Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Identify this pigeon for me, and advise

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
StrikerThePurpleFrog

Identify this pigeon for me, and advise Empty
PostSubject: Identify this pigeon for me, and advise   Identify this pigeon for me, and advise Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 9:42 pm

Hi folks,

This beautiful pigeon was brought to me just a couple of days ago, I believe it's a fantail, but I've never dealt with one before so I consider myself quite privileged. However I would like some advice.

It seems to me that this is a male, and possibly quite young still given the colour of the beak and the very small ceres. Any opinions on this and on the exact breed would be appreciated.

Also, looking at the way he stands with the head and nick twisted so far back, I gather that might be usual but I'm a nervous daddy type. I've dealt with too many PMV victims and this freaks me out.

He eats and poos fine, can fly well and is parasite free. I see no signs of injury.

I have him in a seperate aviary for now, wondering if he should be intoduced to the flock in the main aviary outside? Will he be safe?

Anything else I need to know about his care?

The band around his leg has no serial number or any markings on it at all. He was dumped outside a vet clinic in a cardboard box before they opened.

Identify this pigeon for me, and advise Wp_20112
Back to top Go down
http://www.newlifeforanimals.org.au
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Identify this pigeon for me, and advise   Identify this pigeon for me, and advise Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 1:54 pm

That's a very strange stance for a Fantail! It makes him look like a Pouter! Maybe he's a cross, and the person who dumped him didn't want crosses.
But I'll try to find others to give you an opinion, as all I have are ferals.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Identify this pigeon for me, and advise   Identify this pigeon for me, and advise Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 5:06 am

One of the members on Pigeon Angels on Facebook reckons he's a Fantail alright. She says that sometimes they puff up and pout like that.

Here's the link to our Facebook page, it's a lot more active than this forum now:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Identify this pigeon for me, and advise   Identify this pigeon for me, and advise Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 5:09 pm

New message today about this pigeon, from our member Jen:

"That's an American Fantail. They have that extreme head position that other fantails don't have. When you look at them from the front, it looks like they have no head. Not sure about age or gender."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Identify this pigeon for me, and advise   Identify this pigeon for me, and advise Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Identify this pigeon for me, and advise
Page 1 of 1