Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago

Go down 
+6
Teresa
EgypSwiftLady
priya
Jackie\'s Mom
AZWhitefeather
Matilda
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 5:10 pm

How is little Pearl doing Charis?

Louise
Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 789920
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 12:10 pm

Pearl is greatly improved although still a bit wobbly on her feet. She is eating and drinking...squeaking and pecking with an occasional wing slap for good measure. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 2:35 pm

It's all poitive Charis Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 116281 Thrilled Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 395766

Poor baby I love it/them Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 983488 I love it/them has been through God only knows what.

I know Pearl will continue to improve Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 395766 she just needs more time and TLC. Smile

Louise
Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 789920

Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 3:31 pm

I think she will recover too, I just think it will take a little more time. Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 395766
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 8:48 pm

I agree
It's wonderful that she's improving steadily! cheers

You know, I was thinking how odd it would look to non- cpp that everybody cheers whenever Pearl pecks, wingslaps and the like. For us, it's good news, it means energy and recovery, but I wonder what the rest of the people would think... Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 46723 I mean, what would go through your mind if I said, 'My mother's much better now, she even kicked me last night'... Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 321758
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 10:37 pm

Teresa wrote:
I agree
It's wonderful that she's improving steadily! cheers

You know, I was thinking how odd it would look to non- cpp that everybody cheers whenever Pearl pecks, wingslaps and the like. For us, it's good news, it means energy and recovery, but I wonder what the rest of the people would think... Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 46723 I mean, what would go through your mind if I said, 'My mother's much better now, she even kicked me last night'... Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 321758

Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 321758 Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 321758
You have no idea how much I appreciated that. I needed a good laugh!! Thank You
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Update   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 5:32 pm

Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 100_2710[
Pearl after 7 weeks. Today he had a bath and I thought I'd try him, for the first time, out of the cage.
He certainly can fly to where he wants to go and land on his mark. He still had trouble straightening his tail. He can walk but sometimes stumbles because his tail trips him.
Far different bird than the broken one that arrived 7 weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 5:33 pm

Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 100_2711
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 5:49 pm

He's a cutie. Smile
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Except my apologies in advance for the quality of this picture but...   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 5:50 pm

Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 100_2714
I wanted you to see what his tail does. I've never seen anything like it before.
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 6:39 pm

I'm glad he's doing so much better. You've done a great job. But that tail is weird, isn't it? What the heck would cause that, I wonder.
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 7:42 pm

He certainly looks so much better. Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 395766 I can't imagine anything that would make his tail twisted like that Charis. Poor little baby Very sad

How does his underside feel from the vent down? any abnormalities? This is really very weird.

Louise
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 2:48 am

Charis - I just found this thread - don't know how I missed it - probably while my partner was so sick.
It is so good to hear that this little sweet angel is improving nicely. The first picture really looked awful and I would have thought the same as you that the bird was going to die. and now Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 219375 I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them

I wonder about his tail though. My idea is that this might be a cause of his crash, flying into a wall. Maybe he has bumped his rear badly so that the feather quills got somehow compressed or crushed while he tried to land. Maybe he's had a hematoma on his lower part of his back - I don't know - or maybe even someof the quills were broken - this strange twisting of his tail feathers? Hopenfully this will straighten out with the next moult.

Sending much love for you and the little one Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 983488 Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 983488 Circle of Love Circle of Love Circle of Love Universal hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 7:38 pm

I've never seen a tail like that either! It doesn't seem to involve just the feathers, and it doesn't look the same as when they have abdominal pain. Is it possible Pearl might have damaged/broken the last couple of vertebrae, just where the spine goes into the tail? Any swelling?

Kisses for Pearl! Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Here's Pearl Today   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 11:07 am

Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 100_2812
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 11:14 am

Pearl is a typical pigeon in all ways ...alert...responds to his name...wing slaps...pecks...although greatly improved, still very debilitated. Likely, his back end was fractured, probably form being kicked and so his tail is crocked and trips him when he tried to walk. Constantly he flaps his wings to right himself. He loves admiring himself in the mirror and just loves it when there are other pigeons in the house he can watch.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 11:20 am

He's a cutie. Tickled Pink
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 1:06 pm

Too bad that it isn't something that is likely to get better. Do you think he would do better without the tail? Or is the back end messed up enough so that he couldn't walk normally anyway? So sad. Makes you wonder what happened to the poor thing.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 1:14 pm

I've just given him a bath and trimmed the tail feathers a bit. It seems to have helped him walk better. At least the tail can't go underneath and trip him now.
I really do think someone kicked him.

Night before last, I brought him into the liveingrrom with me while I was watching...House Hunters International, of course. He struggled but managed to get around and I just watched, ready to help if he needed it. I put him at one end of the couch and me at the other. He worked hard to get to me. I was surprised that I was a destination and it was very touching. I worry that with the time I can give him, that I'm not enough. Sad.
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 1:28 pm

Charis - this is really very sad and I think you are right with your suspicion, especially when I read the beginning of this thread again and how the bird was laying on its side.

Again and again it is incredible what the so-called human can do with a helpless creature just for fun. Seeing red/mad Seeing red/mad It is making me so sick!

Do you think it will every straighten out so that the poor bird will be able to fly? I know it's a futile question but I just hope that this will improve with your love.

I am really very sorry because I know how it must hurt you to look at him... Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 2:06 pm

Thank you Petra...he can fly. It's the walking he has trouble with. I think he is as good as he is going to get.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 2:51 pm

Matilda wrote:
I've just given him a bath and trimmed the tail feathers a bit. It seems to have helped him walk better. At least the tail can't go underneath and trip him now.
I really do think someone kicked him.

Night before last, I brought him into the liveingrrom with me while I was watching...House Hunters International, of course. He struggled but managed to get around and I just watched, ready to help if he needed it. I put him at one end of the couch and me at the other. He worked hard to get to me. I was surprised that I was a destination and it was very touching. I worry that with the time I can give him, that I'm not enough. Sad.

Oh, bless his little birdie soul! Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 983488 Circle of Love You may fear that you don't have enough time to devote to him, but he obviously knows whom he loves!
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 4:23 pm

Well at least he can fly, and he probably doesn't walk any worse than my Scooter. But I'm wondering if it is painful for him to walk. What do you think. If not, then he might be a good pet for someone who wants a little companion bird and has the time.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 4:40 pm

No...I don't think it's painful.
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 4:53 pm

Matilda wrote:
No...I don't think it's painful.

Well that's good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next