Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago

Go down 
+6
Teresa
EgypSwiftLady
priya
Jackie\'s Mom
AZWhitefeather
Matilda
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 7:00 pm

Matilda wrote:

Night before last, I brought him into the liveingrrom with me while I was watching...House Hunters International, of course. He struggled but managed to get around and I just watched, ready to help if he needed it. I put him at one end of the couch and me at the other. He worked hard to get to me. I was surprised that I was a destination and it was very touching. I worry that with the time I can give him, that I'm not enough. Sad.

Sounds like he does only have eyes for you! I love it/them It's always so sad to see, hear or read about an animal that is handicapped. Disappointed

Through the years we have had many, many animals that were & are handicapped, we started out feeling so sad for these special critters but we soon realized that they were very happy. Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 395766 The twinkle in their eyes, the way they reacted to our kindness & best of all they went about life just like any other non handicapped animal. Great job

This pigeon will make someone a great friend or another pijjie a great mate with just a few modifications to his cage or loft. Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 7:27 pm

EgypSwiftLady wrote:
Matilda wrote:

Night before last, I brought him into the liveingrrom with me while I was watching...House Hunters International, of course. He struggled but managed to get around and I just watched, ready to help if he needed it. I put him at one end of the couch and me at the other. He worked hard to get to me. I was surprised that I was a destination and it was very touching. I worry that with the time I can give him, that I'm not enough. Sad.

Sounds like he does only have eyes for you! I love it/them It's always so sad to see, hear or read about an animal that is handicapped. Disappointed

Through the years we have had many, many animals that were & are handicapped, we started out feeling so sad for these special critters but we soon realized that they were very happy. Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 395766 The twinkle in their eyes, the way they reacted to our kindness & best of all they went about life just like any other non handicapped animal. Great job

This pigeon will make someone a great friend or another pijjie a great mate with just a few modifications to his cage or loft. Happy

I agree Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 395766
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 10:07 am

I've trimmed Pearl's tail feathers by about 2 inches and it's much easier for him to perch and walk. We actually got though the night without me hearing any wing flapping from him trying to balance himself.
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 10:49 am

Matilda wrote:
I've trimmed Pearl's tail feathers by about 2 inches and it's much easier for him to perch and walk. We actually got though the night without me hearing any wing flapping from him trying to balance himself.

I'm so glad the tail trimming is working for him Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 142829 But won't the shortened tail feathers affect his flying? Hmmm
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 10:52 am

Probably not much and he is in the house. The way I figure it...better to walk than fly because as it was, he was falling over on his side all the time and then wing flapping to right himself and to balance. Now he doesn't do that.
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 12:06 pm

Charis - this sounds like a very good idea. I am glad that it worked. Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 116281

Again something learned... Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 219375
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 12:16 pm

Matilda wrote:
Probably not much and he is in the house. The way I figure it...better to walk than fly because as it was, he was falling over on his side all the time and then wing flapping to right himself and to balance. Now he doesn't do that.

I agree with you, I was just worrying about him when he attempts to fly.

I've seen parrots accidently crash into windows after their owners
cut their wing feathers. Disappointed
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:26 pm

Pearly Bird had a great time last night walking on the rug in the living room. He continues to improve...getting around much easier with the new tail bob. He even spent a time on the back of an over stuffed chair, looking out the window.
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 5:36 pm

I'm so glad he's adjusting! Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 116281

When you have time please post a photo I would love to see him Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 395766 I love it/them
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 11:54 am

WOW! WHAT a difference in him Charis! Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 142829

I am wondering if he would do well with the contraption I had made for Tehya? Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 106767

I used to put her in a sling that had her wings free, attached to a PVC pipe by a ring.... then placed the bumpy placemats under her feet so she had something that she could grip onto and then suspended that from two chairs so she could use her legs and balance with help. The sling kept her steady and the PVC allowed her to walk as it slid along the Pipe.

He far can he walk???
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 12:04 pm

Jen...he is walking really well now that I trimmed the tail feathers. I've been bring him in the living room in the evening and it's heart warming to watch him because he has come so far.

On his cage floor, I put just the kind of material you are talking about. He also has towel donuts to perch on or in, if he'd rather.
I took a picture the other night. I'll post it in a minute.
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 12:09 pm

OH!!! Thats AWESOME news!!!! I can't wait to see the snap of him! What do you think his future holds... indoor pet or would he be able to be in an avairy? He is just stealthy and I am super proud that he has come so far with your help. Warms my heart tremendously!!
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Here he is on the back of his chair...   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 12:13 pm

he got there all by himself, which is a very good job as he started on the floor. I watch him and let him do what he can, only intervening if he gets himself in a hard place.

Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 100_2822
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 12:15 pm

AZJourney wrote:
OH!!! Thats AWESOME news!!!! I can't wait to see the snap of him! What do you think his future holds... indoor pet or would he be able to be in an avairy? He is just stealthy and I am super proud that he has come so far with your help. Warms my heart tremendously!!

It's hard to say what the future hold for him as he continues to improve. For the time being, he does need to be monitored closely.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 7:31 pm

It's really wonderful to see Pearl doing so well, considering how very ill he was when you got him! He looks really inquisitive in that picture!
Thanks for the update, Charis! Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 142829

Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 9:20 pm

That is a nice update. He's a cute little thing. Makes me happy that he's improving. Thanks for the picture.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 10:03 pm

You know...he's even better this evening than last. I'm very pleased.
Back to top Go down
technocactus

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 11:16 am

Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 334215 Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 334215 Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 334215 Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 142829 Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 116281 Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 116281
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 3:48 pm

Brilliant! Thrilled
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 5:25 pm

He's even better today!
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 5:28 pm

Matilda wrote:
He's even better today!

Its always so wonderful to read such great updates! Thrilled Hip Hip Hooray
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 1:13 pm

Last night, Pearly flew from his chair to the mantle and knocked some antique trinkets off to the sind when he landed. The noise upset him so much that he flew directly back to his chair and looked somewhat surprised that he had navigated the whole thing.

I just finished giving him a warm bath. It didn't make Pearly happy at all. In fact, he was quite indignant and managed to escape and fly to his cage.

Both experiences, at navigation, a major accomplishment on his part.
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 1:16 pm

That's wonderful. I think he will get better at it the more practice he gets. Thanks for the update.
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 1:21 pm

Such great news Charis! Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 116281 Three cheers for Pearly! Hip Hip Hooray Hip Hip Hooray Hip Hip Hooray

It's just so amazing how well animals can adapt to thier handicaps!
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 1:43 pm

On top of his new found navigation skills...he has become quite cantankerous!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next