Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?

Go down 
+14
plamenh
rattyfied
EgypSwiftLady
wolfwood
Squid
Tech
Effa
Jenaka
AZJourney
Teresa
NiteOwl
AZWhitefeather
Matilda
Birdbarn
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 2:53 pm

Tech wrote:
Whoa ...I wanna live in that cage!!!! nutter nutter :bounce: :bounce:

Everybody does, Tech, so I think there's a queue! That's too funny

That's a wonderful photo, Birdbarn! I never imagined that your loft could look even better from the inside! And what lovely birds!
ARE THOSE PERCHES? LOOKS TO ME THAT YOU BUILT THEM A GYM... :That\\\'s so f
Back to top Go down
Squid

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 2:26 am

I love it/them Wow spectacular
Back to top Go down
wolfwood
Special Pigeon Angel
wolfwood

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 11:58 am

Not only is your Aviary quite striking but ShadowWoods sounds like quite an amazing place! You are clearly a true steward of the land and her riches. We try to do much the same at Wolfwood, although our birds don't have near the castle your's do so we're not letting them see this thread! I look forward to following your blog - it's good to have inspiration!!!
Back to top Go down
http://4winds.zenfolio.com
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 8:08 am

Hello Everyone. For sometime now, I’ve been meaning to let those of you who asked about my flycage construction, know more about how it was built. Sorry for the delay. We’ve been busy prepping for winter.

My flycage has a perimeter of 9’ wood poles (Douglass Fir, painted with linseed oil for preservation, sunk into concrete) and three, 20+’ long overhead rafters. The wire netting (4’ wide and vinyl-coated to prevent rusting) is tightly stretched and stapled across these primary support elements.

Between the posts along the length of the fly cage, along the face of the coop and between the 4’ wire netting sections, I used quarter-inch, braided steel cable to further reinforce and/or attach the wire netting. There are four cables running the length of the flycage. The cable is woven through edges of each wire netting section, stretched and fastened at the ends. I then used zip-ties to additionally attach the wire to the cable.

The result is a flycage without internal poles or support elements within its boundaries. The wire netting is better supported and better fastened together as a complete unit. The cables help keep the long stretches of wire netting taut.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to contact me should you want more information.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 8:23 am

Thank you, Joe. My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 142829
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 8:52 am

My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 686336 Joe. My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 458406

Every time I look at your photos (which is a lot) I nearly begin to drool with envy.
Since Mikko has joined the group, I sure hope he doesn't see them. My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 164371 My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 164371

I wish I was in the position to have a such an elegant enclosure. I'd settle for even a 1/4 of it. My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 573503

Are you expecting a harsh winter?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 9:33 am

BirdBarn your loft is wonderful! I love all the photos and reading your blog. I love it/them
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 6:30 am

I took this picture on Tuesday. I call this their "bath and lounging" area. They have three large bathing bowls that I add a drop of ACV in each. I change the water at least twice a day. They love to take baths!

My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 Img_0716[/
Back to top Go down
rattyfied
Special Pigeon Angel
rattyfied

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 7:01 am

wow that is amazing
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rattyfied/sets/
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 7:59 am

My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 Woohoo17 Another Birdbarn photo My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 Woohoo17

You know, but for the fact you would draw tons of people My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 4187 , you have the makings of a 'stress reliever' day clinic. My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 487209
An hour or so of visiting your pigeon palace and watching your birds, folks would become stress free. My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin I'm serious.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 9:34 am

Love the picture, Joe. My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 142829 More. please!!!
Back to top Go down
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 5:35 am

We are really hungry after a chilly night. It got down to 30 degrees Saturday morning.

My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 Img_0724
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 6:15 am

This is great picture Joe, looks like pigeon rainbow. That's too funny
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 6:39 am

I think I see some of my babies. My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_cheers They all look great.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 8:58 am

Wonderful photo, Joe. My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 259792
Many My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 686336 for s haring it with us.
There is such a magnificent variety of colors. My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 98152

I love the pose of the bird where I have the arrow pointing.
It looks like a Jacobin. If so, their faces are very rarely photographed.

My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 Joe_s_10
Back to top Go down
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 9:37 am

Cindy,

That is Sophia and she is mated to Carlo. She is a real looker. I will take a better picture of her.

I have eight mated pairs of Jacobins, they are one of my favorites. Anytime I have someone over to see the birds, they are always blown away by the Jacobins.

That's too funny And yes Charis, those are your guys from several years ago. That's too funny
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 10:37 am

Oh yes, she's definitely a Sophia. My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_wink As in Sophia Loren. Stunning!!
I bet she carries herself beautifully.
I'd love to see more pictures of her. My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 922425
Back to top Go down
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 11:16 am

Yes, as in Sophia Loren, who was married for many years to film producer Carlo Ponti.

Ponti produced one of my favorite films "Doctor Zhivago".

Carlo and Sophia are a lovely couple. I don't think she is camera shy. Picture(s)/video
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 5:58 am

I just saw this thread now and i know what i missed. OMG what an amazing place and beautiful aviary Birdbarn. I can see why all the other members are dying to clean up your cages now...i don't mind being rude and jumping the queue to be there first That's too funny

Your birds are beautiful and the pics are breathtaking I love it/them I would give anything to live in a place like that. It's amazing, a visual treat....i am so jealous of you Joe Smile Can't take my eyes off your pics.

My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 193770 to read your blog now.
Back to top Go down
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 7:20 am

Priya, thank you so much for your great comments. I'm really proud how the fly pen turned out and especially for my birds.

We updated the blog recently and hope you enjoy reading the adventures at Shadowoods.
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 8:16 am

Birdbarn wrote:
Priya, thank you so much for your great comments. I'm really proud how the fly pen turned out and especially for my birds.

We updated the blog recently and hope you enjoy reading the adventures at Shadowoods.
I have made myself a follower of that blog Jumpin for joy
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 8:56 am

priya wrote:
Birdbarn wrote:

I have made myself a follower of that blog Jumpin for joy
For easy access, I'm going to re-post the link to your website, Joe.
It's so entertaining, I would hate for anyone to miss it.
http://www.lifeatshadowwoods.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 9:20 am

Here are pictures of the main Birdbarn.

It is 10'w x 10'd x 10h. (I know too high). It holds 90 nest boxes and 60 individual perches. The nest boxes and perches are low enough to allow my disabled birds access. The nest boxes are lined with fresh alfalfa grass that is replaced each time during the "big clean", except if a pair are laying on fake eggs. The big clean is done every three days.

I use screened, washed sand for the floor cover that is changed completely during the big clean.

Also have a movable screen partition to separate the birds.

Front view:
My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 Img_0712

Left side:
My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 Img_0713

Right side:
My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 Img_0714
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 9:27 am

My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 840845 That is incredible, Joe. My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 848164
I love it, love it , love it!! And Chuck says ditto on that!!

My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 4134 so much for sharing the main birdbarn with us. My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 52853
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 9:40 am

Joe your loft is just wonderful! Way To Go All the pigeons are so lucky to be able to live there.

You put our lofts to shame Embarassed Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next