Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Hello from Bangkok!

Go down 
+9
Teresa
rattyfied
Capuccino
Matilda
pigeonwriter
Cynthia
AZWhitefeather
plamenh
Siam Sam
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
Siam Sam
Special Pigeon Angel

Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bangkok!   Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 10:38 pm

Thanks! I hope people can tell what to clink on. Maybe it's just the way my computer is set, but I can't tell those are links in my previous post.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bangkok!   Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 10:41 pm

Henry is a beautiful grizzle. The pictures are spectacular especially the ones with the temple in the background. Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 334215
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bangkok!   Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 10:45 pm

I've been intending to ask you...are there any veterinarians in your area that will treat Pigeons or any rehabers?
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bangkok!   Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 10:49 pm

Siam Sam wrote:
Thanks!
I hope people can tell what to clink on. Maybe it's just the way my computer is set, but I can't tell those are links in my previous post.

I bold the links I post. They seem to stand out a little better. Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 458406
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Siam Sam
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bangkok!   Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 11:03 pm

Matilda wrote:
I've been intending to ask you...are there any veterinarians in your area that will treat Pigeons or any rehabers?

Despite this being something like the 22nd-largest city in the world, resources for pigeons are scarce. There is one small-animal clinic associated with the veterinary college of a major university, and we were told it has a bird doctor on Sundays only. That's all we know of offhand. In fact, when Big and Little Pidgee, our first pigeons, showed up last year and laid their first clutch of eggs, the wife asked a veterinarian friend of hers for advice, and that lady not only admitted not knowing anything about pigeons, but also said she would just destroy the eggs! Serious EEK!! As for rehabbers, forget it. The locals feel if you can catch it, you should eat it.

Way down in the country's deep South, near Malaysia there is a big tradition of keeping songbirds, even entering them in competition. They hold these competitions where you can see hundreds of cages up on poles, all in a field, all the birds singing away. This seems to be more of a Muslim tradition; although Thailand is a Buddhist country, the deep South is Muslim-majority, and you can see the same sort of contests in Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia. But there are probably more bird doctors down in Thailand's South, since so many people there keep birds.

An odd thing happened this morning. The Pretty One actually chased away the Girl, who we think is her daughter. Not once, but twice at least. She's never done that before. We're wondering if maybe she's trying to get her to go out on her own. George(ia) was here too, but the Pretty One did not chase her away. And no Henry today, even though it's noon now. Very strange.
Back to top Go down
Siam Sam
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bangkok!   Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 11:11 pm

Fancyfeathers wrote:
Siam Sam wrote:
Thanks!
I hope people can tell what to clink on. Maybe it's just the way my computer is set, but I can't tell those are links in my previous post.

I bold the links I post. They seem to stand out a little better. Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 458406

Thanks! I just went back and did that. It's much better.
Back to top Go down
Siam Sam
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bangkok!   Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 11:13 pm

[quote="Siam Sam"]
Matilda wrote:
As for rehabbers, forget it. The locals feel if you can catch it, you should eat it.

Well, actually I didn't mean to make it sound quite so cruel. We do see people feeding pigeons rice grains in some neighborhoods, but we've never heard of anyone rescuing a pigeon. But there are people who eat pigeon here.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bangkok!   Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 11:15 pm

Siam Sam wrote:
Fancyfeathers wrote:
Siam Sam wrote:
Thanks!

Thanks! I just went back and did that. It's much better.

Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 142829 You're very welcome.
They do show up better. Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 98152
Back to top Go down
Siam Sam
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bangkok!   Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 10:24 pm

We've moved that large food dish into the flower box. No one's building any nests there now anyway, and everyone keeps dumping the food out onto the balcony floor. This food box is larger than the last one we used, more rectangular and fits nicely between the walls of the flower box, and they can't dump it over inside the flower box. The only drawback now that we can see is only one can eat at a time, unless another one peches on the rim and bends way down, which one or two have been doing. In fact, sometimes they do this anyway, perch on the rim instead of eating from inside the flower box. We'll try this for a while to see how it works, but it seems to be helping make less of a mess out there so far.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bangkok!   Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 10:35 pm

I have some heavy crock pot style pet dishes that the birds can perch on, if they want and because they are so heavy, impossible to tip over. Mine is 8 inches wide and 3 inches deep.... easily accomidates 4 birds at the same time and there is little spillage.
Back to top Go down
Siam Sam
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bangkok!   Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 11:11 pm

[quote="Siam Sam"]
Matilda wrote:
And no Henry today, even though it's noon now. Very strange.

