Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Got a pigeon that can't eat

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ali112

Got a pigeon that can't eat Empty
PostSubject: Got a pigeon that can't eat   Got a pigeon that can't eat Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 11:39 am

hey guys,

got a chick that is ill and skinny i have gave it some tkk treatment but the chick hasn't got better and there is nothing in is mouth no canker and i don't know what the problem is and could u reply back please
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Got a pigeon that can't eat   Got a pigeon that can't eat Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 5:17 am

Sorry, I don't know what you mean by ttk treatment...
How old is the chick, and how long has he been ill? Is he with the parents, and are they healthy?
Please tell us some more about the chick, and post a message if you can, that would really help.
Back to top Go down
ali112

PostSubject: Re: Got a pigeon that can't eat   Got a pigeon that can't eat Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 5:43 am

the chick has came out of nest and can eat but struggles to drink water with other bir
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Got a pigeon that can't eat   Got a pigeon that can't eat Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 8:00 am

He may be too young to know how to do it. Does he still have yellow plumage?

When you say he's eating, what is he eating?

Babies can learn how to drink if you dip their beaks in a cup of water (not all the beak, just half), but it can take a few tries before they learn.

This link may be helpful in terms of caring for a baby pigeon:

http://www.pigeonangels.com/t569-caring-for-a-baby-pigeon
Back to top Go down
ali112

PostSubject: Re: Got a pigeon that can't eat   Got a pigeon that can't eat Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 3:10 pm

it eats corn and has came out of the nest
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Got a pigeon that can't eat   Got a pigeon that can't eat Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 3:43 pm

So he must be 3 weeks plus, right?
When you say he eats corn, I take it you mean a pigeon mix, not just corn on its own. Because just corn wouldn't stop him starving. If he is eating enough and still thin, it's very likely he's got worms. Do you have the parents, and are they healthy? Are they wormed, vaccinated? Is there any infectious catarrh in your loft, because that can cause birds to drink too little. I don't really have a lot of information to be able to advise you...
Is this the bird you're thinking of entering for a tournament after a month's vitamin supplements?
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Got a pigeon that can't eat   Got a pigeon that can't eat Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 3:49 pm

Whereabouts are you located in the UK? Cynthia said she may be able to find an experienced rehabber near you who might help diagnose what's wrong with the baby.
Back to top Go down
ali112

PostSubject: Re: Got a pigeon that can't eat   Got a pigeon that can't eat Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 5:02 am

in bradford
Back to top Go down
ali112

PostSubject: Re: Got a pigeon that can't eat   Got a pigeon that can't eat Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 5:03 am

yeh and i have adult bird who always does sick and shiver should i gave it harker 3 in one to fix the problem
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Got a pigeon that can't eat   Got a pigeon that can't eat Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 8:26 pm

Those 3-in-1 "miracle" pills don't fix anything, really, they are only an emergency measure to stop a bird from dying until your vet has had a chance to find what's wrong with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got a pigeon that can't eat   Got a pigeon that can't eat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got a pigeon that can't eat
Page 1 of 1