Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?

Go down 
+14
plamenh
rattyfied
EgypSwiftLady
wolfwood
Squid
Tech
Effa
Jenaka
AZJourney
Teresa
NiteOwl
AZWhitefeather
Matilda
Birdbarn
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
alan bain1

My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 1:42 pm

STUNNING PLACE , ITS A VERY NICE SET UP FOR YOUR BIRDS
Back to top Go down
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 10:15 am

Smile Thank you Alan for the great comment. Smile

Hope to see more comments from you!
Back to top Go down
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 10:43 am

Went out to the Birdbarn this morning and it was 32 degrees inside the loft.

My plastic bullet water containers were somewhat frozen. I quickly got the birds fresh water and turned on the inside flood lights to take the chill off. It was 15 chilly degrees this morning.

:WHAT?: We are expecting a high of 32 degrees today. :WHAT?:
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am

Birdbarn wrote:

My plastic bullet water containers were somewhat frozen. I quickly got the birds fresh water and turned on the inside flood lights to take the chill off. It was 15 chilly degrees this morning.

My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 4 840845 That's enough to make you shiver in your boots! My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 4 764214
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Jenaka
Special Pigeon Angel
Jenaka

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 10:38 pm

Birdbarn wrote:

We're getting your cold weather here in New York in a couple of days. I just got my new heater so I can try it out. Ugh, I always wondered why so many people moved to Florida when they got older. Now I understand. Laughing I'm really not ready for winter brrr! 🇳🇴
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/PigeonFriend
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 10:41 pm

We got up to 30 today, briefly.
I hear ya Jen.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 11:12 pm

I'll be anxious to hear how the heater works, Jen. My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 4 458406
Back to top Go down
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 11:36 am

Wink After a week of snow, wind and rain, Monday was the first mostly sunny day and the birds took full advantage. Here they are enjoying the sun and taking baths. Its was 46 degrees.

At what outside temperature should I discontinue baths?

mg.com/image_preview.php?i=55&u=14221858]My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 4 Img_0816
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 11:42 am

The Pigeons here take baths in all weather conditions. I had some bathing in the water feature last week when the temperature didn't get about 29 degrees. My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 4 Affraid
I would say...they know when it's too cold and I would offer bathing water as you always have.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 12:03 pm

Our feral flock loves to take a bath no matter what the weather conditions are.
Rain or shine, cold or hot, windy or calm. My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 4 26340
Although we don't get snow, winter temps can be a bit cool. Colder water than what I would want to take a bath in. My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 4 764214
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 12:40 pm

I stop filling the bath water when the temp. hit the single digits.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 8:28 pm

Smile Thanks for the advice. I was not 100% sure it was okay and now I know. Smile
Back to top Go down
pouletchalet

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 2:16 pm

Hey Joe,
How are you? I haven't been online for awhile so haven't been in touch. Super busy with the wildlife and I'm getting a lot of rescued homers and racers. I saw these pictures again of your palace. OMG I'm just drooling!
I need to build a pij palace soon and needs some advice.
Can I come visit to see your masterpiece and bring you 4 fantails? Laughing That's too funny

Sierra Wildlife Rescue Stefanie
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 2:25 pm

Nice to see you here, Stephanie.

How is Bob doing?
Back to top Go down
pouletchalet

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 5:23 pm

Oh Bob is doing wonderful. Bossy Bob I call him! He is quite the lady's man and took up with one of my feral girls ( she was one of our baby orphans-now adult) and ditched his old girl friend. I hate to break it to him but the feral girls are going to have to fly the loft soon and go out to be free flyers of the sky. Oh well, there are plenty of other pretty gals in there and his old lady too!. Laughing I have some serious colony breeding going on in my loft. Very entertaining. Hmmm
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 5:34 pm

How wonderful to see you Stefanie. Celebrate
I hope all is going well with you. Happy Dance
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?   My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Fly Cage is finally finished...What do you think?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4