Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

We may have found a PMV pigeon

Go down 
+6
Joyfulsongtree
AZJourney
Matilda
spdevanand
AZWhitefeather
priya
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
spdevanand
Special Pigeon Angel
spdevanand

We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 10:48 am

Matilda wrote:
Anyone on the list here? Can the veterinary college help or make a referral?

https://pij-n-angels.forumotion.net/pigeon-resources-f8/matilda-s-list-india-t302.htm

From the past experience with all of the folks here, they were not good in handling any birds. I will try speaking to the Veterinary College folks and see if they can do something too.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 11:00 am

What about these places...might one of them now a vet in your city that treats birds?

Charity Birds Hospital
Shri Digambar Jain Lal Mandir Ji,
Opposite Red Fort,
Chandni Chowk,
Delhi -110006.
Phone: 32909216.
(Contact Person - Shri Pankaj Jain, Superintendent)

Charitable Birds Hospital,
Shri Vijayanand Sureshwar Jain Sewa Trust,
H-48, Near Corporation Pump,
Navin Shahdara,
Delhi - 110032.
Phone: 22825088
Back to top Go down
spdevanand
Special Pigeon Angel
spdevanand

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 8:36 am

Guys,

Had a terrible experience with the Vet again. I am just in tears and can't explain the pain in words. First I spoke to the 'People For Animals' shelter's vet over phone and he asked me to bring the bird to shelter for examining it. I took the bird and reached the shelter, explained him the condition of bird, told him not to open the cage till I close the door, was moving towards the door to close it, but he opened the cage and was trying to take the bird out before even I closed the door, immediately the bird flew to door and sat on top of it, I tried to close the door, without scaring the bird more but it just saw outside and flew off!!!!!!!!!!! He flew for a long distance, we ran behind but for no use. The place where he flew towards is like semi-jungle, human just can't enter there. I donno what to update here more. This is what the vets here are capable of.

I just donno how this bird will survive :(( it is a very bad summer in India now. I really wish I had some other option :(( every drop of water that I drink makes me feel guilty about how much this bird must be hunting for water :((
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 9:36 am

I'm so sorry.. unbelievable tragedy....there are no words We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 5 319297 ... We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 5 Icon_pale
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 9:39 am

A post thought...he will return to where he was found...he will return to his flock and possiblly his mate if he has one. Priya may be able to keep an eye on him.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 9:45 am

I am so very sorry for what has happened, Dev. Very sad
Why anyone would begin to open the cage door before the room is secured, especially with your warning, is beyond me. Seeing red/mad

Again, I am so sorry. Group hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 12:15 pm

I don't know if you can get snap on bands for Pigeons, but if you can't, I can order some more and send them to you, Dev. Every time you find a sick feral, you can put a band on it. That way, when they are released or if they accidently get out, you will be able to recognize them.
I can't find your address so it would be good to email it to me again.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 12:22 pm

Kim puts snap on bands on the rescues she is able to release. She also keeps a log on the bird and included the band number.
It's pretty incredible how many have actually returned to her for whatever reason. But she at least knows they have been there previously. We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 5 142829
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 1:05 pm

How stupid is that Dev - I am so sorry that this happened. Very sad This is a nightmare! I am always checking several times where my pijjies are when I want to open the balcony door - don't want to imagine what would happen when one of them would escape only because I was not careful enough.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
Joyfulsongtree
Guardian Angel
Joyfulsongtree

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 6:52 pm

Matilda wrote:
A post thought...he will return to where he was found...he will return to his flock and possiblly his mate if he has one. Priya may be able to keep an eye on him.

I feel so bad that this happened Dev and have been thinking of you and Priya, hoping that this pijii shows up at her apartment for food again soon.

Bless you both,
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 3:39 pm

Dev and Priya,

I'm so sorry that somehow I've missed reading this thread for several days. Sorry
I was horrified when I read that the vet had allowed the pigeon to escape! Seeing red/mad That was unbelievably irresponsible of him!

On the other hand, I have some information that may help you feel better. As Charis said, he may well go back to the area where Priya first found him, but one way or the other, there's a good chance he will make it:
I found Scarlet unable to fly and bleeding from a wing. On examination, I found a puncture wound and started her on a course of antibiotics -- just like you did. Two days later, the wound looked like this

We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 5 DSCNB3712-r283

and shortly after, the scab became a thick lump, almost black. I don't have a photo of it at that stage, but it looked similar to the picture you posted, and similar to a tumour. The area around it had quite a bit of yellow. I bathed it daily with a solution of iodine, and after the scab fell off the wound started to dry up and the yellow returned to a normal colour.
By then she was able to fly, like yours, and after she was released she has been doing really well back in the wild. My heart tells me that much the same may have happened to your bird, and that once he was able to fly well enough to escape, he was well on the road to recovery.
So take heart, and have faith in a pigeon's incredible powers of recovery!
God bless you both for your gentle, caring hearts! Circle of Love

I will pray for protection and guidance for your little patient, that he can find water and food and be safe.
I'll leave you with a picture of a fully recovered Scarlet, back with her flock.

We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 5 SDC17770
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 3:54 pm

Teresa...I'm so glad you shared this story with us. I know Dev is discouraged and sad because this happened.
I'm going to email to him your post.
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:33 pm

Dev...........I just caught up with this thread.

I am so sorry Very sad about what you experienced at the Vet. How very irresponsible, especially after you had warned him to wait until the door was closed.

What a horrible experience for you to suffer and endure.

I sincerly hope and pray the bird will return back to Pirya.

Louise
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:12 pm

Thanks for sharing your story, Teresa. We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 5 142829
We can all benefit from positive reenforcement. :Yes:
Back to top Go down
rattyfied
Special Pigeon Angel
rattyfied

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:46 pm

Not feeling well Disappointed how heartbreaking - thinking of you both, Dev and Priya
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rattyfied/sets/
spdevanand
Special Pigeon Angel
spdevanand

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 3:12 am

Hey Guys,

I am sorry I was not able to visit here from last week. And thank you everyone for your care. We are still not able to believe / accept whatever happened Very sad but just hoping that the poor bird does not undergo anymore problems.

The place from where we found this bird initially and where it escaped is around 10 KMs from each other. He was not baby bird, he should have been around 5-6 months atleast, so he knows how to survive in the outside world. I donno if he will be able to find his way back to his origin since the distance is 10KMs approximately Very sad

However few things that makes us have hope on his survival are, after the 14 days of Baytril, his head tossing was completely stopped. He was able to peck the food from bowl, drink water on his own. He was even desperate to come out of the cage when I had him at home. From the shelter, when he flew out, he was just like any other bird and dint seem to have any problems with flying. The shelter is surrounded by lot of trees & small river with running water for around 2 kms. After that, there are house and buildings. So he should not have lot of trouble in finding water but I donno if he can find any food in that area as they are grain eaters Very sad

We are only worried about the wound which was not getting better and that is why I took him to the clinic. We are just hoping that the nature and god allows his wound to be healed soon and gives him his life back.

We have also decided to not have any hope on *any vet* here since they all treat our birds / animals very irresponsibly. I understand that I cannot become a professional vet but I believe with our love, care, responsible actions and of-course your help, I can give my birds / animals a better treatment and home.

Thanks everyone for your words.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 7:45 am

Hi Dev, Hi there/Bye
It's great to hear from you.

That sweet little pij may not have been ready for release, but the care and attention you gave him has at least given him a chance. We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 5 142829
I am so sorry the vets available to you are as irresponsible as you say. That's too bad. :For Shame:
Please be rest assured we will do whatever we can to assist you and Priya with any situation you come across. Wink Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 9:21 am

I'm glad to hear form you, Dev. This has been very haunting story. It may help you to know that I have had feral Pigeons return from miles farther away than 10 .

Fot me this would have been even more tragic if the bird jhad still been having the same issues from when he was found. It's good that he was wild and had his strength back. I think he let you know what he wanted.

We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 5 6049
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 12:38 pm

Dev and Priya...
Here's a link to rehabbers that will treat birds in India. They are members of the same organization I am a member. This organization has great training and it could be you can attend the classes. Anyway...it's a possibility.
Check it out...

http://www.wildlifeinternational.org/EN/public/emergency/rehabresults.cfm?Specialties=Birds&Country=IN&Prov=&City=&Submit=Search
Back to top Go down
spdevanand
Special Pigeon Angel
spdevanand

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 9:30 am

Matilda wrote:
Dev and Priya...
Here's a link to rehabbers that will treat birds in India. They are members of the same organization I am a member. This organization has great training and it could be you can attend the classes. Anyway...it's a possibility.
Check it out...

http://www.wildlifeinternational.org/EN/public/emergency/rehabresults.cfm?Specialties=Birds&Country=IN&Prov=&City=&Submit=Search

Thanks Charis for sharing this. I am also a member of "Compassion Unlimited Plus Action" and know few guys from there. They are good with animals but not very co-operative when you request them to take the birds. If there is a need badly, I will reach out of any of these. Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 9:44 am

Dev...rehabbers tend to know other rehabbers and I know many are from other areas of India, if you call some of them...you may be able to direct you to a vet or rehabber near you that is competent. Also, thay may be able to help you get medication or know where you can get medications locally.
They may also know of local training that you and Priya can attend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We may have found a PMV pigeon
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5