Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Rudi's Story - severe string injury

Go down 
+5
Jackie\'s Mom
technocactus
AZWhitefeather
Matilda
pigeonwriter
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rudi's Story - severe string injury   Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 1:52 pm

The pictures of Ruci & Pina are absolutely precious I love it/them Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 983488 I love it/them

Louise
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Rudi's Story - severe string injury   Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 10:34 pm

Love your pictures, Petra. I love it/them
Pina is looking absolutely wonderful. Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 142829
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
technocactus

PostSubject: Re: Rudi's Story - severe string injury   Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 5:14 pm

Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 116281 Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 116281 Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 116281I love Rudi & Pina's story especially Rudi's feet. They healed amazingly!!! Excellent job!!! Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 116281 Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 116281
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Rudi's Story - severe string injury   Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 7:57 pm

Wonderful bathtime photos! I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them Rudi and Pina look blissfully happy together! pigeon 1 Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 983488 Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 35455
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Rudi's Story - severe string injury   Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 11:32 am

Matilda wrote:
I agree...they are too cute. Pina is especially very beautiful and she reminds me of my Libby.

Thank you Charis I love it/them I love it/them . You know what - we have another nickname for Pina - we have called her Pina Doe Eyes because her eyes haven't changed at all. She still has those big dark baby eyes and it reminds us very much of a little fawn. She can look at you that everything seems to disappear...

EgypSwiftLady wrote:

Me too! They are so very sweet together I love it/them Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 983488 Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 983488

Yes - they are! Thank you Robin Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 983488 Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 983488 Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 983488

Jackie's Mom wrote:
The pictures of Ruci & Pina are absolutely precious I love it/them Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 983488 I love it/them

Louise

Thank You Louise - what else could I do but continously photograph them...

AZWhitefeather wrote:
Love your pictures, Petra. I love it/them
Pina is looking absolutely wonderful. Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 142829

Thank You circling Cindy - Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 983488 Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 983488 Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 983488

technocactus wrote:
Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 116281 Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 116281 Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 116281I love Rudi & Pina's story especially Rudi's feet. They healed amazingly!!! Excellent job!!! Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 116281 Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 116281

I am so happy about this!!!! I cannot say Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 983488 Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 983488 Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 983488

Teresa wrote:
Wonderful bathtime photos! I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them Rudi and Pina look blissfully happy together! pigeon 1 Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 983488 Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 35455

When I think about how sick Pina was and for how long then I only can say now - thank God that she is so happy now. She deserves it so very much.
Circle of Love Circle of Love Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Rudi's Story - severe string injury   Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 6:50 pm

Will Pina be the star of your next painting? Wink Happy
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Rudi's Story - severe string injury   Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 10:41 am

Maybe not the next one but Pina will surely be one of my models - Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 395766 Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 395766

And here is a little video I made about Pina's and Rudi's loving relationship. I hope you'll like it - cuteness overload again with music....

Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Rudi's Story - severe string injury   Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 11:31 am

Ah...young love!
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: "Strange" Behaviour   Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 4:30 am

Pina and Rudi have finished their first breeding cycle together with some overtime of one week.
Now they are fully in courting mode again and it is so lovely to hear Rudi sing again for the whole day.

What really irritates me though is that they do not want to "go" out any more Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 106767 . While Pina was sitting on the eggs Rudi regularly took his chance to fly out and have his time outside no matter what the weather was like. When it was bad he regularly returned a bit earlier or even decided to stay inside. Pina was always flying out when it was Rudi's turn on the eggs. Now they are in courtship mode again - since yesterday - are cuddling in the second nest beneath one of my chairs in our livingroom/studio, are running around here from time to time, do heavy helicoptering together but do not leave the appartment although their friends are waiting outside on the balcony. Isn't this strange? I openend the door several times to give them the chance to fly out but they don't want to. The weather is ugly, cold and rainy. Maybe they have become fuzzy about this but still - they love to fly together - I know that.

And now? They are real couchpotatoes I have NO idea . Did you ever experience this kind of thing? I am clueless.... nutter
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Rudi's Story - severe string injury   Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 7:45 am

Appreciate the update, Petra. Smile
I am so glad that Pina and Rudi are getting on so well. Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 983488

As far as having experience with any of mine becoming 'couch potatoes' I can't comment as they don't have the option to be free fliers.

