Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Trying to Name.

Go down 
+5
Jenaka
AZWhitefeather
NiteOwl
Matilda
Naunnie
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Naunnie

Naunnie

Trying to Name. Empty
PostSubject: Trying to Name.   Trying to Name. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 5:47 pm

They are so in love, and I want to do them proud. Trying to Name. 01310
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Trying to Name. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trying to Name.   Trying to Name. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 6:11 pm

They are beautiful. Now let's hear the story behind how they came to live with you. Happy
We love stories and pictures. Laughing
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

Trying to Name. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trying to Name.   Trying to Name. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 9:38 pm

Yes. We want to hear their story. They're adorable. How long have you had them? How did you come about getting them?
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Trying to Name. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trying to Name.   Trying to Name. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:32 pm

What a couple of cuties, Naunnie. Trying to Name. 52853
Trying to Name. 686336 for sharing the with us.

Yes, we would enjoy reading the story about them. Trying to Name. Readin17
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Jenaka
Special Pigeon Angel
Jenaka

Trying to Name. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trying to Name.   Trying to Name. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 2:44 pm

They're a lovely couple, how about Tristan and Isolde? I love it/them
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/PigeonFriend
Tech
Special Pigeon Angel

Trying to Name. Empty
PostSubject: Very adorable   Trying to Name. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 2:59 pm

uuummm, Id like to touch those two!
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Trying to Name. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trying to Name.   Trying to Name. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 3:48 pm

Tech wrote:
uuummm, Id like to touch those two!
I understand why you want to do that. They really are adorable.
Back to top Go down
wolfwood
Special Pigeon Angel
wolfwood

Trying to Name. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trying to Name.   Trying to Name. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 12:59 pm

They look like "Heaven" and "Earth" .... to me
Back to top Go down
http://4winds.zenfolio.com
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

Trying to Name. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trying to Name.   Trying to Name. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 1:11 pm

They are so pretty. And so white. How about Snow and Ice.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Trying to Name. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trying to Name.   Trying to Name. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 2:26 pm

You guys are posting some great 'name' suggestions. Trying to Name. 142829
Back to top Go down
Naunnie

Naunnie

Trying to Name. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trying to Name.   Trying to Name. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 3:13 pm

Wow! Thanks so much for all your suggestions. I am having a hard time naming them now! Y'all made suggestions I would NEVER have thought of. I am so touched. Circle of Love

Well...I have only had them since last Sat. My husband got a call from a guy he used to work with, and asked Joe if his wife would be interested in a pair of doves. He knew someone that had a pair he "REALLY SHOULD" find another home for. Joe said "oh yes, how much $$ !!!!". Phone numbers were exchanged and we went to get them. It was unbelievable! Heaven help me For these birds to still be alive and in pretty good health is amazing. Moldy hay, filthy water, old moldy seed, and lots of poop. YUK I loaded them in a cat carrier, loaded the cote, paid the man, and rushed home. While Joe bleached and pressure washed their cote, I placed them into a smaller cage. They didn't know weather to eat, drink, or bathe first. Then I noticed the hen band was too way too tight. It was one of the spiral kind, We cut it in 4 different places to get it off. It was soo embedded. The cocks band was okay, but we cut it off too. I think her band must have like that for a while. No infection or blood, just crusty. She was quite the little trooper while I cleaned and medicated her little leg. By the next morning, almost all the swelling was gone. Happy

We have been working on improvements to the cote besides the cleaning. Took out the divider, put in new perch's, and installed better door latches. They are used to being outside, so we set it up on the front porch. I'll post pictures soon. It's well made and kinda neat. They can get into the attic and I can too!

The previous owner bought these birds to use in his photography studio. He admitted he did not know anything about birds, but thought they would make him a lot of money. :WHAT?: Seeing red/mad

Well...I could careless about any money, but I bet we will take many beautiful pictures of this loving pair. I am so glad we were able to rescue them. The is just nothing more soothing than to hear their cooing. Cute Dove Thanks again for name suggestions. I'll run them by Joe and let ya know. Naunnie
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

Trying to Name. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trying to Name.   Trying to Name. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 3:22 pm

Oh what a nice story. Thanks for sharing it. I'm glad they are now with you where they will be loved and cared for. I'll never understand how people, who are supposed to have the brains and compassion can treat life so lightly, when it comes to the other creatures that were created by God. Lucky little guys to have their story end up with you. So many out there that don't. Thanks for being that kind of person. We will be looking forward to more updates on these guys.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Trying to Name. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trying to Name.   Trying to Name. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 4:36 pm

Thank you for sharing the story of the two little dovey's, Naunnie.

It's so incredibly sad how some disregard a life.

I'm thrilled that you were able to rescue them from the deplorable conditions they were forced into.

Yes, indeed, please to take lots of pictures. Trying to Name. 376654 And then be sure to post them. We love, love, love pictures. Trying to Name. 7471

Will be looking forward to future updates. Trying to Name. 458406
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

Trying to Name. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trying to Name.   Trying to Name. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 4:46 pm

I just wanted to tell you Cindy, that that bird in your avitar is one of the most beautiful birds I have seen. I always look at your comments and think that. Just wanted to tell you that.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Trying to Name. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trying to Name.   Trying to Name. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 4:55 pm

NiteOwl wrote:
I just wanted to tell you Cindy, that that bird in your avitar is one of the most beautiful birds I have seen. I always look at your comments and think that. Just wanted to tell you that.

Trying to Name. 753594 That's Mikko in one of his 'macho' poses. Trying to Name. 164371
I have to admit, that is one of my favorite pictures. Trying to Name. 334215
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

Trying to Name. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trying to Name.   Trying to Name. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 5:35 pm

Fancyfeathers wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:

Trying to Name. 753594 That's Mikko in one of his 'macho' poses. Trying to Name. 164371

Well he's gorgeous.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

Trying to Name. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trying to Name.   Trying to Name. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 7:29 pm

Naunnie, your new protegees are adorable! I'm so glad that they were able to escape their filthy prison to come and live with you, to be cared for and loved. God bless your kind heart! Whatever names you and Joe go for, I wish you mountains of happiness.

Talking about names, I would probably do something daft like calling them Nir and Vana, cause when you put them together you get happiness and love! Tickled Pink
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

Trying to Name. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trying to Name.   Trying to Name. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 7:31 pm

NiteOwl wrote:
Fancyfeathers wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:

Well he's gorgeous.

I agree
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Trying to Name. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trying to Name.   Trying to Name. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 10:06 pm

Trying to Name. 686336 Teresa. Trying to Name. 458406
Back to top Go down
Peteysgrl

Peteysgrl

Trying to Name. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trying to Name.   Trying to Name. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 10:22 am

Jenaka wrote:
They're a lovely couple, how about Tristan and Isolde? I love it/them

I love that Tristan and Isolde would be so great...or just Tris and Izzy for short.... flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trying to Name. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trying to Name.   Trying to Name. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trying to Name.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pigeon Angels :: Pigeons and Their Friends :: Pigeon and Dove Chit Chat-
Jump to: