Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Upcoming Pigeon Show

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

Upcoming Pigeon Show Empty
PostSubject: Upcoming Pigeon Show   Upcoming Pigeon Show Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 12:06 am

My husband and I are excited that the Rhode Island Racing Club will be holding a show on March 1. That's next Sunday. And New England Pigeon Supply will be there as well. This will be our second Pigeon show. We enjoyed the last one we went to in December. Maybe we'll find a cute little female for our Screech. He's hit the teenage years, and is acting awful. Much like his Daddy Bishop, our Giant Homer who thinks he runs the loft. We didn't buy any pigeons our last show, although we saw a few we liked. We have taken in a lot of rescues this past year that we have had the loft, and summer is coming. Don't want to crowd the birds, and I'm sure there will be more this year. But we just might look for a cute little female for him. That might settle him down some. He's a beauty, and big like Daddy. His Mom is one of our original little ferral rescues. So we'll let you know how it goes after the show on Sunday.
Upcoming Pigeon Show 019-Copy-Copy
Here is a pic of Screech, my October "oops" baby. He's even prettier now, since his molt. I'll have to get a more recent picture of him.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Pigeon Show   Upcoming Pigeon Show Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 11:43 am

Screech is adorable. It seems all the males need to go through a bit of awfullness bebore they settle

down. it's the same with human teenagers, you know. Laughing

I've never been to a Pigeon show. It would be interesting to see all the breeds.

You with your camera skills and your ability to take amazing pictures, Smile ... I'm expecting

some pictures

and a full report. YOU rock
Back to top Go down
Jenaka
Special Pigeon Angel
Jenaka

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Pigeon Show   Upcoming Pigeon Show Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 5:32 pm

That's a great picture of Screech. He's quite handsome! :)

I went to my first pigeon show a few months ago. It was very nice seeing all the different breeds. But the sale room...yikes I could have walked out with a lot of birds. There were beautiful ones for one dollar each and one guy wanted to give me a box of birds for free. I did take one free bird as I needed a hen for a cock I have, who like Screech is young and needed to settle down. I felt bad leaving the others behind. Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/PigeonFriend
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Pigeon Show   Upcoming Pigeon Show Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 6:31 pm

Screech is absolutely stunning. Smile
I know you'll have a grand time at the show and yes, we'd love to see some photos. Jumpin for joy

Last edited by Fancyfeathers on Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Pigeon Show   Upcoming Pigeon Show Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 6:38 pm

Jenaka wrote:
That's a great picture of Screech. He's quite handsome! :)

I went to my first pigeon show a few months ago. It was very nice seeing all the different breeds.

* But the sale room...yikes I could have walked out with a lot of birds.

There were beautiful ones for one dollar each and one guy wanted to give me a box of birds for free. I did take one free bird as I needed a hen for a cock I have, who like Screech is young and needed to settle down. I felt bad leaving the others behind. Very sad
* Your will power must have been tremendous. That would be hard not to take them all.
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Screech after recent Moult   Upcoming Pigeon Show Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 7:52 am

Actually, Screech just recently finished his first moult. And I just got a pic of him. Here is my naughty teenager.
Upcoming Pigeon Show Screechat4mos Upcoming Pigeon Show Screech4mos3

Doesn't he look different. I think he is still beautiful. But quite the handful right now. LOL.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Pigeon Show   Upcoming Pigeon Show Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 9:44 am

Ah...Screech is beautiful. Smile

Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Pigeon Show   Upcoming Pigeon Show Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 12:44 pm

Screech is such a beautiful pij.

I see he lost a lot of his dark feathers.
Dumpling did the same thing after her first molt. She had a lot of brown feathers and lost most of them. She's nearly all white now.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Pigeon Show   Upcoming Pigeon Show Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 7:31 pm

Well...did you go to the show or where you snowed in? Having a bad day

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Pigeon Show   Upcoming Pigeon Show Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Upcoming Pigeon Show
Page 1 of 1