Oh, and Henry did finally show up in the afternoon. Smile
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bangkok!   Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 12:10 am

That's wonderful news. Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 458406
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bangkok!   Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 7:11 am

I'm glad to h ear Henry finally showed up, Sam. Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 458406
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bangkok!   Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 8:41 am

Hi Sam Hi there/Bye loved reading your chronicles. Made me very sad reading about big pidgey and Bob Very sad He was almost like the family pillar...
I too couldn't help getting Seeing red/mad about 'the stranger' and little pidgey...but i guess that's how nature works

Beautiful pics set amidst the temple backdrop and Henry is a magnificent bird I love it/them It was hilarious reading about his 'adventures' with his various girl friends That's too funny

And the situation you mentioned about getting to find any avian vets or rehabbers in Thailand...it is pretty much the same here in India. Makes me want to think, are all Asian countries the same? Oh brother
Back to top Go down
Siam Sam
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bangkok!   Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 8:42 pm

Siam Sam wrote:
Mother and daughter. And again.

Well, make that father and daughter after all. The one we call the Pretty One turns out to be a male! We discovered that this morning (Thursday morning) when he had sex with Little Pidgee out on the balcony! :eek:

We thought Henry was trying to go after the Pretty One too, but it was clearly not as serious as with the Girl, so maybe he was just palling around with him. Dunno. But the Pretty One is definitely a male.

And THEN, not more than 20 minutes after that, Little Pidgee had sex with Henry! Our balcony is turning into a Bangkok brothel. I saw Marty just a day or two ago, so he's still around. But Little Pidgee has been hanging around with the Pretty One for a few days. Has she dumped Marty? Did she finally figure out he's her son? Is her promiscuity a sign of her grief over Big Pidgee?

We approve of her liaisons with the Pretty One or Henry, either one, but we would like to see her eventually settle down with Henry. Would be good to have some more squabs out there.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bangkok!   Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 9:09 pm

Oh My Goodness...I can't keep up! Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 310554
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bangkok!   Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 9:43 pm

Thank you for the update and the new photos, Siam Sam.
Picture(s)/video Picture(s)/video Picture(s)/video Picture(s)/video Picture(s)/video
The temple does make a spectacular backdrop -- I especially liked the photo where Henry is taking flight.
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bangkok!   Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 8:28 am

Siam Sam wrote:
Siam Sam wrote:

Well, make that father and daughter after all. The one we call the Pretty One turns out to be a male! We discovered that this morning (Thursday morning) when he had sex with Little Pidgee out on the balcony! :eek:

We thought Henry was trying to go after the Pretty One too, but it was clearly not as serious as with the Girl, so maybe he was just palling around with him. Dunno. But the Pretty One is definitely a male.

And THEN, not more than 20 minutes after that, Little Pidgee had sex with Henry! Our balcony is turning into a Bangkok brothel. I saw Marty just a day or two ago, so he's still around. But Little Pidgee has been hanging around with the Pretty One for a few days. Has she dumped Marty? Did she finally figure out he's her son? Is her promiscuity a sign of her grief over Big Pidgee?

We approve of her liaisons with the Pretty One or Henry, either one, but we would like to see her eventually settle down with Henry. Would be good to have some more squabs out there.
Hmmm Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 106767
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bangkok!   Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 9:38 am

Siam Sam wrote:
Siam Sam wrote:

Well, make that father and daughter after all.

I have the same situation here. Mikko has his original mate, Pij'ette, as well as his daughter Samantha as his 'secondary' mate (he stays pretty busy tending to two nests Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 573503 , but does a awesome job of it).
They all get along beautifully as long as Sam stays in her own basket.
Case in point:
I can just picture Pij'ette saying this and Sam definitely took heed of it . . . Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 2378
"You get back to your own basket little missy." Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 164371

Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 2006-021
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bangkok!   Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 9:57 pm

I like that picture, Cindy. You caught them at just the right moment!
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bangkok!   Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 11:57 pm

I was watching the whole thing unfold.
It was so funny. Sam decided to hop in her Mom's basket because Mikko was up there and Pij'ette wasn't. She was actually on the other side of the aviary.
I have never seen her move so fast to get back to her basket. Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 16862 Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 16862 Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 164371
Since she doesn't fly well she scales the side of the aviary.

She booted Sam out of that basket so fast, I don't think Sam even knew what happened. Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 164371
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bangkok!   Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 12:51 am

heh had a good laugh reading Sam's capers Cindy That's too funny
Back to top Go down
Siam Sam
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bangkok!   Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 7:07 pm

The mystery of the Pretty One's gender is solved: There are two of them! One must be male and the other female. They both appeared at the same time the other day. Look very similar, but you can see a difference when they're together.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bangkok!   Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 10:21 pm

Did you get a Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 376654 of the two of them?
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bangkok!   Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 9:44 pm

Siam Sam wrote:
The mystery of the Pretty One's gender is solved: There are two of them! One must be male and the other female. They both appeared at the same time the other day. Look very similar, but you can see a difference when they're together.

The mystery is solved, you say? It seems to be getting more involved and confusing each day! confused Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 Suspect ROTFL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bangkok!   Hello from Bangkok! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Bangkok!
Page 3 of 27Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pigeon Angels :: Pigeons and Their Friends :: Balcony Pigeons-
Jump to: