Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Help and advice please. Injured feral pigeon.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Charlie54

Help and advice please. Injured feral pigeon. Empty
PostSubject: Help and advice please. Injured feral pigeon.   Help and advice please. Injured feral pigeon. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 7:42 am

Two days ago, I rescued a pigeon that was being bullied and had fallen to the ground. It was unable to fly and was sitting in a puddle in the rain. It was very cold and it's head hung down between its legs. It has been cosy in a cat box until today. I fed him warm water with honey from an egg cup and have kept him largely in the dark and quite. He can hold his head up for a little while now but gets exhausted and stressed quickly. His whole beak is grey and he is small and feels thin. He struggles to peck seed and he is finding it hard to walk steadily, a bit lopsided. I have no idea if he is in pain. Yesterday I gave him a drop of Metacam in his water as he wouldn't open his beak. I think I might try to put some in his beak as I managed to put 3 soft peas in his beak today. I'm afraid he might die of shock.  Today I have moved him into a rabbit hutch. He can't go into the nest bit as he can't coordinate himself to get in the doorway.  I can hear him thumping around just now. I am so worried about doing wrong by him/ her. This morning his eyes were brighter. His motions were thin watery green yesterday and smelled of ammonia. Today is better but not right. He needs to eat. I was using a wrapped hot water bottle but read about concussion so took it away ....can anyone advise me please? He is very stressed and he must be hungry. His neck is hurt but seems stronger today, a bit reddened under his beak and maybe a broken feather or something on the back of his neck......he is scuttling around in circles just now.

Last edited by Charlie54 on Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:02 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Back to top Go down
Charlie54

PostSubject: Re: Help and advice please. Injured feral pigeon.   Help and advice please. Injured feral pigeon. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 1:48 pm

Well ...too late now. Little bird died before anyone replied. I suspect it aspirated some food. Rank amateur needed advice :0(. Fly free little one x
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Help and advice please. Injured feral pigeon.   Help and advice please. Injured feral pigeon. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 6:16 pm

So sorry he didn't make it...  Disappointed 

I'm afraid this forum has been discontinued and is merely an archive now. We have moved to https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help and advice please. Injured feral pigeon.   Help and advice please. Injured feral pigeon. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help and advice please. Injured feral pigeon.
Page 1 of 1