Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

First Night Outside

Go down 
+2
Cynthia
Little Fledgling
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Little Fledgling
Special Pigeon Angel
Little Fledgling

First Night Outside Empty
PostSubject: First Night Outside   First Night Outside Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 2:54 pm

Tweaty has gone outside in his cage for the first time tonight and I'm worried he's going to get cold after being in the house since he arrived. I've tried to keep him outside during the day, but as his new aviary arrives on Tuesday and his new little friend arrives next weekend (courtesy of Janet cheers ), so I thought it was about time!

He's in a large dog cage and I've rigged up a perch for him. He's lived in it for the past two weeks. It's got a cover over it with flaps which I've half zipped up so he doesn't suffocate, and he's inside our summer house. So hardly open to the elements :Rolling eyes: !

He had a good feed of sweetcorn (finger fed, not pecked up the little monkey) before he went to sleep, so hopefully he'll be OK.

Please put my mind at rest and tell me to stop being so stupid!

Wend.
Back to top Go down
Cynthia

Cynthia

PostSubject: Re: First Night Outside   First Night Outside Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 2:58 pm

The weather is mild at the moment so he should be all right.

We have our little Bootsie out in the aviary permanently , but I always go out to put him to bed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeon-aid.pigeon.net/
jamy
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: First Night Outside   First Night Outside Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 5:05 pm

Hi,

Even though mine are indoors but outside, if you know what I mean, I always shut the door at night, ( but not before I wish them all goodnight). Embarassed

I'd left their door open yesterday while we were up in Sheffield and hadn't expected to be getting home so late, but I still went down in the dark with a torch and closed them up for the night when we got home.
Stupid or what, these are birds for heaven's sake, but hey, we're only human ! Hmmm

Janet

ps Wendy, you might want to stock up on water cress, this little one eats me out of house and home anyway, but greens, WOW, he just gobbles them up !
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: First Night Outside   First Night Outside Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 5:11 pm

jamy wrote:
Hi,

Even though mine are indoors but outside, if you know what I mean, I always shut the door at night, ( but not before I wish them all goodnight). First Night Outside Icon_redface

I'd left their door open yesterday while we were up in Sheffield and hadn't expected to be getting home so late, but I still went down in the dark with a torch and closed them up for the night when we got home.
* Stupid or what, these are birds for heaven's sake, but hey, we're only human ! First Night Outside 641122

Janet
* Nope! Not stupid at all. You're just showing the true side of a devoted and loving First Night Outside 514260 First Night Outside Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: First Night Outside   First Night Outside Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 4:23 am

Jamy - you are not stupid at all but only a loving and very caring person. I sometimes too have the feeling I am ridculing myself but then - I just love these birds... First Night Outside 789920
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
Little Fledgling
Special Pigeon Angel
Little Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: First Night Outside   First Night Outside Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 4:26 am

Call me a complete nutter but I spent most of the night either awake or dreaming about Tweaty being outside and being cold. I'm truly pathetic. I was dreading going to him this morning and see his little feet in the air Serious EEK!! but thankfully he was fine.

Yes, they do get under your skin and are the most adoring and affectionate pets. Totally different to how I've always seen them in the past.

Can't wait to get his little mate over to play!

Right, I'm going for a lay down now before I go completely bonkers.
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: First Night Outside   First Night Outside Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 5:27 am

Hi Wendy, I am so glad that I am not the only one who's goin' crazy about the beloved birdies. I check each evening whether they have come home and sleep at their places. Four days ago our Peppi did not come home for the first time and don't ask me how *I* was feeling about this although I knew it was necessary for his selfconfidence.

The next morning he appeared for breakfast, as cheeky as ever...
Since then he has slept inside on the board of my bookshelf again, together with Pina. Hotel Mama apparently was so much more comfortable :That\\\'s so f :That\\\'s so f :That\\\'s so f
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
jamy
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: First Night Outside   First Night Outside Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 10:33 am

Little Fledgling wrote:

Right, I'm going for a lay down now before I go completely bonkers.

LOL. Laughing

It's good to hear others doing and feeling the same way. I had a bad night as I was taking the other juvenile to the rescue centre today, and I absolutely hate the parting. This one had suffered with canker but was wild so I'd kept him until I was sure he was clear and safe to release.
He and little Tweaty's 'to be friend' had started to potter about together more the last couple of days, so I thought I'd better split them up asap if they were going to different places long term.
I phoned a friend who also has Woodies she's hand rearing and asked her if any of hers were ready to go for soft release together. I just couldn't bear to think he'd be on his own. Luckily she had two, so I collected them this morning and took all three so they could be kept together until release.
I always feel better once I get to the rescue centre as there are so many pigeons coming and going from the open aviary and I saw a few juvenile Woodies that had just left the release pen but hanging around to feed. So I know he's in good company.

