over the place. I would have been terribly upset seeing that. My poor dog vibrates, she shakes so hard.
What makes people act so stupidly?

I have NO idea

I am surrounded with neighbors like that I just DON'T get it It makes my life and my feral flock being fed by me always feeling threatened. Disappointed

Louise
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC   MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 4:35 pm

It's very stressful, and I too wonder why some people can't have fun without being extremely noisy!

My daughter said something quite valid, though. She said that, even though we get lots of fireworks and disturbances, they won't be as frightening to wildlife and pets as the 4th July fireworks, because these go on for a very long period of time and they are set off almost everywhere at once. Except for where Cindy lives, by the looks of it, so she can host the (silent) party next year! That's too funny That's too funny That's too funny
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC   MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 5:18 pm

Many people just don't even consider that maybe their good time could be disturbing someone else. And the sad thing is that even if they do realize it, that they just don't care. Must be great to be in Cindy's neighborhood. MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC 395766
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC   MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 6:30 pm

Teresa wrote:
* It's very stressful, and I too wonder why some people can't have fun without being extremely noisy!

My daughter said something quite valid, though. She said that, even though we get lots of fireworks and disturbances, they won't be as frightening to wildlife and pets as the 4th July fireworks, because these go on for a very long period of time and they are set off almost everywhere at once.

** Except for where Cindy lives, by the looks of it, so she can host the (silent) party next year! That's too funny That's too funny That's too funny

* Those are the exact words Chuck would have used. High 5
Call it 'old timers' or whatever, we like to go places where we can at least carry on a conversation and be able to hear each other.

** I would be happy to do that. MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC 395766
I must admit, I did 'faintly' hear a couple fireworks, but they were way off in the distance.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC   MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 6:40 pm

NiteOwl wrote:
Many people just don't even consider that maybe their good time could be disturbing someone else.

* And the sad thing is that even if they do realize it, that they just don't care.

** Must be great to be in Cindy's neighborhood. MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC 395766

* That's the saddest part of it all. They just don't care. Shame on them

** We've lived in this neighborhood going on 9 years and it has always been very quite. I love it/them

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC   MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MY FERAL FLOCK IS FRANTIC
Page 1 of 1