Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

We may have found a PMV pigeon

Go down 
+6
Joyfulsongtree
AZJourney
Matilda
spdevanand
AZWhitefeather
priya
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
spdevanand
Special Pigeon Angel
spdevanand

We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 12:13 am

Hey guys,

Update on bird. He is continuing to be active. He drinks water when I show him the bowl. I keep handfeeding him. Yogurt and Baytril are being fed since yesterday. I was inspecting him again and found this below his one of the wings Very sad (this is same area which I have highlighted in the first photo on page 1)

We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 3 Dsc00411

We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 3 Dsc00412

We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 3 Dsc00413

Do you guys have any idea what is this ? Very sad I guess this is one of the reasons why the bird was not able to fly normally.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 7:07 am

Hi Dev, Hi there/Bye
After seeing your recent photos I'm pretty confident those 'tumors' are the same kind that were on Galioth (Kim's rescue).
Here's a link to a series of photos of Galioth's tumors. Body Tumors

Those tumors were benign (they just look awful) and eventually fell off on their own.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
spdevanand
Special Pigeon Angel
spdevanand

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:35 am

Thanks Cindy for your update. I just looked at those snaps, those tumors look really awful, poor Galioth Very sad

Hope it does not grow more and affect this bird. Do you also feel these tumors can stop the birds from flying normally because it is right below the wing Very sad ?
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:36 am

I think so too, Cindy. It does like a temporary tumor.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:37 am

Dev,
Charis had asked (and I believe sent a picture) Dr. Karl Frank about the tumors on Galioth and this is what he had to say.

This From Doctor Karl Frank
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is no need to worry about these "temporary tumors". They will dry up and fall off and usually don't return.
Best wishes and kind regards,
Karl
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:44 am

spdevanand wrote:
Thanks Cindy for your update. I just looked at those snaps, those tumors look really awful, poor Galioth Very sad

* Hope it does not grow more and affect this bird.

** Do you also feel these tumors can stop the birds from flying normally because it is right below the wing Very sad ?

* As far as I know, he healed completely and no tumors recurred.

** I don't believe Galioth was flight impaired because of the tumors.
I remember Kim saying she never would have known anything was wrong except he had a feather out of place. She was able to catch him at night because he was a regular in her yard and slept some where on the patio. Upon examination, she found the tumors, which was the caue of the feather being out of place.
Back to top Go down
spdevanand
Special Pigeon Angel
spdevanand

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:48 am

Thanks Charis & Cindy, I was very worried thinking the bird has got hurt physically. I just got Neosporin thinking that it was a wound, but now I don't think I need to apply it. I hope it recovers soon.

I am still confused on why this bird was unable to fly Very sad
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 9:05 am

spdevanand wrote:
Thanks Charis & Cindy, I was very worried thinking the bird has got hurt physically. I just got Neosporin thinking that it was a wound, but now I don't think I need to apply it. I hope it recovers soon.

I am still confused on why this bird was unable to fly Very sad

The tumor may be hindering his flight, but the neurological issues certainly could be causing a flight problem.
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 9:42 am

pigeonwriter wrote:
Dev and Priya, if your new rescue is so very much fighting against being fed you might switch to fluid nutrition for a few days. Baby cereal helps to get the bird the necessary calories and the feeding goes quickly. Much less stress for the bird and for you. Normal 10 ml syringe with a piece of plastic tube works perfectly. See what I am using:

We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 3 1223x0033tubefeeding1

the tube I am using I bought in a DIY store as "yardware" and if you don't have such a store I am sure you get it at tools stores in India. I just cut it with a knife to the right length. And it's cheap!
Petra thank you so much! I am sure we will be able to find tubes like that. The pic to go with it helped a lot Thank You
Thankfully today the pijjie resisted less and Dev was able to feed it around 40 peas per feeding.
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 9:46 am

Fancyfeathers wrote:
Hi Dev, Hi there/Bye
After seeing your recent photos I'm pretty confident those 'tumors' are the same kind that were on Galioth (Kim's rescue).

Those tumors were benign (they just look awful) and eventually fell off on their own.
I shuddered seeing them...they look so bad..poor baby Very sad I really hope and pray it is benign...They look so bad to me Disappointed
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 9:51 pm

Dev...how's the bird today? Any sign of improvement?
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:41 pm

priya wrote:
Fancyfeathers wrote:
Hi Dev, Hi there/Bye

I shuddered seeing them...they look so bad..poor baby Very sad
I really hope and pray it is benign...They look so bad to me Disappointed

I can't say for certain, but if they are what Galioth had, they are benign. Smile
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:44 pm

It was very interesting, while Galioth was recovering, Kim spotted another feral from her flock with what appeared to be two of those tumors.
There was no way that guy was going to be caught. Apparently he did just fine.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:53 pm

It's been a long time but I've had Pigeons with those tumors in the past too.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 11:03 pm

They're probably really quite common, at least more common than we'd think.
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 3:42 am

Thank you Charis and Cindy...reading about poor Goliath and that it could possibly be benign gives me a lot of relief :Yes: Hope eventually the neurological symptoms also reduce and the pigeon recovers pigeon 1
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 7:07 am

priya wrote:
Thank you Charis and Cindy...

* reading about poor Goliath and that it could possibly be benign gives me a lot of relief :Yes:

** Hope eventually the neurological symptoms also reduce and the pigeon recovers pigeon 1

Oh brother * I just noticed all this time I have been transposing the a and o when referencing Goliath. We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 3 310554
Thanks Priya. Hi there/Bye I'll need to go back and correct my spelling. Embarassed

** We'll all be thinking positive thoughts. Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 8:48 am

Oh i didn't notice that too Laughing no worries...happens a lot of times Happy
Back to top Go down
spdevanand
Special Pigeon Angel
spdevanand

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 11:25 am

Hey all,

Update on bird. He is active and does not fight against me when I hand-feed him. He tries to run to the sides of his cage, when I try to catch him to feed. I am continuing to hand-feed him soaked peas & yogurt. Baytril is also being fed. I am planning to let him move around inside my room for sometime tomorrow.

Thanks,
Dev
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 11:35 am

Dev....I would keep him totally separate form your other Pigeons.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 2:07 pm

How's the Pigeon doing now, Dev?
Back to top Go down
spdevanand
Special Pigeon Angel
spdevanand

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 11:06 pm

Matilda wrote:
How's the Pigeon doing now, Dev?

Hey all,

Sorry could not update the status yesterday. Pigeon is continuing to do good. I see him getting more active. He tries to escape from my hands whenever I pick him. He is eating well. I didn't let him outside yesterday. I have not had a chance to let him out and observe his other behaviors. I will try to have that checked.

Will keep you all updated.

Thanks,
Dev
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 11:11 pm

Thanks, Dev. I was wondering.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 11:19 pm

We appreciate the update, Dev. Thanks
I'm glad your little rescue is doing better.

Positive thoughts and get well wishes continue. Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
spdevanand
Special Pigeon Angel
spdevanand

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 9:48 am

Another update on Birdie. He is more active and I feel he has got more energy. I was inspecting his tumor but it looks like the the hard, dark, dried part on top is no longer there. I can see the skin and a bit of pus under the skip. I am confused if it is a tumor or a wound that is getting healed confused I am thinking of applying neosporin on it. Is it safe / helpful? What do you guys suggest?

I am not able to get a snap right now, as I need someone to help me with the camera while I am holding the bird. But I will get a snap as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We may have found a PMV pigeon   We may have found a PMV pigeon - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We may have found a PMV pigeon
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next