I'm guessing that Pina and Rudi's decision not to 'go' isn't necessarily unusual. It sounds like they are very content with their surroundings and each other so they have no desire to free fly. I have NO idea
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Rudi's Story - severe string injury   Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 7:20 pm

Loved the updates, photos and video! It's great to see Pina and Rudi so happy together! Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 983488
They must be very contented with each other and their surroundings to be flying less! Maybe they'll wait until there is a really nice day before going out.
My Piper spent months indoors, not trying to fly out at all, though her cage door was open and so was the window. I thought she was simply aware that she couldn't fly much and was happy enough like that. That was before she decided to go outside to find a mate! Serious EEK!! I found her on the second day of searching, bedraggled and hungry. Since then I have kept either the window or the cage closed, but she's quite happy indoors, especially now she has a mate.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Rudi's Story - severe string injury   Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 8:28 am

How are Pina and Rudi doing, Petra?
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: Rudi's Story - severe string injury   Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 8:26 am

priya wrote:
This makes me want to share with you all,
there is this pigeon in my apartment complex that comes to feed which has some sort of thread wound around one of its legs pretty bad Very sad
I have been observing it since a month. The poor bird is living with that and i dread to think how much pain it would be causing. It looks more like some sort of a thread rather than string. I don't want that this leads to some sort of an infection, which i am scared might happen :(

Wondering if i will be able to catch him at all :( As the only place i can catch them is from my window ledge and it would be very difficult as the moment i go there, the birds take off. The balconies are always closed with sliding doors as i don't want my cat to get to them and in any case the pidgies don't come to the balcony.

So, wondering how to catch him :( But i desperately want to help the poor fella :(

I'm sorry to use this thread to post this but since i had mentioned about it in the past wanted to update Very sad

The pigeon i was referring to above died Very sad Very sad After i posted here, Petra gave me some ideas to catch it and i was on the look out for this pigeon for many days. I was never able to spot it but hoped that it was safe and that i'll catch it and treat it someday. The threads were wound very bad to its leg and what i feared the worst happened.

Today afternoon when i went to the balcony to my horror i saw a pigeon dead and hanging upside down from the balcony railing of another house on the 7th floor Very sad I was too shocked and upset at the sight. The residents of that house were away on a vacation and had left the house keys with their neighbor.

It was very disturbing and sad to see the poor bird in that condition, though dead, at the mercy of nature. Me and Dev went to their house in the evening and requested if they could open the door. To my horror it was the same poor bird i had spotted
Very sad The threads had got entangled with some metal wires on the balcony railing and it couldn't free itself from it. I can't bear to think how much it would have suffered struggling to get out of there and for how many days Very sad Very sad

Why didn't anyone spot the poor bird battling for its life and save it? Why was i not able to see it earlier and save its life? I am very heart broken and upset Very sad

What do you call it when i couldn't catch a bird i wanted to save when it was alive and had to spot it like this only after it died? The same bird, in the same place, couldn't my fate have allowed me to see it when it was stuck there, helpless? Very sad

It is incredibly sad and i am terribly upset Very sad We put it in a box with a prayer and Dev took the bird to bury it. Fly free and high my angel Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 35455 i'm sorry i couldn't be there to save you Very sad
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Rudi's Story - severe string injury   Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 9:54 am

Dear Priya...I'm so sorry for the bird and so sorry for you pain. I don't know what you could have done differently since you were unable to find the bird. This situation was beyond your control. Still...having gone through a similar situation some years ago, I understand how this poor bird hurts and haunts you.
Recently, I had a bird coming here with a crop torn open, probably from a hawk attack. She would eat and the seed would fall right out. It broke my heart to watch and while I tried to catch her, she would leave before dark and so it was impossible. She came for a week and then she didn't come any more...
I'll never forget her.
Some things are out of our control. Very sad
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Rudi's Story - severe string injury   Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 11:41 am

Oh Priya - I am extremely sorry for this and can so very much understand what you are feeling. It just makes me cry Very sad Very sad . But as Charis said - things are sometimes out of our control. It is very upsetting and it happens to me too that I feel extremely angry about myself when I could not help. Especially when I think about the beginning of my "carreer" of taking care for pigeons, giving them to the emergency vets only to get to know that the birds have been euthanized or died. I still sometimes think about these poor birds and what I could have done differently. Very sad

Please do not start to feel guilty about this - i know this is very difficult for a loving heart - but otherwise it will tear you apart eventually. Think about all the lives you were able to save. This is the only way we can handle this.

Sending you Universal hug Universal hug Universal hug
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: Rudi's Story - severe string injury   Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 5:58 pm

Thanks Charis and Petra Group hug You are right, sometimes we cannot do anything but watch helplessly.
Just that it makes me feel terrible that the poor bird had to die such a terrible death.

Charis, felt very bad reading about the bird you mentioned with the torn crop :( Poor baby :( Hoping that she is safe somewhere

Wonder why these poor birds have to undergo so much Very sad Can only wish that it rests in peace

Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 Star3
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: Rudi's Story - severe string injury   Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 5:59 pm

And very sorry Petra, i had to ruin this thread which was getting happy with Rudi and Pina's recovery, with such a sad news Disappointed
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Rudi's Story - severe string injury   Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 6:03 pm

Priya...I don't think there is any why to it...as part of living, awful, terrible things happen and as much as we try to keep creatures and ourselves and those we love safe... really....most is beyond our control.
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: Rudi's Story - severe string injury   Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 6:04 pm

Sad but true :(
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Rudi's Story - severe string injury   Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 3:06 am

Priya,don't you worry about "ruining" this thread. If we would not have all these happy stories we could not carry on with trying our best. It would simply be unbearable. And it comforts me for all the terrible things that happen too and which you cannot avoid.
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Rudi's Story - severe string injury   Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 9:31 am

On a more happy note I have 2 more little videos with Rudi - when he was preparing for their nest on the closet and when Rudi and Pina were together on the balcony for the first time:

I gave up on counting how often he did that flying job to the closet. After #30 I gave up. I only feared that he would get a heart attack after all that stress.

It was so sweet to watch them and how excited they both were.
This is a while ago now. In the meanwhile Pina has laid a new egg again - in the nest on the closet and the whole cycle started again.

As an update on his feet: the inflammations have completely disappeared and the deep cuts are closed. While I am still bathing his feet twice a week in warm water to see if there is old tissue to be removed I have realized that on his "good" foot the inner toe is stiff and on his bad foot 3 toes seem to be stiff besides the middle one. Also the toe that goes normally backwards is still showing forward and this seems to be permanent. Is there anything I could do to change that - I mean aginst the stiffness? I assume that the nerves have been damaged by those strings a long time ago.

He can walk without limping but has some problems with balancing when he needs to cling to narrow surfaces such as the edge of a box although he manages quite well. I don't think that this would be a big problem outside - or what do you think? When you watch him how he is climbing into the box on the closet he seems to get on with it fairly well. So do I make too much fuss about him?

Each time when he comes back from outside I look at his feet to see whether he has some new injuries but he has not. I think it is more important that he can walk properly - thus looking for food on the ground - than trying to climb on something. What do you think?

Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Rudi's Story - severe string injury   Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 10:53 am

Sweet videos, Petra. Pina is so adorable.
I don't know if you have DMSO in Germany and if you do, it may help to rub some of that on Rudi's stiff toes.
Elli has the same trouble because of the surgery he had done to his foot and his foot is clubbed. At time he looses his balance and he can't perch with that foot.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Rudi's Story - severe string injury   Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 11:22 am

Wonderful videos, Petra. Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 142829 Thanks for sharing them with us.
Rudi was quite busy with his nest building duties. Bless hhis heart. Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 983488
It looks like he's doing wonderfully. YESS!!
And Pina. Such a little darling Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 983488 and looking wonderful as well. flower
You did an awesome job of caring for her when she was so ill. Great job Pigeon angel
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Rudi's Story - severe string injury   Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 4:06 am

Thank you so much Cindy.
Here is another little video I made already in September - it shows how it looked like when Pina started to fall in love with Rudi while he was still confined in his box and they could not touch one another. So just imagine the cover of Rudi's box was closed when Pina was always climbing behind his box and communicating with Rudi through the plastic walls...

Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Rudi's Story - severe string injury   Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 4:11 am

Matilda wrote:

I don't know if you have DMSO in Germany and if you do, it may help to rub some of that on Rudi's stiff toes.
Elli has the same trouble because of the surgery he had done to his foot and his foot is clubbed. At time he looses his balance and he can't perch with that foot.

Charis - thank you very much for this tip. Yes, I would have access to DMSO 98% solution via Ebay Shock - but I am not sure how I am supposed to use this stuff which is quite dangerous if not used properly from what I have read. Can you tell me how I have to use this? I really don't want to make things worse and even burn Rudi's feet.
Btw - you did not say how it helped really with Elli? Can you describe some?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rudi's Story - severe string injury   Rudi's Story - severe string injury - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rudi's Story - severe string injury
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next