Janet
Back to top Go down
Little Fledgling
Special Pigeon Angel
Little Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: First Night Outside   First Night Outside Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 10:51 am

We need a big hugs emoticon on here. Poor you - I do feel for you. I absolutely hate saying goodbye to animals. The fact that they don't have the same emotions as us just doesn't seem to make things any easier, does it?

If it would make things better for you, you are more than welcome to come here and release your little Tweaty friend yourself into the aviary so that you can see how they settle in together. It might make things a bit less stressful. Then we can get the kettle on. Very very happy to meet half way though.

Good luck on Thursday with the pooch. We'll be thinking of you.
Wend.
x
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: First Night Outside   First Night Outside Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 11:04 am

jamy wrote:
Hi,

Even though mine are indoors but outside, if you know what I mean, I always shut the door at night, ( but not before I wish them all goodnight). Embarassed

JanetStupid or what, these are birds for heaven's sake, but hey, we're only human ! Hmmm

ps Wendy, you might want to stock up on water cress, this little one eats me out of house and home anyway, but greens, WOW, he just gobbles them up !

ROTFL
I've got to keep that in mind.
I always tuck mine in too. When I turn off the light I say...Good Night Babies.
Back to top Go down
Little Fledgling
Special Pigeon Angel
Little Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: First Night Outside   First Night Outside Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 11:13 am

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Me, do that? Nooooo......

Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
jamy
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: First Night Outside   First Night Outside Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 12:29 pm

Little Fledgling wrote:
Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Me, do that? Nooooo......

Embarassed Embarassed

Bet You DOoooooo !!! That's too funny
Back to top Go down
Little Fledgling
Special Pigeon Angel
Little Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: First Night Outside   First Night Outside Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 12:32 pm

Embarassed I've just done it and have been doing it ever since I've had my little one Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
jamy
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: First Night Outside   First Night Outside Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 1:20 pm

Little Fledgling wrote:

If it would make things better for you, you are more than welcome to come here and release your little Tweaty friend yourself into the aviary so that you can see how they settle in together. It might make things a bit less stressful. Then we can get the kettle on. Very very happy to meet half way though.
x

That offer is very tempting, (I'll do anything for a cuppa!!).

I'd have definitely taken you up on that if I'd come on a weekday, might have to go for the half way meet if it's ok, slightly more difficult to disappear all day Sunday.
I hope it won't be quite as hard to part, knowing she's going to be safe and loved, and hopefully can follow their antics through PA. ( well I hope you'll keep us busy with photos and stories of the little friends). Circle of Love

I have to admit I'm indulging myself and spoiling her this week. First Night Outside 789920
Normally would never let them feed from my hand or land on me if they're to go for release.
I got such a big welcome earlier when I got back and she was jumping all over me. She's so sweet.
It's so funny to watch my other bird's reactions as they aren't tame at all and none of them happily let me touch them. Their expressions are priceless. You never know they might learn something from watching her. First Night Outside 23878

Janet
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: First Night Outside   First Night Outside Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 2:51 pm

Little Fledgling wrote:

We need a big hugs emoticon on here.

How about a 'group' hug emoticon. First Night Outside Icon_biggrin
First Night Outside 6049
Back to top Go down
Little Fledgling
Special Pigeon Angel
Little Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: First Night Outside   First Night Outside Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 3:03 pm

That's lovely - thank you.
Jumpin for joy
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: First Night Outside   First Night Outside Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 3:09 pm

Little Fledgling wrote:
That's lovely - thank you.
First Night Outside 344674
You bet. First Night Outside Icon_wink
It's about 2/3's of the way down the emoticon list.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: First Night Outside   First Night Outside Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 5:52 pm

Fancyfeathers wrote:
Little Fledgling wrote:

We need a big hugs emoticon on here.

How about a 'group' hug emoticon. First Night Outside Icon_biggrin
First Night Outside 6049

Great idea...works for me. Happy
Back to top Go down
Little Fledgling
Special Pigeon Angel
Little Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: First Night Outside   First Night Outside Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 3:41 am

I'm a bit worried about Tweaty this morning. He was fine when I went into him in the summer house this morning. He'd been in his cage all night and was covered with the cage cover. He had a little bit to eat, but not much which is usual for him as it was only around half past 6.

I went in again about 9am and couldn't see him. He was underneath one of the cane settees we have in there.

He was ever so quiet. He didn't want to feed and so I brought him back inside thinking he was either cold or hungry, or had fallen off something after trying to fly. He's a bit clumsy still.

He's had some warm peas (his first real meal of the day at 10am) and is now dozing sitting on the large pot full of straw that l give him to nestle in. He's not showing any interest in his seed bottle, but has had a root around for fallen seed in his straw.

Any ideas? I'm terrified I'm going to lose him. :(
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: First Night Outside   First Night Outside Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 6:58 am

Is he doing any better?
Back to top Go down
Little Fledgling
Special Pigeon Angel
Little Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: First Night Outside   First Night Outside Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 7:08 am

I've started another thread on it. Not sure how to post think though!

He's doing a bit better - he's a little more perky but not himself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Night Outside   First Night Outside Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Night Outside
Page 1 of 1