Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Wish him luck please!

Go down 
+3
AZWhitefeather
Cynthia
LesleyA
7 posters
AuthorMessage
LesleyA

Wish him luck please! Empty
PostSubject: Wish him luck please!   Wish him luck please! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 3:26 pm

Well our fledgling Woody is eating well and very wild - desperate to get out in fact.

We have a reasonable spell of weather forecast here starting tomorrow, so we are thinking of setting him free in the morning. There are several small groups of young woodies around, so we hope he will join them and have some company whilst he adjusts to being in the big wild world. Obviously once he's gone we probably won't be able to recognise him from the others any more. We did think of putting one of our pigeon rings on him, just so we could identify him but as we think his legs might end up being slightly thicker than our domestic pigeons, we don't want to risk causing him any problems in the future.

Keep your fingers crossed for him and wish him luck for us. pigeon 1
Back to top Go down
Cynthia

Cynthia

PostSubject: Re: Wish him luck please!   Wish him luck please! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 4:22 pm

I hope that he will be OK...put food down for the wild ones before releasing him, and release him from a place that doesn't disturb them so he has a good chance of mingling. . If you put down food and clean water daily he will have back up if he doesn't forage well.

Good luck, little one!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeon-aid.pigeon.net/
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Wish him luck please!   Wish him luck please! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 4:54 pm

Will be 'thinking positive thoughts', Leslie . Wish him luck please! 142829

Wish him luck please! 735397 "Wishing you the best little Woodie." Wish him luck please! 735397
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Wish him luck please!   Wish him luck please! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 8:06 pm

Good luck, Woody! pigeon 1
Back to top Go down
jamy
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Wish him luck please!   Wish him luck please! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 3:49 am

I wish your Woodie all the luck and food in the world. Hi there/Bye

I've just been watching a youngster and two adults feeding in the garden, they're quite regular at the moment as I always throw my birds seeds out when I re-fill their pots.

As Cynthia said, if you pop some food around he'll always have a back-up.

Well done for getting him to this stage, heart in the mouth moment. :moo:

Good luck little one. Hi there/Bye I love it/them Hi there/Bye
Back to top Go down
Little Fledgling
Special Pigeon Angel
Little Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Wish him luck please!   Wish him luck please! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 5:02 am

Well done on getting this far. Can't wait to hear how you get on. I throw out the seed from the aviary onto the grass and all the wild pigeons come down to feed. My two love it. Sometimes I hanker after seeing them fly free, but there's no way they'd survive so I put those thoughts firmly to the back of my mind!
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Wish him luck please!   Wish him luck please! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 6:29 am

Celebrating Celebrating Good luck, little one Celebrating Celebrating
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
LesleyA

PostSubject: Re: Wish him luck please!   Wish him luck please! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 1:28 pm

Thanks for replies.

We let him out at about 10.30 this morning, and he flew straight up to the tree where his original nest was. This was more co-incidence than anything. as its the closest large tree to the house. Its fill of ivy so he has plenty of cover. He stayed there most of the day - not sure if he came down to eat or drink at all as we were out for a few hours this afternoon. At dusk he started moving further up the tree, as the sun went down, so he was nearly up to the level where his nest was by the time it was dark. His parents are still around and they often roost in the same tree, but obviously I don't think they'd recognise him as their own!

We have put a large open tray of food outside, and have both a pond (where we originally rescued him from) and a small stream in the garden, so he has plenty of natural water. Our own pet pigeons have been coming and going all day, but he doesn't seem to want anything to do with them.

I hope he will be OK. Its always so difficult to know when is the right time, but the weather is set fair for the next few days, which should hopefully give him a good start. Its up to him now really. Thanks for all your good wishes for him, and the help and advice I have had to my previous posts here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wish him luck please!   Wish him luck please! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wish him luck please!
Page 1 of 1