Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Is this Egg Fertile or not?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rashu712

Is this Egg Fertile or not? Empty
PostSubject: Is this Egg Fertile or not?   Is this Egg Fertile or not? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 12:10 pm

Today I found this egg lying on the balcony. My father must have scared the mother off while cleaning it and he doesn't want that egg. I took it in and tried to wipe it with tissue papers soaked in hot water.
Then I kept it enclosed in a spectacle box with wood-shavings (what I use as my mice's bedding). After a few hours, I kept it under a lamp. I took some pictures and a video of the egg. Please tell me if the egg is fertile or not.
I do not own an incubator and there isn't any store around here where I can buy one from.

Is this Egg Fertile or not? 244xyf7

Is this Egg Fertile or not? 52cpzp

Is this Egg Fertile or not? 30xbpro

Is this Egg Fertile or not? A0xm2w

Is this Egg Fertile or not? 29naus9

Is this Egg Fertile or not? 10z65qe

Here's the video

Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Is this Egg Fertile or not?   Is this Egg Fertile or not? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 12:31 pm

To get a better tell if the egg is fertile you can cut a hole in a large piece of card board, make sure the hole isn't bigger than the egg, set the piece of card board over the top of the lamp so light only shines through the hole & hold the egg over the hole. The light will only shine through the egg & you can see any fertile dark spots easier.

From what I can tell it looks like either the egg isn't fertile OR the pigeon hasn't been able to set on the egg long enough to start the embryo growing yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Is this Egg Fertile or not?   Is this Egg Fertile or not? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 12:52 pm

I agree with Robin...the pigeon hasn't had the opportunity to incubate the egg yet. The hen will lay another egg within 2-3 dyas after the first one. After the second is laid, she and her mate will take turns sitting on them until the babies hatch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this Egg Fertile or not?   Is this Egg Fertile or not? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is this Egg Fertile or not?
Page 1 of 1