Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Poor little bird with a hurt foot

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Poor little bird with a hurt foot Empty
PostSubject: Poor little bird with a hurt foot   Poor little bird with a hurt foot Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 11:03 am

Poor little bird with a hurt foot 100_2412

For the past 2 years, I see her frequently but I've been unable to catch her. I can't tell if she has anything around her foot but I think not. The last few months, I've noticed that she has started to use the foot for balance.
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Poor little bird with a hurt foot   Poor little bird with a hurt foot Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 7:14 pm

Oh the poor little thing. I wonder what she did to it. If there were something wrapped around it, like string or something, I would think that it would have gotten worse. You mentioned that you have been seeing her for a while.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Poor little bird with a hurt foot   Poor little bird with a hurt foot Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 7:30 pm

Yes...I've been ssing her for the past 2 years. It doesn't look like there is anything wrapped around the foot. It also seems to be getting just a little better...not sticking out quite so far to the side. I have NO idea Maybe it's a splay leg. I feel very sorry for her though because she has a hard time getting her share of food. Her mate is always with her.
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Poor little bird with a hurt foot   Poor little bird with a hurt foot Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 7:56 pm

Oh the poor little thing. It may very well be a splay. I know Scooters leg doesn't stick out to the side quite as much. I mean, it's bad, but because she uses it so much to balance, it now goes out and down, rather than just out. It now bends. This little bird could have the same thing.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Poor little bird with a hurt foot   Poor little bird with a hurt foot Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 9:40 pm

Poor little pij. Disappointed

If she's been around for two years with the problem, I'd say she's doing right well for herself. Smile
She looks great, in that she doesn't look undernourished.

They sure seem to learn how to cope with physical challenges don't they?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Poor little bird with a hurt foot   Poor little bird with a hurt foot Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 2:25 pm

Yes. It's really amazing just how well they learn to cope. You've gotta give them credit. People could take a lesson from them.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Poor little bird with a hurt foot   Poor little bird with a hurt foot Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 4:23 pm

NiteOwl wrote:
Yes. It's really amazing just how well they learn to cope. You've gotta give them credit.

People could take a lesson from them.

Yep!! Some sure could. :Yes:
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poor little bird with a hurt foot   Poor little bird with a hurt foot Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poor little bird with a hurt foot
Page 1 of 1