Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Sore Foot?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TwinTails

TwinTails

Sore Foot? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sore Foot?   Sore Foot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 12:47 pm

Vet and tech will be here within the hour, I will let you know what's happening then pigeon 1
Back to top Go down
TwinTails

TwinTails

PostSubject: Re: Sore Foot?   Sore Foot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 7:50 pm

Alrighty, vet gave each bird a shot of calcium something or other, to err on the safe side. Ozzy was walking around on his feet with barely any issues. Diva twisted her leg when she landed on the side of the cage and fell off (about 6"). Went to a local vet for xrays on Diva. She's doing much better, still has a sore foot but nothing majorly wrong. I've been instructed to prevent them from flying for about a week, give extra calcium rich foods and keep the cage lined with towels. Also to let them bath in a warm bath twice a day to help their little legs feel better. Both have perked up a bit, Diva still sleeping more, Ozzy wanting to play :)
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Sore Foot?   Sore Foot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 8:20 pm

Pick up some oyster shell, at the feed store or pet shop and offer it in a separate dish from their food.
I offer it to my Pigeons daily.
They need red Pigeon grit too.
Good luck with the no flying. :eek:
Back to top Go down
TwinTails

TwinTails

PostSubject: Re: Sore Foot?   Sore Foot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 8:23 pm

Lol, yeah I know Sore Foot? - Page 2 Suspect I don't think they will stop flying, but I will see what I can do, lol. I've got oyster shell grit (with charcoal), I am not sure where to find red grit? I will have to call the feed stores to find out if they have it/can order it. I can't order it online, as I don't have a credit card (buggers).
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Sore Foot?   Sore Foot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 8:31 pm

A feed store should have it. Some even sell it in small bags.
Back to top Go down
TwinTails

TwinTails

PostSubject: Re: Sore Foot?   Sore Foot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 8:53 pm

Wonderful, thanks!
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Sore Foot?   Sore Foot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 10:10 pm

Appreciate the update, Tara. Smile
Glad to hear things don't seem to be too bad.

I buy oyster shell grit with bits of charcoal as well. My guys love it. I love it/them

Please do keep us posted on how things are coming along.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sore Foot?   Sore Foot? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sore Foot?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2