Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

ALWAYS UP FOR A NAP !

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

ALWAYS UP FOR A NAP ! Empty
PostSubject: ALWAYS UP FOR A NAP !   ALWAYS UP FOR A NAP ! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 11:44 pm

Well, some of you know about the little ferral squeaker rescue we acquired about a month ago. He was found by a couple in Providence R.I., on the sidewalk huddled against a building where he had fallen from, as there were pigeons nesting high above near the top of the building. I don't even know how he survived the fall. But it was a driving rain storm, and he was wet and dirty, and must have been very scared as people hurried by, not even noticing the little feathered bundle, trying to hide up against the building. We brought him home, gave him a badly needed bath, and he resides in our living room, until he is old enough to join the others in our little mixed flock. He didn't know how to eat or drink. I'll tell ya, thawed peas and corn are a blessing with these guys. Soon he was gobbling them up on his own. I think he's one of the smartest birds we have. He has become very people friendly, and we have him out with us often. He is so attached that I can't leave him in the living room for even a few minutes, even though we barricade the doorway to block him from getting out of the room, as we have dogs, so have to be very careful. He escapes and finds me, no matter where I go, and when Don, who loves to nap on a rainy weekend afternoon, goes into the bedroom, Rags follows him and takes a nap with him. He loves to nap on the bed. I tried to sneak a picture of him sleeping next to Don, But he woke up. But he actually will stay there for a couple of hours and sleeps. He's just adorable and we love him. Here's the picture of the two bums spending an afternoon together.

ALWAYS UP FOR A NAP ! DonandRagsNapping [b]
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: ALWAYS UP FOR A NAP !   ALWAYS UP FOR A NAP ! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 11:54 pm

I love it/them That is just too cute. Tickled Pink
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Capuccino

Capuccino

PostSubject: Re: ALWAYS UP FOR A NAP !   ALWAYS UP FOR A NAP ! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 2:39 am

Dear little Rags. Just shows how so many pigeon residents or guests like not only human comforts, but our companionship too. I'd say most I've had inside discover a bed is a comfortable place for a pigeon - but not always when there's a human on it.

NiteOwl, you are definitely a Pij'n Angel! Rags won't understand how he got to where he is, but he sure knows who his friends are now

Way To Go
Back to top Go down
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~pidgie/index.htm
Cynthia

Cynthia

PostSubject: Re: ALWAYS UP FOR A NAP !   ALWAYS UP FOR A NAP ! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 8:24 am

He is so cute! I don't think there can be a nicer suprise on waking than to find a pigeon napping with you.

Cynthia
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeon-aid.pigeon.net/
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: ALWAYS UP FOR A NAP !   ALWAYS UP FOR A NAP ! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 11:15 am

ROTFL ROTFL
Don is such a good sport. I love this picture! Thank You for sharing it.
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: ALWAYS UP FOR A NAP !   ALWAYS UP FOR A NAP ! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 8:41 pm

Actually, Don loved that Rags wanted to nap with him. He was asleep when I took the picture. He laughed like hell when he saw it! He loves Rags. I love this age, when they're still so snuggly and affectionate.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: ALWAYS UP FOR A NAP !   ALWAYS UP FOR A NAP ! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:37 pm

Well maybe Rags is a little hen and will stay sweet and snuggly. My Romey and Libbey have both stayed that way.
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: ALWAYS UP FOR A NAP !   ALWAYS UP FOR A NAP ! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:47 pm

Only time will tell.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: ALWAYS UP FOR A NAP !   ALWAYS UP FOR A NAP ! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:54 pm

Yep...time and an egg. We really though Romey was a boy bird until she made a nest out of Charmin toilet paper, next to the toilet, and laid an egg.
She did become VERY protective of the whole area around the toilet. Laughing
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: ALWAYS UP FOR A NAP !   ALWAYS UP FOR A NAP ! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 5:38 am

Matilda wrote:
Yep...time and an egg. We really though Romey was a boy bird until she made a nest out of Charmin toilet paper, next to the toilet, and laid an egg.
She did become VERY protective of the whole area around the toilet. Laughing

Must have made things interesting. But at least the poop was somewhat confined to the right room. crazy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ALWAYS UP FOR A NAP !   ALWAYS UP FOR A NAP ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ALWAYS UP FOR A NAP !
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pigeon Angels :: Pigeons and Their Friends :: Pigeon and Dove Pets-
Jump to: