Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Hair (not string) Injury

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Hair (not string) Injury Empty
PostSubject: Hair (not string) Injury   Hair (not string) Injury Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 8:27 am

Kim called me Monday evening about one of her 'resident' ferals that was limping. Upon capture she noticed it had string wrapped around it's foot.

Generally four hands are better than two, so she brought the little one over.
While she was on her way, I called Charis to run through the drill of removing it.
She went through your list, Cynthia, and it was a tremendous help. Happy

When I started to remove it, we discovered it was human hair that was entangled around the foot. After about 90 minutes of working on it, I was confident we had removed all the hair.
Thankfully, there was just a touch of bleeding involved. Not even enough to wipe off. Hair (not string) Injury 44767

Before and after removal photos, as well as a photo of some of the hair that was removed, can be viewed by clicking on the following link.

Here's the link to Cynthia's String injury thread.
Hair/String removal photos

Kim called last evening to update and said the foot was still pretty swollen. I'm guessing it will take a little time for the swelling to disperse. If it hasn't gone down in a day or two, we will revisit the possibility that there is still some hair connected.

The pij looked to be in great condition otherwise. A good amount of muscle around the keel bone, nice white wattle, very alert and good poops. :YAHOO:

Cynthia, do you have anything to add that we might need to look for?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com

Hair (not string) Injury
Page 1 of 1