Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

I said I wasn't gonna....

Go down 
+2
Matilda
AZJourney
6 posters
AuthorMessage
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

I said I wasn't gonna.... Empty
PostSubject: I said I wasn't gonna....   I said I wasn't gonna.... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 3:29 pm

WELL.........................................I said I wasn't gonna add anyMORE.....and, I am slowing realizing that the older I get .. I do more of what I say I wasn't gonna do! . I have NO idea ..BUT>> I just couldn't help it! Sorry

Over the Thanksgiving Holiday, Jim called and asked if I could watch a rescue he had... some of you may have read about him on PT. Jim thought the bird had been cat attacked and so a PT member was kind enough to send him meds for the bird. After talking to Jim .. he said.."Well if you wouldn't mind I have one other I'd like to bring to you to watch as well; that I need to find a home for... so, I said No- problem, bring her along!

He dropped the birds off few days before Thanksgiving. The injuried one went straight into the bathroom ... he has canker and POX I believe. I've treated the canker with Spartrix for 5 days..and it is getting MUCH better... The pox will run it's course. He was in horrible shape, poor guy. Covered in grease and blood... had mites...is way under weight... He's been here for a week and looks almost like a brand new bird. He has gotten many Dawn bubble baths... his feet covered in scabs are finally healing and he gets a slathered neosporin foot rub 2x's a day. After getting through all the muck and grease .. I can only find one injury and that is in his chest area that has a scab that is getting ready to fall off. Skin under the scab look good and healthy. I'm assuming that his story goes ... that he was shot and after he was shot he crashed into something because his beak and chest were caked with dried blood. Assuming that after his injuries he had a hard time finding food and fending for himself... and his immune system got the best of him. I hand feed him 3x's a day...along with Arnica pelet for the residual inflamation. I've no idea if my theory of being shot is correct, although I find no other areas of injury. His upper beak was loose after all the crusty blood and gunk came off and almost seems to be re-growing underneath/inside his palate...(((is that possible????)))I will try to get some pictures... He reminds me daily that he is getting better and has the WING- POP to go along with his attutide!... It's good to see that he hates me so much.. makes me smile.. Happy . because he will need to be afraid when he is released. I've asked Jim to keep him until he is able to be soft released. So until he goes... we've named him Crash!

Next is a feral that Jim came across that had canker about a month ago ... she has been treated.. and visually I see no signs of it. Same flock as the bird above we are assuming. She shows no sign of POX. So I will keep a close eye on her. She is only a few months old... and I hope I am correct in saying she.. LOL.. you know how that goes... she is human imprinted...and is SUCH a snuggle bunny... she loves to be where I am and when I leave the room she flys to my shoulder.. she preenes my ear and will snuggle in the crook of my neck.. awww....smell of clean pijie feathers... she had ME!

I wasn't gonna have ANYMORE... :For Shame: THAT is what I said.. I swore to it!... <<humff>> Needless to say ... ZOE... is now our newest addition to our gang!. I just couldn't part with her. I love it/them She is THE most sweetest bird... I thought our white homer Willow was tame.. but Zoe... is So human it isn't even funny. Today she is feeling a little under the weather Disappointed so I have gave her an Appertex...and a comfy place to snuggle in with a heat lamp... I will be keeping a close eye on her. I gave her collidal silver drops and HOPE that she gets well. I'm attaching pictures of Zoe...I don't have any of Crash yet...

I said I wasn't gonna.... Christ10
I said I wasn't gonna.... Christ11
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: I said I wasn't gonna....   I said I wasn't gonna.... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 6:14 pm

Oh You...What are we gonna do with ya'?
Is Zoe always so puffy and sleepy? Is she thin?
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: I said I wasn't gonna....   I said I wasn't gonna.... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 6:33 pm

Matilda wrote:
Oh You...What are we gonna do with ya'?
Is Zoe always so puffy and sleepy? Is she thin?

Yes ... she is thin... I give her peas which she scarfs right out of my hand, on top of, I leave out her pigeon mix which she picks at. Today...she has been puffy and sleepy ALL day. She has stayed under the heat lamp today. Her poops are a tad off too... so I gave her the Appertex this morning.... poops are greenish..... and urates more yellowish... Shes been fine until today with the exception of puffing up at night on her perch. is there anything else that I need to do? If so, just let me know.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: I said I wasn't gonna....   I said I wasn't gonna.... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 6:36 pm

Yellow urates are usually an indication of infection that is affecting the liver. Do the poops smell at all?
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: I said I wasn't gonna....   I said I wasn't gonna.... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 6:39 pm

no. they have no smell... Im going to go take a picture!
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: I said I wasn't gonna....   I said I wasn't gonna.... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 6:44 pm

OK...I'm going to lock the chickens up and I'll be back in a bit to have a look at the picture.
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: I said I wasn't gonna....   I said I wasn't gonna.... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 7:23 pm

Here they are: These ones are newer and are worse than this morning......
I said I wasn't gonna.... Misc_010

I said I wasn't gonna.... Misc_011

Last edited by AZJourney on Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: I said I wasn't gonna....   I said I wasn't gonna.... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 7:24 pm

That doesn't look good at all. What antibiotics to you have?
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: I said I wasn't gonna....   I said I wasn't gonna.... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 7:28 pm

Baytril, Amoxicillian, Terramycin and I have very little liquid Doxycycline.
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: I said I wasn't gonna....   I said I wasn't gonna.... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 8:47 pm

Thank you Charis... Thank You . for all your help...and for listening to me rant Mad about my day yesterday! I'm off I said I wasn't gonna.... 193770 to go start Zoe on her meds! I'll keep you posted!
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: I said I wasn't gonna....   I said I wasn't gonna.... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 8:48 pm

I said I wasn't gonna.... 333746
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: I said I wasn't gonna....   I said I wasn't gonna.... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 10:21 pm

Jenn...........Little Zoe is just precious.........sounds like a real little sweetheart. When they are so lovable you can't help getting attached.

I hope whatever is aliling her you have nipped in the bud and that she gets better and back to normal real soon.

Louise
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: I said I wasn't gonna....   I said I wasn't gonna.... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 11:15 pm

Hi Jenn, I said I wasn't gonna.... 333746
My goodness, it sounds like Crash has had quite a time of it. I said I wasn't gonna.... Icon_cry
I am so glad you were able to take him under your wing and care for him. I said I wasn't gonna.... 458406
I hope he continues to recover with any problems.

Zoe is a very pretty little pij. Her droppings definitely don't look so good. I said I wasn't gonna.... Kopfschuettel
I hope things improve real soon.

Please keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: I said I wasn't gonna....   I said I wasn't gonna.... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 8:00 am

Feeling great Wishing for a speedy recovery. Feeling great

YUK Those poops! They will get better.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: I said I wasn't gonna....   I said I wasn't gonna.... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 9:13 am

How are things going, Jenn?
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: I said I wasn't gonna....   I said I wasn't gonna.... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 10:30 am

Jenn.............Thinking of you and little Zoe.........wondering how she is doing today?
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: I said I wasn't gonna....   I said I wasn't gonna.... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 10:31 am

Fancyfeathers wrote:

I started her on her antibiotic last night...and she ate some more peas.... I said I wasn't gonna.... 142829 This morning, I gave her a Spartrix and will contiune to give it to her for 5 days...and the antibiotic for 10 days.

When I went to go wake her up this morning to give her spartrix, this is how I found her all snuggled up with her puppy.... her eyes and that LOOK just melts my heart! I hope she starts to feel better by tonight.

I'm going to start a seperate thread for Poor Crash~ Disappointed

I said I wasn't gonna.... Christ12
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: I said I wasn't gonna....   I said I wasn't gonna.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 9:00 pm

How is Zoe doing? Has she improved after the antibiotics?
Back to top Go down
Tech
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: I said I wasn't gonna....   I said I wasn't gonna.... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 11:22 am

AZJourney wrote:
Fancyfeathers wrote:

I started her on her antibiotic last night...and she ate some more peas.... I said I wasn't gonna.... 142829 This morning, I gave her a Spartrix and will contiune to give it to her for 5 days...and the antibiotic for 10 days.

When I went to go wake her up this morning to give her spartrix, this is how I found her all snuggled up with her puppy.... her eyes and that LOOK just melts my heart! I hope she starts to feel better by tonight.

I'm going to start a seperate thread for Poor Crash~ Disappointed

I said I wasn't gonna.... Christ12

I luv this photo. Look at the eye.
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: I said I wasn't gonna....   I said I wasn't gonna.... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 7:21 pm

OMGosh TECH!!! Great job me too... her eyes LOOK that way all the time... it is THE most sweetest thing ever and she is SOOOOO TAME!!

Zoe is feeling a little better, she still puffs up...and is sleeping a lot ... Here's her poops as of last night.
I said I wasn't gonna.... Zoe_po10
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: I said I wasn't gonna....   I said I wasn't gonna.... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 7:24 pm

Hi Jenn, I said I wasn't gonna.... 333746
Zoe's I said I wasn't gonna.... 638569 looks much improved from the original pictures you posted.
Appreciate the scoop on the poop. I said I wasn't gonna.... 164371 I said I wasn't gonna.... 164371
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I said I wasn't gonna....   I said I wasn't gonna.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I said I wasn't gonna....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pigeon Angels :: Pigeons and Their Friends :: Pigeon and Dove Pets-
Jump to: