Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

west side story

Go down 
+2
zomg fishies
rattyfied
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rattyfied
Special Pigeon Angel
rattyfied

west side story Empty
PostSubject: west side story   west side story Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 3:53 pm

as i've mentioned before Apollo and NewMissus own the balcony - but we have more than one Smile
on the west side of the flat our living room is all window at one end and looks out onto another balcony
recently we started putting food out there and after many weeks the visitors arrived
first it was blue tits and sparrows, then a robin, sometimes great tits, and the odd sighting of dunnock, wren, magpie...

and a woodpigeon, difficult to photograph as it/they are very wary, not sure how many visit we only ever see one up here
but plenty are about
west side story Front_10

west side story Wood_p10

and....
the collared doves, only one visits at a time now so i guess they're nesting nearby
west side story Rimg2410

the dove will make eye contact and is quite comfortable being watched as long as there are no sudden noises/movements
sunbathing
west side story Rimg2510
west side story Rimg2511

i hope to grab some more pics now the light is better and we might have the door open some days

Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rattyfied/sets/
zomg fishies

zomg fishies

west side story Empty
PostSubject: Re: west side story   west side story Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 4:16 pm

very pretty pictures and birds they must be happy with the buffet you put out for them!
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

west side story Empty
PostSubject: Re: west side story   west side story Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 4:48 pm

Lovely, lovely pictures, Rattyfied! I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them Is that Apollo in the flower pot? What a looker! west side story 983488
I couldn't believe how relaxed those collared doves look, even sunbathing nearby! Precious!

Oh by the way, my daughter LOVES your avatar. She said, 'I want to pet that cutie' and started petting the screen... nutter
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

west side story Empty
PostSubject: Re: west side story   west side story Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 4:49 pm

Love the photos, rattyfied. I love it/them Great job Thank you for sharing them with us.
And now having a 'west side story' to follow and be entertained with is wonderful. YESS!! Happy Dance
Please do capture more activity on camera. We'd love to see updates.

The doves are absolutely stunning. Star quality

Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

west side story Empty
PostSubject: Re: west side story   west side story Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 5:35 pm

rattyfied, I love your pics. They're great. How nice that you have both balconies. Thanks for sharing them.
Back to top Go down
rattyfied
Special Pigeon Angel
rattyfied

west side story Empty
PostSubject: Re: west side story   west side story Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 7:03 am

Teresa wrote:
Lovely, lovely pictures, Rattyfied! I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them Is that Apollo in the flower pot? What a looker! west side story 983488
I couldn't believe how relaxed those collared doves look, even sunbathing nearby! Precious!

Oh by the way, my daughter LOVES your avatar. She said, 'I want to pet that cutie' and started petting the screen... nutter

thanks - the pij in the pot is the woodpigeon, no name as yet as we can't tell them apart
here is Apollo, photographed at breakfast this morning
west side story Apollo10

i'm sure Wisden (in my avatar) appreciates the virtual attention! Tickled Pink
he is just a baby in the pic...now he's a senior rattie "uncle" but he still loves fuss
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rattyfied/sets/
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

west side story Empty
PostSubject: Re: west side story   west side story Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 7:07 pm

Apollo really lives up to his name, he's beautiful! I love his colouring! I love it/them

You have a lovely feathered and furry family! Say hello to Wisden from us! Hi there/Bye
Back to top Go down
Siam Sam
Special Pigeon Angel

west side story Empty
PostSubject: Re: west side story   west side story Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 10:16 am

Great photos! Great job
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

west side story Empty
PostSubject: Re: west side story   west side story Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

west side story
Page 1 of 1