Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

So new, and so confused.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Khaliaryt

So new, and so confused. Empty
PostSubject: So new, and so confused.   So new, and so confused. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 7:56 pm

Hi, I am really new. Last night I found a pigeon in the middle of the road, it had been sitting there for hours and I thought it was a rock. Later on I discovered it was a pigeon, I caught it with my jacket and now I have it in my bedroom in a moving tote. I have no idea if the wing is broken but the little one carries it way lower than the other and drags it. There is a wound on I believe what is its elbow. So far I've trimmed the feathers on its good wing and have tried to bind the hurt wing with sports tape. I can't afford to bring the little guy to the vet because I'm a broke college kid, but I want to care for it. PLEASE HELP!!!
Back to top Go down
Mrs.AviatorRodent
Special Pigeon Angel
Mrs.AviatorRodent

PostSubject: Re: So new, and so confused.   So new, and so confused. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 10:39 am

Khaliaryt wrote:
Hi, I am really new. Last night I found a pigeon in the middle of the road, it had been sitting there for hours and I thought it was a rock. Later on I discovered it was a pigeon, I caught it with my jacket and now I have it in my bedroom in a moving tote. I have no idea if the wing is broken but the little one carries it way lower than the other and drags it. There is a wound on I believe what is its elbow. So far I've trimmed the feathers on its good wing and have tried to bind the hurt wing with sports tape. I can't afford to bring the little guy to the vet because I'm a broke college kid, but I want to care for it. PLEASE HELP!!!
Hi, you've done the right thing by keeping the pigeon away from any further danger, however, it does sound like the pigeon has a wing injury and needs medical care. Please have a look at these websites for your nearest pigeon friendly centre that can help: http://www.pigeonangels.com/f8-pigeon-resources and if you're in the UK: http://www.pigeonrescue.co.uk/rescuecentres.htm

Please keep the pigeon in a warm place (a large box or cage. It may be afraid and will feel safer in a contained space) and maybe dip its beak in a small dish of water so it can drink. Please provide some food if you can, such as bird seed, bread, rice or defrosted peas or sweetcorn.

Would you be able to post a photo of the pigeon so we can see how old it is and in what condition it is in?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonsaspets.co.uk
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: So new, and so confused.   So new, and so confused. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 8:49 pm

Hi Khaliaryt,

Is this place too far from You?
Glenwood Wildlife rehabilitation Center
Emergency Hotline 303-823-8455
Boulder, Co 80308

A photo or photos would help a lot, also do you have any idea how he got wounded? If he was caught by a cat he will need an antibiotic, even if the wound doesn't look serious. Do you have any antibiotics for humans in the house, and if so which!

You've got some great advice from Revati there, feel free to ask any other questions you may have.
Thank you so much for rescuing that pigeon! Great job

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So new, and so confused.   So new, and so confused. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So new, and so confused.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pigeon Angels :: Pigeons and Their Friends :: Feral Pigeons and Doves-
Jump to: